Santa Delivered Early - KS-14C/840Wh

FreeRide

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Thanks to eWheels and APS Fulfillment, Santa was able to continue working with the Elves to get ready for the 25th.  He has learned when it is necessary to delegate.

Thanks to this forum I learned about EUCs after getting the Segway/NineBot MiniPro. Then after many hours reading, watching videos, and much debate I decided to get the King Song 14C. Basically it sort of came down to it had the battery I wanted among the wheels that were currently available.  While I consider it a bit over priced these days relative to the competition I thought getting it before spring, "might" allow me to get a bit of a head start on learning to ride, even though the 14D, 16S, and V5F+ were just around the corner for availability.  The ACM would have probably been a very good choice, but if I like this one and can learn to ride I'm sure I'll get another wheel.  I wanted a smaller wheel to start just so it would be easier to carry and hide away when needed and I figure it would always be useful after getting a bigger wheel.  The V8 showed up just as I was making my decision (I could have had it this Friday), but as I reviewed what little data there was out there on that I decided that the 14C was better for me because of battery and some possible early issues I was sensing with the V8.  

I have to say ewheels ordering really was painless... and they sure picked a great strategy in using APS Fulfillment service. Delivery tracking and updating was extreme really. Absolutely top notch on the same level as Amazon prime or better.  

Light snow falling right now, but it's not supposed to last.  Still it's below freezing so I think I'll have to try and do some learning indoors if I can.  I might have to wait for a block of time.  I'm really looking forward to it, but at the same time I'm apprehensive.  

With only 30km on the MiniPro I might be transitioning to the EUC a bit early, but I'll certainly continue to ride the MiniPro as the weather permits as I'm sure it will take me some time to get comfortable on the wheel.  My dominant leg is also my weaker leg these days so that may affect learning and riding something like an EUC.  

This is one year where if there is no snow for Christmas I'll be fine with that.

Thanks to everyone that makes this forum great, it made getting up-to-speed as they say easy on the 'book-training', I'm hoping it will do the same on the practical side as well. :)

:thumbup:

18 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Thanks to eWheels and APS Fulfillment, Santa was able to continue working with the Elves to get ready for the 25th.  He has learned when it is necessary to delegate.

Thanks to this forum I learned about EUCs after getting the Segway/NineBot MiniPro. Then after many hours reading, watching videos, and much debate I decided to get the King Song 14C. Basically it sort of came down to it had the battery I wanted among the wheels that were currently available.  While I consider it a bit over priced these days relative to the competition I thought getting it before spring, "might" allow me to get a bit of a head start on learning to ride, even though the 14D, 16S, and V5F+ were just around the corner for availability.  The ACM would have probably been a very good choice, but if I like this one and can learn to ride I'm sure I'll get another wheel.  I wanted a smaller wheel to start just so it would be easier to carry and hide away when needed and I figure it would always be useful after getting a bigger wheel.  The V8 showed up just as I was making my decision (I could have had it this Friday), but as I reviewed what little data there was out there on that I decided that the 14C was better for me because of battery and some possible early issues I was sensing with the V8.  

I have to say ewheels ordering really was painless... and they sure picked a great strategy in using APS Fulfillment service. Delivery tracking and updating was extreme really. Absolutely top notch on the same level as Amazon prime or better.  

Light snow falling right now, but it's not supposed to last.  Still it's below freezing so I think I'll have to try and do some learning indoors if I can.  I might have to wait for a block of time.  I'm really looking forward to it, but at the same time I'm apprehensive.  

With only 30km on the MiniPro I might be transitioning to the EUC a bit early, but I'll certainly continue to ride the MiniPro as the weather permits as I'm sure it will take me some time to get comfortable on the wheel.  My dominant leg is also my weaker leg these days so that may affect learning and riding something like an EUC.  

This is one year where if there is no snow for Christmas I'll be fine with that.

Thanks to everyone that makes this forum great, it made getting up-to-speed as they say easy on the 'book-training', I'm hoping it will do the same on the practical side as well. :)

:thumbup:

Once you learn to ride the kingsong that mini pro will be collecting some serious dust. at least it would in my house. lol

5 minutes ago, Donafello said:

Once you learn to ride the kingsong that mini pro will be collecting some serious dust. at least it would in my house. lol

I suspect you're right.  That's why I have to use it a bit more as soon as possible. Learning to ride the EUC though I feel is going to be a lot more difficult, I hope I can master it to the point where I feel comfortable on it.  Maybe they will update the MiniPro if the EUC does not work out.  

