Southern California - Whittier Hills on 27May2017

Join us for our first Whittier Hills ride of 2017. This is some great trail riding, but nothing too difficult. ~15 miles of relatively slow speed fun.

There are no facilities in and around these hills, but you're never more than a couple of miles from a road. Bring water and snacks. Plan on riding for 2 to 3 hours.

See the video posted here for a preview of the riding conditions.

We will meet at the trail head here, 9am this Saturday.  There is very limited street parking near the trail head, but you can easily find street parking on Painter Ave and ride the short distance to the trail head. That is where I intend on parking, somewhere around here: https://goo.gl/maps/Hmci8SQzfx82

Respond to this post if you want us to wait for you. If nobody responds it's my prerogative not to show up, but otherwise I'll be there.

Hope to see you this Saturday.

@jrkline @noisycarlos @Questor @nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @abinder3 @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

19 minutes ago, jrkline said:

Ditto.

And I found the correct ending route so that we don't have to lift our wheels over that 6 foot fence :crying:

On 5/22/2017 at 5:05 PM, Marty Backe said:

. I hope to explore southern orange county and San Diego this summer.

San Diego has some nice bike trails (more like concrete trails) around the harbor where the pleasurecraft are docked.  Coronado was a nice drive.  Some nice hills with wide sidewalks.  Near the stadium where the San Diego Chargers used to play there are some long paved trails with some hills.  Near there is a fairly steep hill that goes up kind of circular to the top, kind of close to where the Navy Federal Credit Union was in the 80's.

6 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Sorry.  I'll still be in Thailand then. 

Allen

Find any EUCs over there?

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

San Diego has some nice bike trails (more like concrete trails) around the harbor where the pleasurecraft are docked.  Coronado was a nice drive.  Some nice hills with wide sidewalks.  Near the stadium where the San Diego Chargers used to play there are some long paved trails with some hills.  Near there is a fairly steep hill that goes up kind of circular to the top, kind of close to where the Navy Federal Credit Union was in the 80's.

The problem with California is that there are too many trails to explore. It's going to keep me busy for years :D

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Find any EUCs over there?

Not where I'm at.  Even if there were, the sidewalks are too narrow, filled with people, and make the off roading I've ridden with you look like a smooth surface. 

Forget about riding on the streets; too many crazy drivers. 

Allen

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The problem with California is that there are too many trails to explore. It's going to keep me busy for years :D

I really like the paved Cogswell dam ride and the Aliso Creek Riding and Hiking Trail. 

Allen

14 hours ago, abinder3 said:

Sorry.  I'll still be in Thailand then. 

Allen

I'm Thai, How is Thailand? I was there with family last year. I think raining season just started. EUC hit in Thailand many group ride I see in youtube. I would luv ride go downtown BKK outside around Siam Paragon malls city center. 

Numan

14 hours ago, steve454 said:

Yes, Coronado was nice. Downtown San Diego to Balboa park and to the harbor last weekend ride really nice. Stop at Italy town for pizza and cool drinks. So many eyes on me ride on EUC

12 minutes ago, unowheel said:

I'm Thai, How is Thailand? I was there with family last year. I think raining season just started. EUC hit in Thailand many group ride I see in youtube. I would luv ride go downtown BKK outside around Siam Paragon malls city center. 

Numan

Got some rain. 

Allen

39 minutes ago, swvision said:

O second thought, cant make it...I've been wanting to do a group run for a while now. Will to be moving to silverlake soon...Should be up and running by next week.

There will be plenty more to follow :)  See you soon.

3 hours ago, Sven said:

Am I supposed to get some kind of notification when I'm tagged? There's got to be better ways to not miss these meet up announcements!

I add everyone to the announcement page. When you come to the forum page you should see notifications in the upper right corner, one of which will say that you've been "Tagged" in a discussion.

That's about all I can do. It would be too time consuming to send messages to everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived