GOTWAY VS3+ OR KINGSONG 18S

Bambino

Hello verybody...

I need you help to decide: gotway or kingsong?

GOTWAY V3S+ 1600WH - 84,2V

KINGSONG 18S 1500W/1680WH - 67.2V

Could you help to mak a choice? I like kingsong because the confort to ride on seat and the visual..

Gotway as far as i now, is powerfull because the 84,2volts...

can you give me more information and pros and con about both?

Thanks.

GOTWAY_VS3.jpg

KS18B-Oblique.jpg

To say it as easy as possible:

Gotway V3s+: Speed and Performance Champ!

KS18S: A Little less Speed,but plus Quality and Safety, and usable Accesoires like Light and Music!

Also: There is a Search Funktion above!!! Just use it ;-)

Hello Kingsong69, you are very helpfull.

I am sorry if this topic already exists, but i am afraid to choose and the regreat....

You where very sintetic and help me a lot.

I listed these pro's and cons before. Mind you that they are my personal experience having ridden both wheels.

The pro's for Kingsong are:
- price
- speakers (if you are into music while driving, but there are other ways to get music on the way)
- rides both ways, also in dark (back and fronlights on both sides)
- lights go on automatically
- visible battery indicator while riding

The cons for Kingson are:
- manouvrability
- small pedals. I have shoesize 46 (11) and it matters!

The pro's for Gotway
- Power (but then, I am quite heavy)
- More manrouvrable then Kingsong.
- the handle (I use it a lot and is really convenient)
- more reserve power.

The cons for Gotway
- the price

In most respects, both wheels perform the same. Both have very stable rides in a straight line. Both make about as much noise. Also range and speed are comparable. I think that the Gotway is safer at higher speeds, because it has more reserver power. The cutoff speed of the Kingsong is just 5km/h above the max speed, while Kingsong (with higher max speed) has at least 20km/h higher cut-off speed. 

I could have listed every pro of the Kingsong as a con for the Gotway, but I listed them as I experience them. For example, I do not consider it a con that the Gotway does not have switcheable front/back lights. Also the visibility of the battery indicator is not that important, when you can see it on your app.

Overall I like the Gotway better.

1 hour ago, johrhoj said:

The cutoff speed of the Kingsong is just 5km/h above the max speed, while Kingsong (with higher max speed) has at least 20km/h higher cut-off sp

We are talking about the 18S here....Afaik it has a cutoff lift speed of over 60kmh?

Also the both motor drivers of KS/GW are not comparable....tests on belts and testrigs have shown, that the liftcutoff of a KS is nearly same to the cutoff on a treadmill under load...while on GW on a tresdmill under load the cutoff happens a lot before liftcutoff...but other than that we are near together :-)

I have had V3, upgraded to 1160wh, and Ks18a, 1360wh to the same time...

Hard to make a decision....My Ks18 is more stable....while the V3 is more agile...i love both the same! And:

Both i dif not drive over 35kmh....while i could have, but in my view all above 32/33 kmh did not feel comfortable and secure anymore...so i heard the 80% alarm of the v3 not more than 2 or  3 times!

For what i o ordered a Ks18s then? for the much, much more power, safety and reserves it has!

Also with the 18S i will for sure not go faster as 35kmh.......

Thanks to all

With you help and all that is written, i like both and i a could i buy both...but, i cant

Ladies and gentleman the choice is... tam...taratam......  

KINGSONG 18S 1500W/1680WH 

KS18B-Oblique.jpg

Hello

To my decision:

"KS18S: A Little less Speed,but plus Quality and Safety, and usable Accesoires like Light and Music!"

Safety... the possibility to seat when riding. 

Everybody say that KS18 is very safety and thats important for me. 

And the visual of the unicycle: i like the fact that is tall - sorry my english is not so god.

But safety is the more import, because they are very similar in the other aspects.

10 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

We are talking about the 18S here....Afaik it has a cutoff lift speed of over 60kmh?

Also the both motor drivers of KS/GW are not comparable....tests on belts and testrigs have shown, that the liftcutoff of a KS is nearly same to the cutoff on a treadmill under load...while on GW on a tresdmill under load the cutoff happens a lot before liftcutoff...but other than that we are near together :-)

I have had V3, upgraded to 1160wh, and Ks18a, 1360wh to the same time...

Hard to make a decision....My Ks18 is more stable....while the V3 is more agile...i love both the same! And:

Both i dif not drive over 35kmh....while i could have, but in my view all above 32/33 kmh did not feel comfortable and secure anymore...so i heard the 80% alarm of the v3 not more than 2 or  3 times!

For what i o ordered a Ks18s then? for the much, much more power, safety and reserves it has!

Also with the 18S i will for sure not go faster as 35kmh.......

Still looking forward to your 18s review

9 hours ago, Bambino said:

Hello

To my decision:

"KS18S: A Little less Speed,but plus Quality and Safety, and usable Accesoires like Light and Music!"

