already confused/disappointed

tombarton

I just got my Kingsong 16s in the mail and i am quite disappointed and confused with multiple things:

1. I ordered silver and got black 
  2. Opened it up and there are a couple small scratches/scrapes on the bottom of the foot pedals and I have not even ridden the thing yet
  3. The instruction manual that it came with is extremely lackluster - what is the button with a green ring around it next to the power button? 
  4. When I turn it on it continuously beeps every couple of seconds, and it is incredibly annoying- can you stop this? 
  5. How do the RGB lights work? When I turn it on there are 4 red lights that light up on either side, and that is it. 
  6. See picture attached. I linked up my phone to the wheel and it shows 60 km in the bottom right corner... has this wheel been ridden for 60 km already???

image1.JPG

The red lights show a motor/hall sensor fault...or that the wheel is not correctly been "setup" by production line!

Its defect!

Contact ewheels.com!

Also, that its the wrong color, and looks like used/scratches is very uncommon for ewheels.....perhaps just a fault, where the wrong box was sent.....

To your point 6:

This 60km shows what the batterie range can deliver...it is not driven miles!

But again: the missing serialnumber in the square above shows that the wheel has a problem.

2 hours ago, tombarton said:

I bought it from ewheels. Really only read positive things about them so I am surprised this is happening. 

The reason that anyone buys a wheel from EWheels is for the after sales support. Use it. Contact Jason and he will resolve all your issues. You'll probably get much better satisfaction than depending on the forum, which can be hit-or-miss. Good luck.

Hi Tombarton, very sorry for the unicycle problems, from your screenshot there's no Series Number, it tells the problem comes from missing Series Number on the control board.

May I know your email pls? I'd like to assist you solve problems. 

I can t understand how is possible something like this. 

The wheels are expensive, and i read everytime i came here problems with new wheels...

How can we bring new guys for something like this...

I am with a problem with my new KS 18s. The seller is trying to help, the kingsong contact is concern and mantain contat with me, in theforum i have all the support,  but my friends in Portugal are afraid. 

How can i convence them to spend over 1000euros in something that can bring so many problems?

11 hours ago, tombarton said:
  • I ordered silver and got black 
  • Opened it up and there are a couple small scratches/scrapes on the bottom of the foot pedals and I have not even ridden the thing yet
  • The instruction manual that it came with is extremely lackluster - what is the button with a green ring around it next to the power button? 
  • When I turn it on it continuously beeps every couple of seconds, and it is incredibly annoying- can you stop this? 
  • How do the RGB lights work? When I turn it on there are 4 red lights that light up on either side, and that is it. 
  • See picture attached. I linked up my phone to the wheel and it shows 60 km in the bottom right corner... has this wheel been ridden for 60 km already???

My apologies for these troubles. The background to this batch of Wheels was that a previous Distributor, JuicedWheels, contacted me about a week ago that he wanted to exit the business, offering me his KS16S stock. The timing was opportune, as our incoming shipment of Wheels was delayed by a week. The inventory was represented as 'new' & 'unused', I had requested that each box be power-on checked before shipping them out, somehow this one slipped though... I'd be more than happy to replace it with a new one that's just arrived & is now clearing US Customs. 

6 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

My apologies for these troubles. The background to this batch of Wheels was that a previous Distributor, JuicedWheels, contacted me about a week ago that he wanted to exit the business, offering me his KS16S stock. The timing was opportune, as our incoming shipment of Wheels was delayed by a week. The inventory was represented as 'new' & 'unused', I had requested that each box be power-on checked before shipping them out, somehow this one slipped though... I'd be more than happy to replace it with a new one that's just arrived & is now clearing US Customs. 

That makes sense as KS "forgot" to program the serialnumber on some of there first KS16s in the first Batch!

Which can by the way be installed easily by an Special app in the aftermath (without the seller travelling trough the US :-) )

Like always, Top Service, Jason! If you ever want to open a branch Office in Germany..... ;-)

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

Like always, Top Service, Jason! If you ever want to open a branch Office in Germany..... ;-)

Thanks! The team is growing & the King Song supply pipeline is increasing, goal is to reduce/eliminate having to wait for weeks to receive Wheels. 

