List of Wheels - Safe Speed & Real Range

nomad

Your range values for the ACM V2s and MSuper V3 appear very close to my actual experience. I haven't yet tested my Monster in the real-world - hopefully it is also within your predictions.

50 minutes ago, Mono said:

What is the model behind the safe speed calculations and, in particular, how is the constant calculated?

would like to know that also:

this: 2*2.5 numbers i dont get?

and that also for wheels that arent on the market yet, like Ks16s or Ks18 2000watt?

Also i have to say that even as the batteries are just rated at 10 Amps....did not mean that for a short time they could not give more...they could...its just bad for the cells and not reliable!

The russian test belt only tested what the wheels are able to produce on power....and there are several aspects into this...not just max batterie pack power availablity.....

Also KS did for a example not use all of the packs in parallel....the packs (on the actual wheels) are just "daisy chained"...

and nevertheless they got a safe 30kmh out of their wheels.....

so that list is a bit theoretical....at least...Sorry :wacko:

I decided to split the KS16 battery pack configuration discussion to the new thread http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/6444-daisy-chain-vs-real-parallel-battery-packs/to not "hijack" @nomad's thread...

Edit: Hope this worked out well and everything is ok - is my fist thread splitting...

Edited by Chriull
  • Upvote 1

Thanks @nomad. That's a huge amount of work you have done for us.  Its going to be referenced frequently.  I have been wondering for some time what all the various wheels are capable of; now I know.  And the calculations are helpful too.  Well done.  I'll rep you when my allowance is topped up. I've been a bit rep happy today. ?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I thought the Monster had a nominal of 1500W and peak of 3000W, as per the specs given by sellers. 8000W ?

Because if 3000W is peak power, then max safe speed is 34 km/h using your formula (which I don't understand but I'm just going to trust you on that).

What am I missing ?

• 10 months later...