DARE i ride my MSuper BEFORE the MCM 4?

Greg Spalding

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

Thanks, I think I just happened across the same one. Great to know. I'm buying one tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

Are you using the back / inside nozzle? 

1 minute ago, Greg Spalding said:

one thing, however...... i'm relying on the accuracy of THIS gauge..... because i cannot get any other to be finagled in there..... so, i hope THIS gauge is close to accurate

for $9.99 it probably isn't.... :roflmao:

at least i can EASILY put AIR in.... :rolleyes:

When I get mine tomorrow I'll test its accuracy with another wheel that has good access.

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

When I get mine tomorrow I'll test its accuracy with another wheel that has good access.

that would be helpful. thank you

of course.... for $9.99.... the "unit-to-unit variability" might be.... a bit more than either of us would like to admit.... :mellow:

5 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Dion, @myfunwheel got it here very, very quickly

Ever since Australia got over run by rabbits and cane toads they have been a bit strict on importing things from overseas. Personally I would love to see a country over run with MSupers.

4 hours ago, Donafello said:

I'm a service manager at a car dealer so I just use one of the techs air hoses.  I have to bend the tip towards me (don't be nervous about moving it) and then I hold the hoses on it and he presses the button and stops at 45 psi.  Also you can try and get your hands on one of these.  It was giving to me when I bought my 2nd V2.  I've never used it as I just fill up at work but it I ever was to use my pump at home I would deff connect this because without it it would be almost impossible to pump with my pump 

I can't for some reason upload any pictures from my brand new iPhone to the site or I would post a picture of it.  

If you want to pm me your email I'll send it to you that way

Looks like a worthwhile investment. May need to visit the hardware store asap. 

Ever since Australia got over run by rabbits and cane toads they have been a bit strict on importing things from overseas. Personally I would love to see a country over run with MSupers.

I'm a service manager at a car dealer so I just use one of the techs air hoses.  I have to bend the tip towards me (don't be nervous about moving it) and then I hold the hoses on it and he presses the button and stops at 45 psi.  Also you can try and get your hands on one of these.  It was giving to me when I bought my 2nd V2.  I've never used it as I just fill up at work but it I ever was to use my pump at home I would deff connect this because without it it would be almost impossible to pump with my pump 

I can't for some reason upload any pictures from my brand new iPhone to the site or I would post a picture of it.  

On 11/4/2016 at 6:05 PM, Greg Spalding said:

that would be helpful. thank you

of course.... for $9.99.... the "unit-to-unit variability" might be.... a bit more than either of us would like to admit.... :mellow:

I bought the Harbor Freight one today and it works perfectly. I love the built-in guage and the release value. You can very easily dial the pressure in. And I tested the accuracy and it's spot on. Perfect addition to my air hose collection. Thanks Greg.

1 minute ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So it's been a while now...

Did @Greg Spalding ever ride? 

Did @Greg Spalding ever get to enjoy his new toy? 

Yeah, I'm beginning to get worried - Greg's been way to quiet.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I'm beginning to get worried - Greg's been way to quiet.

i'm alive

scared of the MSuper... the truth

the MCM 4 will be here on MONDAY

i ordered THIS, per @Duf:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/121820207038?rmvSB=true

it'll be here THURSDAY

off beginning next saturday for 5 days.... i'll be on all 3 wheels by that time's end.... i promise

some mental block because of the 45# MSuper... don't want to wreck it

wrapped it all up... still something blocking me from RIDING more than a bit without being bothered by that $1,550.00 price tag. 

that's the truth

apparently < 100 miles on a ninebot one... TOO LONG AGO to be relevant (i've now proven)...  wasn't enough to overcome my fear of $1,500.00+ SMASHED to pieces no matter how much i wrapped it up... just trying to RESPECT my expenditure

sorry to disappoint... 

i guess i'll sit on my "just a poseur" bench in the last row until there is more to report

703 posts... and i'm not even riding... geez.... even I'M embarrassed by THAT !!! :cry2:

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I bought the Harbor Freight one today and it works perfectly. I love the built-in guage and the release value. You can very easily dial the pressure in. And I tested the accuracy and it's spot on. Perfect addition to my air hose collection. Thanks Greg.

spot on accuracy?

that's awesome

thanks for checking that out and i'm glad it worked for yours, too

so.... apparently i can't ride yet.... but, at least i have contributed THIS to the forum.... LOL :crying:

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

apparently < 100 miles on a ninebot one... TOO LONG AGO to be relevant (i've now proven)...  wasn't enough to overcome my fear of $1,500.00+ SMASHED to pieces no matter how much i wrapped it up... just trying to RESPECT my expenditure

Money smuney.... It's going to get a little dinged up sooner or later.  May as well enjoy it!  Just keep it all padded up until you've got your EUC legs back and get rolling!  Go slow and safe until you get the feel of it.  You can always buy replacement shells (nice matte ones like @Cloud likes) in the future if you need to.