Safety... the possibility to seat when riding. 

Everybody say that KS18 is very safety and thats important for me. 

And the visual of the unicycle: i like the fact that is tall - sorry my english is not so god.

But safety is the more import, because they are very similar in the other aspects.

I eventually chose the KS18S too!  I started with the ACM 1300, then the Gotway incident happen with Marty, then they announced the firmware fix.  I got a KS16 and love it!  Could use a little more speed, I bump the 30km/h speed limit all the time.  When they announced the fix, I was thinking maybe get the Msuper instead, but then I thought about it more since I already have the KS16, it would be more of the same, but faster.  I decided to go with the KS18S because it was the same weight and wheel as the Msuper, but has a seat.  I find that I can only ride about 30-45 minutes before my feet get really sore.  Maybe with the seat I can ride longer!  

KS is much more safe than Gotway.  They don't push their product to the max like Gotway and make their customers test the limits.  LOL

I also love the bluetooth speakers!  I ride with my music blasting.  On the KS16, the speakers are not that great, I'm hoping the KS18S speakers are better.  I should be getting mine end of the week or early next week.  Jason just create the label to ship.  

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

I decided to go with the KS18S because it was the same weight and wheel as the Msuper, but has a seat.  I find that I can only ride about 30-45 minutes before my feet get really sore.  Maybe with the seat I can ride longer!  

I know is too late, but a comment on your comment...

I had the chance to ride an MSuper v3s+ last weekend, and after a 3 something hour ride (with stops), I hadn't had any foot pain at all - something I didn't even realise until the next day.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Still looking forward to your 18s review

:crying: I would love nothing more than to do that review ...but seams that i had bad luck this time with Transportation Company/time! Nothing to worry, but still waiting :-(

Just now, KingSong69 said:

:crying: I would love nothing more than to do that review ...but seams that i had bad luck this time with Transportation Company/time! Nothing to worry, but still waiting :-(

Maybe they confiscated it because they are illegal in Germany :o Just kidding :D

16 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Good info. I did not know that.

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I had the chance to ride an MSuper v3s+ last weekend, and after a 3 something hour ride (with stops), I hadn't had any foot pain at all - something I didn't even realise until the next day.

i know ian also mention that the msuper is wider now and you cant really stand normally, more bow legged.  do you have the ks18?  i wanted something different than the same boring wheels ive been riding.  

4 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

i know ian also mention that the msuper is wider now and you cant really stand normally, more bow legged.  do you have the ks18?  i wanted something different than the .  same boring wheels ive been riding

Is there actually such a thing as a boring wheel :confused1: I refuse to believe it :D

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Is there actually such a thing as a boring wheel :confused1: I refuse to believe it :D

LOL, if you have 3 of the same wheels and you want to get a 4th that is similar?  Yeh, it gets boring, isn't that the reason you get the monster vs msuper vs acm?  they are different in their own way, if not, why make them? 

6 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

LOL, if you have 3 of the same wheels and you want to get a 4th that is similar?  Yeh, it gets boring, isn't that the reason you get the monster vs msuper vs acm?  they are different in their own way, if not, why make them? 

:)  I have multiple wheels for variety, but none of them are boring. Ultimately, any EUC is fun fun fun :clap3:

Just now, Marty Backe said:

:)  I have multiple wheels for variety, but none of them are boring. Ultimately, any EUC is fun fun fun :clap3:

I've outgrown the one I learned on, both the Airwheel X3 and Ninebot One is very boring to me.  Not so boring when I was learning. :D

9 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I've outgrown the one I learned on, both the Airwheel X3 and Ninebot One is very boring to me.  Not so boring when I was learning. :D

But take that Airwheel X3 with you in a car, as an example. And you are someplace far away from home and you have a little bit of spare time as you're waiting for something. The Airwheel would than be fun tool around.

It's all relative, and fun :D

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

But take that Airwheel X3 with you in a car, as an example. And you are someplace far away from home and you have a little bit of spare time as you're waiting for something. The Airwheel would than be fun tool around.

It's all relative, and fun :D

Yep... Right now I'm 6673 miles (10739 km) away from my wheel, and I'd be stoked to have any wheel available for tootling about!

10 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The MSuper is on it's way to your doorstep right?  :)

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Yep... Right now I'm 6673 miles (10739 km) away from my wheel, and I'd be stoked to have any wheel available for tootling about!

Are you still in CA? Thought: If you are going to buy one, take delivery of the MSuper from Jason's warehouse, ride it around and then have him ship it to NZ.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Are you still in CA? Thought: If you are going to buy one, take delivery of the MSuper from Jason's warehouse, ride it around and then have him ship it to NZ.

No, no purchase yet...

And yes, I'm still in CA - currently at Pismo Beach, tasting wine!

Archived