DARE i ride my MSuper BEFORE the MCM 4?

Greg Spalding

Thanking all of you, in advance

my experience with EUCs is entirely in riding a BORROWED ninebot one e+... For less than 100 miles and not that recently

you can see from my signature what wheels were going to be in my possession by this afternoon

I was going to go out all weekend on the MCM 4..... The smaller and less powerful to re-familiarize myself

FedEx has just told me that the MCM 4 be here until Monday

but, my MSuper will be here by 2 o'clock this afternoon via UPS

so, am I a moron for not being able to wait three days and go out and try to refamiliarize myself on a much stronger wheel and one that is far more powerful than anything I've ever been upon?

Everyone knows I'll never be able to wait... I'm not sure who amongst you could

Am I stupid?

Should I have my wife hide the UPS box until the FedEx box arrives in three days?

As always, thank you in advance

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

my experience with EUCs is entirely in riding a BORROWED ninebot one e+... For less than 100 miles and not that recently

you can see from my signature what wheels were going to be in my possession by this afternoon

I was going to go out all weekend on the MCM 4..... The smaller and less powerful to re-familiarize myself

so, am I a moron for not being able to wait three days and go out and try to refamiliarize myself on a much stronger wheel and one that is far more powerful than anything I've ever been upon?

Am I stupid?

Should I have my wife hide the UPS box until the FedEx box arrives in three days?

If it were me, I'd just jump on it and go in a heartbeat. Though that would most probably leave me not wanting to use the MCM4 except for quick runs to the store or smth. 

Also worried if that shiny new shell would get scratched up. But that's EUCs in a nutshell. 

Just go for it and get the new matte replacement shell for the msuper when the time comes. 

Have fun with your new wheel(s) and do report back your results! Have fun and stay safe

porque no , un consejo es desconectar el tilbak o probar su efecto a bajas velocidades , mi mayor accidente en un ninebot e + fue por el susto al activarse el tilbak , protegelo para los golpes y a disfrutar aunque sea cerca de casa , yo tengo mi Msuper hace 10 dias y lo utilice el tercer dia porque yo estaba un poco enfermo , disfrutalo y comparte con nosotros algun video , felicidades

why not, a tip is to disconnect the tilbak or test its effect at low speeds, my biggest accident in a ninebot e + was with shock when activating the tilbak, protect for hits and enjoy even closer to home, I have my Msuper 10 days ago and use it on the third day because I was a little sick, enjoy it and share with us some video, congratulations, sorry for the translator

59 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

Am I stupid?

Ride the msuper first. It will be much easier to ride. Just set the tiltback to a low speed so you won't hurt yourself if you fall off. Wear wrist guards, a helmet and something to cover you ankles (incase the pedals catch you while you're falling).

Also pad up the msuper to protect the shell.

24 minutes ago, YaocH said:

If it were me, I'd just jump on it and go in a heartbeat. Though that would most probably leave me not wanting to use the MCM4 except for quick runs to the store or smth. 

Also worried if that shiny new shell would get scratched up. But that's EUCs in a nutshell. 

Just go for it and get the new matte replacement shell for the msuper when the time comes. 

Have fun with your new wheel(s) and do report back your results! Have fun and stay safe

Even if I have been on NO EUC in a long time..... And only less than 100 miles on a borrowed ninebot one e+?

By the way, thanks for your help and advice

4 minutes ago, Jose Otal said:

porque no , un consejo es desconectar el tilbak o probar su efecto a bajas velocidades , mi mayor accidente en un ninebot e + fue por el susto al activarse el tilbak , protegelo para los golpes y a disfrutar aunque sea cerca de casa , yo tengo mi Msuper hace 10 dias y lo utilice el tercer dia porque yo estaba un poco enfermo , disfrutalo y comparte con nosotros algun video , felicidades

why not, a tip is to disconnect the tilbak or test its effect at low speeds, my biggest accident in a ninebot e + was with shock when activating the tilbak, protect for hits and enjoy even closer to home, I have my Msuper 10 days ago and use it on the third day because I was a little sick, enjoy it and share with us some video, congratulations, sorry for the translator

I appreciate that. And I understand what you are saying

perhaps it is a sign from God that my MCM 4 is delayed

2 minutes ago, logos122 said:

Ride the msuper first. It will be much easier to ride. Just set the tiltback to a low speed so you won't hurt yourself if you fall off. Wear wrist guards, a helmet and something to cover you ankles (incase the pedals catch you while you're falling)

This all sounds great to me and I appreciate it very much

21 minutes ago, Jose Otal said:

in the configuration of the sensitivity of the pedals, I think it is better to try hard sensiblidad, my first experience in other settings was like climbing a waterbed, must adapt to the feeling of Msuper different from ninebot

thanks for that advice

the Hardest sensitivity makes sense to me.... gives more confidence (in my mind)... i appreciate your help, very much

Just now, Greg Spalding said:

thanks for that advice

the Hardest sensitivity makes sense to me.... gives more confidence (in my mind)... i appreciate your help, very much

But if you have any trouble going up hills, change it from powerful to comfortable, which makes it easier to get your toes down...

