Inmotion v5 jump test

Sidestreet Reny

:popcorn:@Hirsute might know, in one of his videos he rides a V5, not the V5F+, but he did not do any jumps, only spins, backwards, one foot and foot switching.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   $400 almost sounds good enough price to chance it, maybe use it just for on the ground tricks

40 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

What happens to the Inmotion v5 when it leaves the ground, does it turn off in the air when jumping, hopping or dropping? I found one for $400 so I was curious how it rides.

1 hour ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

does it turn off in the air when jumping, hopping or dropping?

@Sidestreet Reny you've mentioned wheels turning off in the air before, it got me wondering, which wheels do that?  Most wheels speed up when off the ground, until they reach maximum speed, then they do cut off, but the one's I've had seem to take a second or two to reach that speed.  Just how high are you dropping from?:blink:

3 minutes ago, steve454 said:

@Sidestreet Reny you've mentioned wheels turning off in the air before, it got me wondering, which wheels do that?  Most wheels speed up when off the ground, until they reach maximum speed, then they do cut off, but the one's I've had seem to take a second or two to reach that speed.  Just how high are you dropping from?:blink:

Yeah most of them speed up in the air, some more than others...some way too much. The airwheel was the main one that just turned off as well as some TG generic thing. It wasn't the drops (4ft or so) but more the hop or lift jump type thing, it would just beep and turn off in the air.

4 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

The airwheel was the main one that just turned off

That's interesting - my Airwheel X5 got jumped every day for 3 years, and never once turned itself off in the air.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2016 at 7:16 PM, Sidestreet Reny said:

It wasn't the drops (4ft or so) but more the hop or lift jump type thing, it would just beep and turn off in the air.

That makes me wonder, when you are jumping up, does maybe the wheel get tilted forward or backward more than 45 degrees?  Maybe just for a second while you are going up the wheel tilts enough to cut off, like they do when they get too far away from an upright position.

On a drop the wheel would be level, right?

Just guessing, I have not tried to jump anything other than a 1 inch sidewalk mismatch or a small tree root:unsure:

On 17 November 2016 at 9:02 AM, Sidestreet Reny said:

Mine did hopping up to benches and such, anything over curb size.

Benches and such, yeah I rember when I could do that...IN MY DREAMS !!!. Seriously, I struggle just lifting my wheel onto a bench by the handle, and you're jumping it up by gripping it with your legs.???!!!??? I wouldn't want to get you as a wrestling opponent. ?

Archived