GOTWAY VS3+ OR KINGSONG 18S

Bambino

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

No, no purchase yet...

And yes, I'm still in CA - currently at Pismo Beach, tasting wine!

What is the longest time you've been away for work?

23 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

What is the longest time you've been away for work?

I think there have been a couple of trips that were 3 weeks... But a lot of the time is spent traveling, with only short stops at each destination. The exceptions being Israel and Connecticut, where the stays are often about a week.

40 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Where's the ride report?  Stories?  Tales of lusty adventure among the California wilds?  :w00t2: :popcorn:

Not enough bandwidth for too much detail (or pictures), sorry. Though I should look at some sort of comment from the ride - I'll wait for the video footage first though, and will add to that. And I will see if I can manage some off-topic stories too.

But here's something for you in the meantime... It seems that we aren't completely unnoticed by China - following a couple of the posts (here and on FB) about my trip / reconnaissance mission, Diana from KingSong has contacted me to see if I'm interested... We're messaging (right) now about where I might be able to try a KS18.

43 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Not enough bandwidth for too much detail (or pictures), sorry. Though I should look at some sort of comment from the ride - I'll wait for the video footage first though, and will add to that. And I will see if I can manage some off-topic stories too.

But here's something for you in the meantime... It seems that we aren't completely unnoticed by China - following a couple of the posts (here and on FB) about my trip / reconnaissance mission, Diana from KingSong has contacted me to see if I'm interested... We're messaging (right) now about where I might be able to try a KS18.

Wow, very cool. Although I must say that the KS18 will be a disappointment to you after having ridden an MSuper, which after all, is a man's wheel ;)

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Wow, very cool. Although I must say that the KS18 will be a disappointment to you after having ridden an MSuper, which after all, is a man's wheel ;)

I read that Marty ?LOL...

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Diana has put me onto a contact in Singapore who may be able to let me ride one when I am there - as it is the only card "missing from my set" I will have to try it out, if it comes together.

Who knows, I may end up seeing your Gotway, and raising you a King Song! :P

4 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Know worries...in a week, I can't wait to get my Kingsong 18s and 16s, put on my dress, and give them a go...?

:roflmao:

1 minute ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Diana has put me onto a contact in Singapore who may be able to let me ride one when I am there - as it is the only card "missing from my set" I will have to try it out, if it comes together.

Who knows, I may end up seeing your Gotway, and raising you a King Song! :P

If it comes to fruition hopefully you'll be able to test it on some comparable hills. That's where the rubber meets the road when it comes to power and ergonomics.

I will be very interested in hearing your thoughts. I have yet to read or see any insightful comparisons between the MSuper V3s+ and the KS18S.

If it didn't cost upwards of $2k I'd buy one myself to test (and enjoy of course).

22 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If it comes to fruition hopefully you'll be able to test it on some comparable hills. That's where the rubber meets the road when it comes to power and ergonomics.

I will be very interested in hearing your thoughts. I have yet to read or see any insightful comparisons between the MSuper V3s+ and the KS18S.

If it didn't cost upwards of $2k I'd buy one myself to test (and enjoy of course).

Perhaps that's the answer... I should buy both the King Song v3s+ and the MSuper-18S !

I'm also thinking about getting a second wheel.

In some other threads, Jason mentioned about axle cracking in Gotways?  Would this only defer the selection to the KS?

I want the ACM 16 since it has the 1300W but wouldn't be worth the extra range if the axle is going to break sooner.

Thoughts?  Thank you.

14 minutes ago, CaptainKBLS said:

I'm also thinking about getting a second wheel.

In some other threads, Jason mentioned about axle cracking in Gotways?  Would this only defer the selection to the KS?

I want the ACM 16 since it has the 1300W but wouldn't be worth the extra range if the axle is going to break sooner.

Thoughts?  Thank you.

I've never heard of a Gotway axle breaking in anyway, certainly not in any of the models released in the last couple of years.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

If it is a "mans wheel",why did it throw you off in the bushes? what does your wheel know that we don't???:o

41 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Never heard of a single axle problem with Gotway. That was only on earlier Kingsong models.

ACM is 1500W nominal.

Sorry guys.  Went back to read the thread and I remember incorrectly.  It was the old KS14C he was talking about.

40 minutes ago, jrkline said:

If it is a "mans wheel",why did it throw you off in the bushes? what does your wheel know that we don't???:o

It must be that the man wheel does not like to be riden broke back mountain style.  Maybe he should get a pink wheel that would enjoy being ridden. LOL. 

1 hour ago, jrkline said:

You're looking at it from the wrong angle. A Man's Wheel will treat you like the tough man that you are - throwing you off the wheel, etc. because it knows that you can take it :laughbounce2:

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You're looking at it from the wrong angle. A Man's Wheel will treat you like the tough man that you are - throwing you off the wheel, etc. because it knows that you can take it :laughbounce2:

Lol.  I am not taking anything from no man! So all my possessions have female names. In order to be appropriate to all denominations, i am etherosexual so my bias. I can understand that if one was of other preference a male partner would be appropriate. 

2 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

Lol.  I am not taking anything from no man! So all my possessions have female names. In order to be appropriate to all denominations, i am etherosexual so my bias. I can understand that if one was of other preference a male partner would be appropriate. 

That's a new one for me :confused1:

• 3 months later...

I have a Ks16 and Gotway MSuper 18. Though the two are not of the same class, I definitely find the overall design and features that KS16 has beat Gotway. I got Gotway 18 for power and option to sit down. It seems like the power is there, but as far as sitting down goes, its seat is far from comfortable because it's too low making it hard to control. So I had to add some extra padding of 5 inches to raise it to where I don't come close to squatting. Between the two, I recommend KingSong--better built, more features, more comfortable.

Archived