How much did all those motorcycles that you rode in the past cost?  It's just money.  You make some, you spend some.  Can't take it with you.  We're waiting for some videos of you riding around.  Grab a selfie-stick and start filming!  :w00t2:

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Money smuney.... It's going to get a little dinged up sooner or later.  May as well enjoy it!  Just keep it all padded up until you've got your EUC legs back and get rolling!  Go slow and safe until you get the feel of it.  You can always buy replacement shells (nice matte ones like @Cloud likes) in the future if you need to.

How much did all those motorcycles that you rode in the past cost?  It's just money.  You make some, you spend some.  Can't take it with you.  We're waiting for some videos of you riding around.  Grab a selfie-stick and start filming!  :w00t2:

i DO get your point... i usually had 2 or 3 bikes in the garage at at only time.... mostly BMWs.... 

not sure what the mental block is on that 45# behemoth wheel... 5 days off in a row beginning next saturday.... 3 wheels in my possession by then. i'll be riding all of them by a week form thursday (my first day back at work) or,

I'LL BE HAVING A WELL-PRICED GARAGE SALE AND RIDE MY MINIPRO INTO THE SEA :clap3:

9 minutes ago, Donafello said:

I think it's going to be a lot easier then you think to ride the Msuper.  I say just get on and go.  You'll be fine.  Especially since you have riding before. 

I agree. While the msuper is doubtless a monster power machine, it actually feels very solid, smooth and comfortable to ride, and it doesn't punish you too much for going slowly. If you have previous wheel experience it will only take around half an hour of riding to become acclimatised to the way the MSuper feels and responds. The only worry I can see is that once you get on your MSV3 you may well not want to ride any other wheel  again ! :)

34 minutes ago, Donafello said:

I think it's going to be a lot easier then you think to ride the Msuper.  I say just get on and go.  You'll be fine.  Especially since you have riding before. 

every time i try to take off it is as if i were my own long-lost twin who has NEVER ridden

"mental blocks" have never been MY thing

i promise to make you proud in the next 10 days :smartass:

28 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I agree. While the msuper is doubtless a monster power machine, it actually feels very solid, smooth and comfortable to ride, and it doesn't punish you too much for going slowly. If you have previous wheel experience it will only take around half an hour of riding to become acclimatised to the way the MSuper feels and responds. The only worry I can see is that once you get on your MSV3 you may well not want to ride any other wheel  again ! :)

i hope i'll still enjoy my new MCM 4, too..... and the folks at the local coffee shop where i like to go won't mind the size of it against their wall.... and will enjoy ALL THE PRETTY LIGHTS... :clap3:

19 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

How's that knee doing @Cloud?   B)  I haven't received the latest medical update on it.   Plus when are those Bluetooth speakers getting reviewed?   :popcorn:

You can update my file now. Knee feels good, as good as new. Yes yes, i know..the speakers...i guess when my msuoer arrives i will try to attach the speakers to it and will post a review with the result.

20 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You can always buy replacement shells (nice matte ones like @Cloud likes)

I think the trend we're seeing of shiny, glossy EUC shells is not practical. Yes, it looks great at the beginning, but every little ding will be obvious. One of the many things I love about my IPS wheels is that their shells are very scratch resistant, and when they do scratch, the matte finish makes the scratches hard to see.

8 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

I think the trend we're seeing of shiny, glossy EUC shells is not practical. Yes, it looks great at the beginning, but every little ding will be obvious. One of the many things I love about my IPS wheels is that their shells are very scratch resistant, and when they do scratch, the matte finish makes the scratches hard to see.

I don't know. I've seen peoples 'rigs' and quite often there are all kinds of appendages (lights, trolleys, bags, etc) stuck on them, plus dirt. Depends what you use them for. Me, I'm riding trails and dirt paths, so scratches and dings just aren't going to bother me.

Archived