FINALLY I hit 2000 miles!

dpong

Today I finally hit the 2000 mile mark on my Ninebot One E+ with firmware V1.2.2.   I would have hit it sooner, but I bought a mountain bike recently and have been off riding that.  In celebration of the 2000 mile milestone, I accelerated up to max speed and took a screenshot.  

The Kenda tires still look pretty good considering

IMG_7465.jpg

IMG_7470.jpg

She is still in very good shape.  I have performed no maintenance besides inflating the tires, and wiping off the occasional blood. :)

IMG_7466.jpg

1 minute ago, SuperSport said:

Is all that mileage on ONE tire?

Yes.  Original tire.  I have never even cracked this baby open. 

That NB1 E+ still looks to be in pristine condition as well!  2000 miles is about 3220 kms.  You've almost gone 1/10 around the entire planet!  Just another 500 miles to go before you hit that milestone.   How long have you been riding your NB1?  Do you charge up only to 90% with occasional full charges?

9 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

How long have you been riding your NB1?  Do you charge up only to 90% with occasional full charges?

Hunka, I received my NB1 in July 2015.  I always charge to 100%.  I recently ordered an actual unicycle (non-electric version), and am interested to see how difficult that will be for me to ride. 

7 hours ago, dpong said:

I recently ordered an actual unicycle (non-electric version)

I am interested to know whether the sense of balance you gained with the 9B1 will help you with an actual unicycle.

When I was younger and more foolish I gave a conventional unicycle a try - it is soooooOOOooo much harder to ride.  I only had a brief chance to try one out, but without the balancing tech I think it is exponentially harder to ride.  Be sure to video tape your progress!  You did master the pogo stick IIRC so I  wouldn't be surprised if you get going on the unicycle.

5 hours ago, Gil said:

I am interested to know whether the sense of balance you gained with the 9B1 will help you with an actual unicycle.

Me too, Gil.  I am interested to see if the skills go in the other direction: from EUC to Unicycle.  I'm not sure.  There is a point when one is riding a EUC and is starting to launch that one must sort of lurch forwards as if one is falling.  I imagine that the same feeling (of falling) is what is required of a unicycle, and I think I'm right.  At least I will be ahead of the game in that regard.  That to 'embrace the fall' is what is required.  We'll see whether that helps or not. 

2 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I rode Unicycle when I was 13, so going to the EUC took about 5 mins.  36 years in between, but it came right back like riding a bike.  I'm curious if I can still ride a Manual Uni.

I had a unicycle when I was younger, but I never did learn to ride it.  I think today, with youtube and such I would have had a better chance, but whatever, I never rode it.  I am interested to see if the 'skills' go in the other direction.  My balance, currently, is pretty great.  I wonder if that will help.  Will keep you posted. 

On 9/16/2016 at 6:38 AM, dpong said:

I always charge to 100%.

I think the BMS stops charging at less than 4.2 volts to not stress the batteries.  So it is probably not necessary to limit the charge to 90%, @dpong I read that you ride everyday so you charge everyday, right?  That's a good indicator of the high quality of the Ninebot.

8 hours ago, steve454 said:

I think the BMS stops charging at less than 4.2 volts to not stress the batteries.  So it is probably not necessary to limit the charge to 90%, @dpong I read that you ride everyday so you charge everyday, right?  That's a good indicator of the high quality of the Ninebot.

Yes, I was charging every day to 100%.  In fact, I think I read it on this forum that the final stage of charging is when the cells are 'balanced' so it is important to charge to 100%.   Lately I'm not riding as much due to my new mountain biking and non-EUC unicycle adventures, but was riding and charging every day until very recently. 

Speaking of non-EUC unicycle...  It is sort of like starting all over again with the EUC.  But I'm pretty sure I have a leg-up in the balancing department which allows me to do even this well after only 5 days. 

12 minutes ago, dpong said:

Yes, I was charging every day to 100%.  In fact, I think I read it on this forum that the final stage of charging is when the cells are 'balanced' so it is important to charge to 100%.   Lately I'm not riding as much due to my new mountain biking and non-EUC unicycle adventures, but was riding and charging every day until very recently. 

Speaking of non-EUC unicycle...  It is sort of like starting all over again with the EUC.  But I'm pretty sure I have a leg-up in the balancing department which allows me to do even this well after only 5 days. 

But yeah, sadly not the other way around which is your case.

2 hours ago, John Eucist said:

But yeah, sadly not the other way around which is your case.

I remember that video John.  I had a very tough time learning to ride a EUC as my balance was just terrible.  Some folks on a unicycle forum told me that what I'm doing after 5 days it took them a month to accomplish.  Still it is very hard. 

Just yesterday I met a non-EUC unicyclist who lives in my area and he wants to check out the EUC.  It will be interesting to see how quickly (or not) he is able to ride it.  I'll post back about it if there is anything of consequence to report. ;)

Archived