DARE i ride my MSuper BEFORE the MCM 4?

Greg Spalding

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't give you my immediate, pedestrian, naïve impressions, except:

1.  It's very heavy :D

2.  The tire really smells :laughbounce2:... I was obligated to enter that information from my wife who told me I could sleep with the MSuper tonight... Of course,  I told her, "thank you!"  response after that I will  withhold at this time :whistling:

3.  I will just keep charging you while, I suppose.

I am very excited but filled with a healthy amount of fear, and nausea :roflmao:

Thanks to each and everyone of you for your encouragement

5 minutes ago, 16bitSprite said:

So jealous. Mine has been stuck in customs for over a week now. :cry2: . Its really starting to give me the :pooping: 

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love

I'm sorry to hear that. Dion, @myfunwheel got it here very, very quickly

14 minutes ago, 16bitSprite said:

So jealous. Mine has been stuck in customs for over a week now. :cry2: . Its really starting to give me the :pooping: 

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Have no fear, Dr. Hunkahunkaburninglove, MD, PhD, FCFP, PCP, PITA, POOPEM is here.  B)

https://www.dulcolax.com/

35 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

they might NOT make one SMALL enough for ME.... :laughbounce2:

That's odd :rolleyes: mine fits snug all the time.  :whistling:   I'm just happy to be riding and browsing the internet for lingerie models.

6 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

The tire really smells :laughbounce2:..

The tyre smells great !!! It has only just faded for me, a week after delivery.

You are going to have such an excellent time riding that wheel. My first week with it has been smiles all the way :)

6 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Have no fear, Dr. Hunkahunkaburninglove, MD, PhD, FCFP, PCP, PITA, POOPEM is here.  B)

https://www.dulcolax.com/

That's odd :rolleyes: mine fits snug all the time.  :whistling:   I'm just happy to be riding and browsing the internet for lingerie models.

mine is LOOSE... that's why i had to go to med school.... JUST TO GET A DATE :cheers:

6 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

You are going to have such an excellent time riding that wheel. My first week with it has been smiles all the way :)

Juuust as long as you don't start nibbling on the tire I think you'll be fine.  :smartass:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2289526/I-stop-eating-TIRES-Woman-rubber-addiction-consumes-feet-shavings-day-good-job-fiance-works-tire-factory.html

5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

that truly makes me happy... she sure is a heavy little lady which is what makes her so comfortable on the road (and off-road)

5 minutes ago, Donafello said:

I have my new wheel in another room as I read about the tire I could smell mine.  Lol.  It's really is a strong smell but I can tell you the quality of this tire is so much better the my V2

The tire certainly does inspire confidence in being able to ride off a medium height curb and navigate uneven sidewalks that populate my particular part of this little earth. As I was saying to @Marty Backe A moment ago I know that in a month I'm going to be fairly comfortable riding both of my wheels will have to tell you that at this moment that particular accomplishment seems like years away

18 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

I read about filling the tire 1000 times but I never imagined the valve stem was pointed this badly in the wrong direction :P

I have been riding Msuper for a while and I can say 43psi is the perfect pressure in my opinion. It's hard enough to get great speed and soft enough to still take on bumps and curbs

2 minutes ago, Donafello said:

I have been riding Msuper for a while and I can say 43psi is the perfect pressure in my opinion. It's hard enough to get great speed and soft enough to still take on bumps and curbs

I'd love to know exactly what's at the end of your air hose to access that valve stem.

Maybe you could show me a picture, please

thanks, in advance

5 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

I'd love to know exactly what's at the end of your air hose to access that valve stem.

Maybe you could show me a picture, please

thanks, in advance

I'm a service manager at a car dealer so I just use one of the techs air hoses.  I have to bend the tip towards me (don't be nervous about moving it) and then I hold the hoses on it and he presses the button and stops at 45 psi.  Also you can try and get your hands on one of these.  It was giving to me when I bought my 2nd V2.  I've never used it as I just fill up at work but it I ever was to use my pump at home I would deff connect this because without it it would be almost impossible to pump with my pump 

I can't for some reason upload any pictures from my brand new iPhone to the site or I would post a picture of it.  

If you want to pm me your email I'll send it to you that way

Just now, Greg Spalding said:

i have to bend the valve stem significantly JUST TO UNSCREW THE COVER

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 5.47.24 PM.png

Same as mine. But with my technicians air gun it's so small it fits right on there as I bend it.  What I usually do is let a lot of air out so tip is easier to bend.  Pm me your email and I'll show you what you meed

Just now, Donafello said:

Same as mine. But with my technicians air gun it's so small it fits right on there as I bend it.  What I usually do is let a lot of air out so tip is easier to bend.  Pm me your email and I'll show you what you meed

spalding12@gmail.com

thank you so much

I just emailed you.  With that it makes it so much easier cause once on there's not going to be much tension and moving around on the nozzle.  With a pump it's going to bend that nozzle and the more air you put into it the more tension there will be.  This avoids that.  But I do recommend to get yourself a extra inner tube at minimum and a extra tire.  I always buy a extra inner tube

I am heading over to the hardware store to get a right angle adapter

thank you @Donafello

2 minutes ago, Donafello said:

I just emailed you.  With that it makes it so much easier cause once on there's not going to be much tension and moving around on the nozzle.  With a pump it's going to bend that nozzle and the more air you put into it the more tension there will be.  This avoids that.  But I do recommend to get yourself a extra inner tube at minimum and a extra tire.  I always buy a extra inner tube

I appreciate the advice very much

And the email

Heading to the hardware store now

3 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

I am heading over to the hardware store to get a right angle adapter

thank you @Donafello

I appreciate the advice very much

And the email

Heading to the hardware store now

I hope you find one.  It'll make things easier and help to not mess up the valve.  And mine sits exactly like yours on the rim so do t worry about that. 

Also make sure to let out a lot of air to make valve easier to bend to fit on adapter

5 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Enough with the preparations already... I can't take much more if this pain by proxy...

Is it charged yet? 

Are you going for a ride soon? 

it is almost fully charged

it's dark here

the tire is at 43 psi

and i have NO IDEA HOW TO RIDE THIS THING (in my mind).... who can i fly here to help me. LOL

seriously... i'll practice a bit at home and go out in the morning after a lecture i'm giving at 0900 EDT

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

the tire is at 43 psi

Keep it on the lower end of the recommended PSI (20?), when you're first starting out. It'll give the tire slightly more surface area, which will help a lot when first learning. Just don't hit any big bumps when the tire pressure is low because you risk popping the inner tube.

Archived