18 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I get?

• Gotway Msuper V3s+ (18 Inch) - 1600wh
    • Gotway MSuper V3s (18 Inch) - 1300wh
    • King Song 16" - 840wh (KS16-840)
    • King Song 18" - 840wh (KS18B-840)
    • King Song 18" - 1680wh (KS18B-1680)
    • Other

After the issues I had getting support from IPS, I'm giving up on trying to get my IPS Lhotz 340 fixed, and I'm probably just going to sell my IPS122 off to someone else.

I've spent the last few days looking at various options and think I'm down to two or three choices.

My requirements:

• Suitable for daily use (commute to work) - about 5mi / 8km daily
  • Suitable for a day out and about without limping home - about ~15mi / 24km
  • Reasonably able to purchase/have shipped/supported in the US
  • Reasonably able to handle rain/puddles (i won't be driving through deep water, but I do have to ride in heavy rain occasionally)
  • Max Speed: at least 30km/h
  • Great manufacturer support and responsiveness.
  • Not so large that it's uncomfortable to hold on to on the subway/doesn't take up much space.
  • Has trolley handle or easy aftermarket availability.
  • Reasonable availability/price for a second charger (so I can charge at home and at work) - although with the larger capacity battery this may not be necessary.
  • Suitable for my kind of offroading:

I've added a poll to this topic. Help me choose!

Thank you!

C

Could you go into detail about the problems you had with IPS? I originally had purchased a Lhotz from them but cancelled when they indicated a ship time of two weeks. I eventually purchased an IM vf5, but did want to get the IPS 181 eventually (I think...the big motor one), but I wonder if the supply chain is simply too sketchy this far out from the west Pacific.

2 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

C

Could you go into detail about the problems you had with IPS? I originally had purchased a Lhotz from them but cancelled when they indicated a ship time of two weeks. I eventually purchased an IM vf5, but did want to get the IPS 181 eventually (I think...the big motor one), but I wonder if the supply chain is simply too sketchy this far out from the west Pacific.

Details in this thread: 

I'm really loving my KingSong 18 - 1680wh (KS18B).  I just got back from a ride at the beach here in the Los Angeles Area.  I'm 6ft tall and weigh about 192 lbs.  I went 17.5 miles this morning at the beach in 1hr 26 minutes and I wasn't even trying to hurry it along.  And I still had 74% charge left in the battery (started with 100% charge)

I actually like how it's kinda on the tall side because I believe that I'm actually able to do a lot of the turning in it by just rolling my knees the direction that I want to turn.

It's a little heavy at 50lbs, but I don't feel it when I'm riding.  Most of the wheels this size are going to be about 50lbs.

It comes with 2 different types of panels for the top of the housing; one with vents to aid in cooling and one without vents that you can use instead if you are expecting to be riding in rain.

I purchased mine through @Jason McNeil on ewheels.com.  He lives in Florida and his warehouse is here in California. He's been extremely helpful whenever I've had questions and is also known on this forum to be a very good person to deal with.  He even rides a KS18 at times as well.
(I've actually purchased an Inmotion V3pro at first from him, then an Inmotion V8, and now the KingSong 18B.)

But then again, some of the guys on this forum also ride Gotways and they love them.

I purchased the KingSong 18 from @Jason McNeil because I really was impressed with his honesty and willingness to answer questions and to help me.

It would be best if you talked to @Jason McNeil as he's very knowledgeable about EUCs.  He even has a video on YouTube where he's touring the KingSong facility where the KingSong wheels are made.

Allen

3 hours ago, abinder3 said:

I'm really loving my KingSong 18 - 1680wh (KS18B).  I just got back from a ride at the beach here in the Los Angeles Area.  I'm 6ft tall and weigh about 192 lbs.  I went 17.5 miles this morning at the beach in 1hr 26 minutes and I wasn't even trying to hurry it along.  And I still had 74% charge left in the battery (started with 100% charge)

I actually like how it's kinda on the tall side because I believe that I'm actually able to do a lot of the turning in it by just rolling my knees the direction that I want to turn.

It's a little heavy at 50lbs, but I don't feel it when I'm riding.  Most of the wheels this size are going to be about 50lbs.

It comes with 2 different types of panels for the top of the housing; one with vents to aid in cooling and one without vents that you can use instead if you are expecting to be riding in rain.

I purchased mine through @Jason McNeil on ewheels.com.  He lives in Florida and his warehouse is here in California. He's been extremely helpful whenever I've had questions and is also known on this forum to be a very good person to deal with.  He even rides a KS18 at times as well.
(I've actually purchased an Inmotion V3pro at first from him, then an Inmotion V8, and now the KingSong 18B.)

But then again, some of the guys on this forum also ride Gotways and they love them.

I purchased the KingSong 18 from @Jason McNeil because I really was impressed with his honesty and willingness to answer questions and to help me.

