V3 84V 2000Wh

Clumsy translation, Please understand.

I'm a local group leader of South Korea.

I expanded battery with my talent.

1600Wh(Notation), 1554Wh(Nominal)

High discharge LG HG2 20S 2P add tuning

Total 1554Wh + 444Wh = 1998Wh(Nominal), 

2000Wh(Notation)

IMG_2839.JPG

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

battery mounting

IMG_2856.JPG

Weight 24.2kg

IMG_2857.JPG

volt gauge

IMG_2859.JPG

Cell Balancing

19 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Nice custom battery upgrade!  :thumbup:

Where did you get the BMS and batteries from?  Did you spot weld the batteries?  How long does it take to charge fully?

BMS AliExpress purchase.

spot wled custom order.

Full charge 15-16h

84v 15A chargers are coming soon.

IMG_2309.JPG

IMG_2308.JPGIMG_2311.JPGIMG_2876.JPG

46 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Wow!  :blink:  24.2 kg is like 53.4 pounds!  I hope you don't ever have to lift that baby up any flights of stairs!  How much did the stock unit weight before your battery modification?  Do you find the braking and acceleration is affected by all the battery packs?

How much did the stock unit weight before your battery modification? 
Approximately 22.1kg/48.72(lb)
Do you find the braking and acceleration is affected by all the battery packs?
Braking and acceleration are not affected. However, there is a very stable power supply at high speeds.

Nice job! To all you guys having second thoughts about the extra weight; don't forget to put it all into perspective. If you had 22.1kg before and 24.2kg after the difference is 9.5% extra. But if you add 75kg body weight we're talking 2.2% extra weight. (I weigh in at 99kg and then the extra 2.1kg would mean 1.7% extra).

So, I wouldn't consider that as even a remote problem.

That is a wonderful battery upgrade

I'm anxious to hear some data from you about your range improvement at 80% speed and 60% speed, etc.

I love the discussion above the weight of the rider versus the weight of the wheel and all those conversations I had for decades about UNSPRUNG WEIGHT when trying to set up one of my motorcycles. The truth is, the best way to improve performance is to lose weight yourself... And I'm talking to me and not you :D.

So many folks around here seemed to be < 70 kg I suppose they can't afford to lose weight at all. If I wanted to be < 70 kg I would have to ride with 709 helium balloons attached to my arms

Just think of the wind resistance from all those balloons! :) And they say that riding with an umbrella is difficult! :) 

It is a whole different ball game for heavier riders at the upper end of the weight limit. It's why I am always impressed by my wheels taking me up the 18° Hill that runs past my place with no run up as I am in the high 90's when fully dressed, 92-93kg stripped but that kind of weight saving may get me in trouble! :) 

1 hour ago, Gimlet said:

Just think of the wind resistance from all those balloons! :) And they say that riding with an umbrella is difficult! :) 

It is a whole different ball game for heavier riders at the upper end of the weight limit. It's why I am always impressed by my wheels taking me up the 18° Hill that runs past my place with no run up as I am in the high 90's when fully dressed, 92-93kg stripped but that kind of weight saving may get me in trouble! :) 

LOVE this post

riding NAKED is something i hope to ALWAYS avoid and ANOTHER reason why DRINKING AND RIDING.... NEVER mix :D

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

LOVE this post

riding NAKED is something i hope to ALWAYS avoid and ANOTHER reason why DRINKING AND RIDING.... NEVER mix :D

Somehow this reminds me of this joke i read recently..a middle aged woman is asked how much she weighs...she says 120kg with glasses. - What about without glasses? - well, she says, i dont know, without glasses i cannot see the scales.

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

LOVE this post

You can always use Boratkini :D:D 

14 hours ago, Gimlet said:

Just think of the wind resistance from all those balloons! :) And they say that riding with an umbrella is difficult! :) 

It is a whole different ball game for heavier riders at the upper end of the weight limit. It's why I am always impressed by my wheels taking me up the 18° Hill that runs past my place with no run up as I am in the high 90's when fully dressed, 92-93kg stripped but that kind of weight saving may get me in trouble! :) 

Thank you for your interest. My body size is 177 cm and 60 kg.

glasses and hats! It's me.

IMG_2864 (1).jpg

IMG_2549.jpg

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Shad0z said:

im thinking of doing something like this with my tesla.. is there an easy way i can extra cells to what i already have?

Now that would be awesome! 

13 hours ago, Shad0z said:

im thinking of doing something like this with my tesla.. is there an easy way i can extra cells to what i already have?

We recommend connecting a secondary battery.

This increases 18-24 miles depending on capacity

I do not have Tesla. will conception and new topic later.

thank you

IMG_3958.thumb.JPG.5105c057d362b98a8d967a83325efccc.JPG

IMG_3961.thumb.JPG.c33fb7c59934b967695549cfa07515f3.JPG

IMG_3975.thumb.JPG.e114faf67856e024145cc47eeb3ab3b5.JPG

Archived