21 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

That makes sense as KS "forgot" to program the serialnumber on some of there first KS16s in the first Batch!

Which can by the way be installed easily by an Special app in the aftermath (without the seller travelling trough the US :-) )

Hi man, sorry, it's obvious there's misunderstanding. 

Now I can tell you, we never forgot to add searies number, instead, we will first add it in the mainboard, then sticker on the EUC pedal, then sticker on the outside carton.

You can see every EUC must pass the test before delivery(video below), if we forget to add in the series number, how can we ride the unicycle as in the video.

So why did missing happen? It was after testing, on the last QC (we had 3 times QC during all production process), my colleague pressed "reset to defaults” buttom, and then shutdown unicycle before reset competed, this cause missing series number. And we send out the EUC without notice it.

Anyway, this problem only happened 5 months ago, we soon solved the problem, and never happened again.

Very sorry for our stupid operation mistakes. However, series number can add again easily under your local agents' help.

19 minutes ago, Flora Yuan said:

So why did missing happen? It was after testing, on the last QC (we had 3 times QC during all production process), my colleague pressed "reset to defaults” buttom, and then shutdown unicycle before reset competed, this cause missing series number. And we send out the EUC without notice it.

Anyway, this problem only happened 5 months ago, we soon solved the problem, and never happened again.

Very sorry for our stupid operation mistakes. However, series number can add again easily under your local agents' help.

That's what i said, or? ;-) That it only was on one of the first KS16S batches and only happend to a few wheels...

You can be very sure i am no KingSong Hater :-)

There are even some Forum Mod's that can help with this Kind of fault....add Serial number ;-)

2 hours ago, Bambino said:

How can i convence them to spend over 1000euros in something that can bring so many problems?

You simply show them that when something is wrong and you ordered it from eWheels, it will be made whole asap by someone who knows that your reputation as an honest business is your most valuable asset. Jason is such a businessman and he respects his customers and understands their problems enough to know how much this investment means to them. Kudos again Jason!:thumbup::thumbup:

Actually makes me feel better and more proud to be an " eWheeler" when I read stories of CS like this. Also makes me feel like Juicedwheels was getting out of business for a reason.

I am having all the help to: seller, kingsong, forum members. That s not the issue.

I only think that a new wheel can not give so much problems.

I read so much problems.

Everybody helps, but if you tell someone: buy these 1000euros wheel.. it will have problems, but we help, what you think that person go to tell you??

This is not the way. Brand new produts can not have so much problems.

Thats my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Bambino said:

I am having all the help to: seller, kingsong, forum members. That s not the issue.

I only think that a new wheel can not give so much problems.

I read so much problems.

Everybody helps, but if you tell someone: buy these 1000euros wheel.. it will have problems, but we help, what you think that person go to tell you??

This is not the way. Brand new produts can not have so much problems.

Thats my opinion.

Sooo much problems? Can you just even please describe what the problem is?

with some more words than: "i have a sound"?

Its allways a bad feeling when you are receiving a "bad product"....but that even happens on apple, samsung etc....that has nothing todo with the price point!

And then: I guess you ordered on aliexpress and not in europe, because you want to save some(NO: a lot) of money! So now its natural, that you have to insist on "helping by forum""helping by mail" and wait and invest some time till the problem is solved.....instead of just giving it back to a 800Euro MORE expensive european dealer with 14day return warranty.

Yes, i agree with you... I dont mind of this situation, i understand, its only a machine and problems exists and is possible to solve them...

But i am thinking in somebody is new in this things, and dont have that kind of understanding...

In Portugal there is no sellers. Imagine someone wants to buy one wheel and dont understand this things....

My problem is not big deal and i think this weekend i fix it... but look at the problems with gotway, for example: crashs and problems and not fixit, 

In this moment, i have afraid to buy gotway, because of that i buy KS and i am not regreat.

The point here is the problems that some manufactures have in brand new wheels.

27 minutes ago, Bambino said:

Yes, i agree with you... I dont mind of this situation, i understand, its only a machine and problems exists and is possible to solve them...