It would be best if you talked to @Jason McNeil as he's very knowledgeable about EUCs.  He even has a video on YouTube where he's touring the KingSong facility where the KingSong wheels are made.

Allen

@abinder3 thanks for posting that screenshot, she is so good looking:wub:  If I had computer skills, i would center her in the picture and not have her father in it.  Unfortunately, I have to do it with my mind.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

@abinder3 thanks for posting that screenshot, she is so good looking:wub:  If I had computer skills, i would center her in the picture and not have her father in it.  Unfortunately, I have to do it with my mind.

That's actually a YouTube video if you click on the arrow in the middle of the screen.

Allen

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

she is so good looking

If I had computer skills, i would center her in the picture and not have her father in it.

Yes, very pretty! It's fun to see the people behind the EUC companies. The man is her father? Is he the owner of the King Song company?

TinaKingSong.jpg

7 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

I would go for an Inmotion V8. 

Gotway's reputation is souring. 

Kingsong has a good rep I think..

but that Inmotion though!

I have both the Inmotion V8 and the KingSong 18B.  For straight commuting and if you're not planning on doing tricks, I'd pick my KS18B over the V8 with no hesitation. 

If Inmotion had been smart and put a battery at least twice the size in the V8 it now has, then maybe it would be a harder choice.  The KS18B handles bumps in the road much better and feels much more stable than the V8. 

To me, the only thing that I like about my V8 over the KS18B is the weight; the KS18B is about 50lbs and the V8 is about 30 pounds. 

Allen 

Great feedback. Looks like it's pretty much between the KS18B and the MSuper V3s+!

If I combined forum and Facebook votes, the King Song wins. I'm going to sit on this over the weekend while I figure out who I want to make the purchase from.

Thanks, y'all!

1 hour ago, Marcus Matos said:

Great feedback. Looks like it's pretty much between the KS18B and the MSuper V3s+!

If I combined forum and Facebook votes, the King Song wins. I'm going to sit on this over the weekend while I figure out who I want to make the purchase from.

Thanks, y'all!

I have both....KSA18A 1200W 1360wh and Msuper V3 normal Version.....

If you are in deciding between them...i can give you some of my experience and thoughts which is "better":

If you are -just or mostly- looking for very High Speeds, the answer for choosing is definitly V3s+....As you can even go over 45kmh and that on a Batterie range from about 30-100%.

The KS is "only" able to do 40kmh max and that only a Batterie percentage from about 50-100%...If Batterie percentage is 45% or more down you will have a Speed restriction of in the begining 30kmh and with Batterie more getting down, even down to 25kmh....

What absolutly speaks for the KS18 is all of the Rest: The build Quality, Safety, board, Motor Connections, lights, the Speakers, the app etc etc etc....in every other aspect as Speed the KS beats the V3 with ease.....

Also:

Both wheels are 18" wheels, but.....both have a HUGE difference in drive Feeling and behaviour...the V3 as it is not very high, behaves nearly like a 16"....especially when compared to the KS18. The KS18 is not as agile,but therefore it is like a tank, it is the stablest ride i ever take on a EUC until today. I guess this Comes from the high Shell, which sits against the knees....you first have to adjust your steering a bit to get doing sharp turns.....

The KS18 is a lot harder from the pedal Feeling, the V3 can be nearly called soft, also the KS18 braking abilities are about 10times better than the V3.....

So -as i personaly- find riding (18") Euc's  with speeds faster than ca. 33kmh  uncomfortable and risky and find myself doing this only for very short periods of time....for me it is hard to vote for the V3s+.....

To get the best of both - high Speed AND high Quality including equipment....it might be an Option to wait for the -rumoured- NEW KS18 2000Watt, expected to Show up in the middle of the year :-)

And btw: If you really choose a KS18....the correct Name of the newest and best Version is: KS18AY+.....there is no KS18"B"

In the states, as far as i know, there is only Jason from ewheels.com has them!!! if you are from europe, Attention, some sellers are still selling an older Version of KS18 with weaker board and older motor....i can give you some adresses there...can not see where you are from!

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

And btw: If you really choose a KS18....the correct Name of the newest and best Version is: KS18AY+.....there is no KS18"B"

In the states, as far as i know, there is only Jason from ewheels.com has them!!!

ewheels.com is where I got the model number from: SKU: KS18B-1680 - https://www.ewheels.com/product/king-song-18-840wh-1680wh-1200w-motor/

mSuper3 1600wh is a great wheel but due to motor wiring issue and other quality problem with the broken pedal.. If I were to buy another wheel I would get the king song 18 inch from Jason at www.ewheels.com The advantage of buying from Jason is the warranty, accessory upgrades like battery, maintenance service, support of local / quick service, someone who cares about the evolution and safety of electrical unicycle, actively visit and provide inputs to the manufacturer!,  etc..

Archived