47 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

Even if I have been on NO EUC in a long time..... And only less than 100 miles on a borrowed ninebot one e+ ?

It's not the most prudent of advice but so long as you gear up and ride sensibly, I've no reason to advise otherwise. 

Personally I've done about 200km which is about 120+ miles and I hopped on an ACM at an euc showroom to do atest drive. Control and power feels exactly the same as the Ninebot E+ Didn't push it at all so to me they feel exactly the same. Of course the msuper is bigger and heavier and might be slightly different. Do change the setting to powerful mode or madden mode. It feels like you're on a boat otherwise and it's really noticeable even just by pushing with your hands. 

32 minutes ago, YaocH said:

It's not the most prudent of advice but so long as you gear up and ride sensibly, I've no reason to advise otherwise. 

Personally I've done about 200km which is about 120+ miles and I hopped on an ACM at an euc showroom to do atest drive. Control and power feels exactly the same as the Ninebot E+ Didn't push it at all so to me they feel exactly the same. Of course the msuper is bigger and heavier and might be slightly different. Do change the setting to powerful mode or madden mode. It feels like you're on a boat otherwise and it's really noticeable even just by pushing with your hands. 

thank you for this advice as well....

it'll be here in 3 hours.... time to

1.  charge it 

2.  calibrate the balance

3.  suit up and ride

36 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

thank you for this advice as well....

it'll be here in 3 hours.... time to

1.  charge it 

2.  calibrate the balance

3.  suit up and ride

4. most important=have Fun ;-)

You will be ok, the biggest thing that threw me off was the soft pedal setting from the factory and that the smaller balance shifts that would turn the Ninebot didn't turn the Msuper as much.  Your body will quickly adjust and none of the wierdness I felt made me feel like I was ready to fall off.

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

i can't wait

The question was, if you should wait for MCM 4? and start with that wheel?

Please! NEVER!

The MSuper V3 is performing so great....and easy for a 18" wheel...perfect for a "restart" on one wheel!

Just hop on and have fun! ;-)

57 minutes ago, Duf said:

You will be ok, the biggest thing that threw me off was the soft pedal setting from the factory and that the smaller balance shifts that would turn the Ninebot didn't turn the Msuper as much.  Your body will quickly adjust and none of the wierdness I felt made me feel like I was ready to fall off.

I am looking forward to that being true

without any preconceived notions except for my distant past when I borrowed back ninebot one e+ It'll be good to have a fresh slate in my mind when I climb aboard

I bought a 5 gallon drum of spackle from Home Depot for the plastic covering, just in case :D

31 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

The question was, if you should wait for MCM 4? and start with that wheel?

Please! NEVER!

The MSuper V3 is performing so great....and easy for a 18" wheel...perfect for a "restart" on one wheel!

Just hop on and have fun! ;-)

UPS should be here any minute... I'm afraid even go to the bathroom in case I miss the truck :lol:

40 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

UPS should be here any minute... I'm afraid even go to the bathroom in case I miss the truck :lol:

https://www.amazon.ca/DMI-Portable-Wearable-Mens-Urinal/dp/B000FHAMX8

Wait and ride like a pro.  B)  You might need it with the longer riding range.   I wear one all the time so I don't miss any new posts!  :w00t2:  Going to the :pooping:  is for amateurs.   (I'll PM you later on how to deal with #2! B))

EDIT:  Am I the only one who has many uses for the :pooping: smilie?  Com'on!  No one else using it?  I lobbied hard for that one!  :innocent1:

10 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Wait and ride like a pro.  B)  You might need it with the longer riding range.   I wear one all the time so I don't miss any new posts!  :w00t2:  Going to the :pooping:  is for amateurs.   (I'll PM you later on how about how to deal with #2! B))

https://www.amazon.ca/DMI-Portable-Wearable-Mens-Urinal/dp/B000FHAMX8

EDIT:  Am I the only one who has many uses for the :pooping: smilie?  Com'on!  No one else using it?  I lobbied hard for that one!  :innocent1:

they might NOT make one SMALL enough for ME.... :laughbounce2:

Archived