Congratulations, the 14C is a great machine. I think it's a classic.

Owning that plus a 16 & 18 inch wheel, I have to tell you that the 14C will be a more challenging wheel to learn on. That being said, if you can ride the 14C you can ride any wheel.

So hang in there and don't give up. The rewards will be worth it in the end.

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Congratulations, the 14C is a great machine. I think it's a classic.

Yes it is.I just bought a second one today from a listing on Craislist.Turns out that the seller was @Sketch whom I never met but who will be joining myself and @Marty Backe for a group ride this weekend. 

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

the 14C will be a more challenging wheel to learn on. That being said, if you can ride the 14C you can ride any wheel.

Woo hoo! I learned on my 14c and despite some weird issues, I love it.  You will too @FreeRide.  And you WILL master it, even though at times you feel it is impossible.  Put in the hours, experiment, push the boundaries and suddenly it will be there, and you will be riding like it's always been there.  Everyone who keeps going gets there, and you will too.  

15 hours ago, jrkline said:

Yes it is.I just bought a second one today from a listing on Craislist.Turns out that the seller was @Sketch whom I never met but who will be joining myself and @Marty Backe for a group ride this weekend. 

That's hilarious. So will Saturday also be a secretive exchange of money for product ;)

I know you only bought it for the batteries. The question is, will they be adding to your monster ACM or will you be making a monster 14C? :shock2:

@jrkline@Marty Backe  Say it ain't so Jeff.  Your not going to dismantle my 14c?  Ha ha...if you can use it to build a super wheel,  I would love to see it.

On a side note,  if anyone wants to buy an Inmotion V8,  I may be willing to part with it.  I love it, but I'm riding the ACM a little more and I'm trying to limit myself to two wheels.

Marty, do you think Fullerton Loop is going to be super muddy after the rain?

4 minutes ago, Sketch said:

@jrkline@Marty Backe  Say it ain't so Jeff.  Your not going to dismantle my 14c?  Ha ha...if you can use it to build a super wheel,  I would love to see it.

On a side note,  if anyone wants to buy an Inmotion V8,  I may be willing to part with it.  I love it, but I'm riding the ACM a little more and I'm trying to limit myself to two wheels.

Marty, do you think Fullerton Loop is going to be super muddy after the rain?

I don't know. As I recall the dirt seemed very sandy so I'm hoping it won't be muddy. I'm anticipating a dirty ride, but hopefully not muddy, Hopefully the next day will dry things out sufficiently. @noisycarlos is also joining us. He might be interested in the V8 as I know he's on the verge of buying a new wheel.

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That's hilarious. So will Saturday also be a secretive exchange of money for product ;)

I know you only bought it for the batteries. The question is, will they be adding to your monster ACM or will you be making a monster 14C? :shock2:

I bought it because the price was too good to pass up,not for the batteries. $575 for a near new @Jason McNeil special 800w 840wh 14c is a steal! Somebody else from Studio City has a 680wh version listed on Craigslist for $850 at the same time.So I have no doubt that the EUC gods were smiling at me.:thumbup:

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Say it ain't so Jeff.  Your not going to dismantle my 14c?  Ha ha...if you can use it to build a super wheel,  I would love to see it.

Not to worry.One monster ACM is enough!

3 minutes ago, jrkline said:

I bought it because the price was too good to pass up,not for the batteries. $575 for a near new @Jason McNeil special 800w 840wh 14c is a steal! Somebody else from Studio City has a 680wh version listed on Craigslist for $850 at the same time.So I have no doubt that the EUC gods were smiling at me.:thumbup:

I should say... I just paid full price!  Although I knew that was a little high given the 14D is on the horizon already not to mention the competition from other vendors, but I wanted it now and wanted the 840Wh pack.

33 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

I should say... I just paid full price!  Although I knew that was a little high given the 14D is on the horizon already not to mention the competition from other vendors, but I wanted it now and wanted the 840Wh pack.

The 14c is a great wheel,even at full price.The 14d is a nice wheel too(got to ride it during my visit to China in Oct.) but the 14c will still be made as well according to @tinawong.It is one of the best wheels ever made,total home run on the first pitch!

Archived