But i am thinking in somebody is new in this things, and dont have that kind of understanding...

In Portugal there is no sellers. Imagine someone wants to buy one wheel and dont understand this things....

My problem is not big deal and i think this weekend i fix it... but look at the problems with gotway, for example: crashs and problems and not fixit, 

In this moment, i have afraid to buy gotway, because of that i buy KS and i am not regreat.

The point here is the problems that some manufactures have in brand new wheels.

i really got your point!

And yes, some manufacturers have more probs then others...

Let me say to all that Rockwheel store is helping me a lot, and Kinsong (Diana@szkingsong.com) is always asking if the problem is being solved.

I am very happy with that. And of course as i said in early posts, in this forum everybody helps. 

If anyone said: you want your money back? You want another wheel? I will say: noooooo.... i want KS 18S!!!

:D:D

PS: I love my motopogo too... 

motopogo.jpg

On 25.8.2017 at 3:44 PM, KingSong69 said:

That's what i said, or? ;-) That it only was on one of the first KS16S batches and only happend to a few wheels...

That wasn't the point. It was about your statement that they had "forgotten" to program the serial in the first place, which apparently is not true. That's what @Flora Yuan wanted to point out. They did program and test the wheels, but after testing, the test engineer did a factory reset, probably to reset the mileage counter, which (and that's the real error) deleted the serial number in the process. Since the factory reset is the very last step before packing the wheel up, they did not notice the error until the first customer reports came in.

I'm glad that someone from KingSong finally took the time to explain how this happened, because until now, I also thought they did not test those wheels. After that explanation, I am much more confident in their QA process again. Things like this can happen, unfortunately, and it was not even a QA problem in this case. It was an error in software development.

I know from my own experience in setting up production test procedures, that there must not be anything that could possibly be done wrong, or it will be done wrong. Every time we had to work around a shortcoming in production testing by issuing temporary extra procedures like: connect this cable before that one, or: wait for 10 seconds after power on before running this procedure, or anything like that: It just doesn't work. Not for 200 devices in a row. There will be at least two or three where the procedure was not followed correctly.

So, better make sure there is no procedure to erase an already programmed serial number. This doesn't make any sense, it is "asking for trouble". Our devices for example use a completely separate memory chip to store things like serial, Ethernet MAC address, device type, production date, and so on. There is a checksum to make sure this data is valid and no procedure to erase this memory after it was programmed.

Edit: It seems like it was not planned to be able to erase the serial, but since they have no separate memory to store this information, they have to read the information out into RAM, erase the FLASH, and then put the saved information back. Of course, if you shut down the unit before the entire operation completed, you may end up with no serial. So to really fix this, the hardware needs to be designed such that a factory reset can be done without touching the memory holding the serial number. Most FLASH chips have special sectors which can be protected from erasure for exactly this purpose. Even better is a separate serial EEPROM chip, which is not expensive and doesn't take up much space on the board either.

On 25.8.2017 at 7:04 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I thought all wheels leaving the King Song factory were tested for operation on the testing "rack" as seen in one of their videos?  I remember seeing a bunch of KS16's all turned on and running on what appeared to be some sort of testing rig/rack.

They are, apparently. Re-read what @Flora Yuan posted and you will understand how they could ship units without serial after test-riding them successfully.

44 minutes ago, Christoph Zens said:

That wasn't the point. It was about your statement that they had "forgotten" to program the serial in the first place, which apparently is not true. That's what @Flora Yuan wanted to point out. They did program and test the wheels, but after testing, the test engineer did a factory reset, probably to reset the mileage counter, which (and that's the real error) deleted the serial number in the process. Since the factory reset is the very last step before packing the wheel up, they did not notice the error until the first customer reports came in.

that they didn't "really" forgot to program the serialnumber was quite clear to me.....That's why i have written forgotten in Quotation marks:

On ‎25‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 2:18 PM, KingSong69 said:

Flora, with chinese-english language barrier dont get that this wasn't meant literally spoken.....but seams i have to be more exact next time in General.

As coincedentally i am having the tool/Software, which is used to to "reset" -and/or even reprogram the serialnumber, i know quite well how this happend....

Archived