Gotway MSuper V3 Review, transformed to 1160WH!

US69

Just now, KingSong69 said:

ok...this i can not deliver :-)

v2 is one of the few wheels i never tried 

Again: the braking v3 is NOT bad...just not like my KS18....therefore the V3 is accelerating faster, but as it has 300watt more...this is a bit of comparison of apples and eggs :-)

the only -bit- disapointing is the wheelplay...but therefore the performance at all is top notch!!! you also have to see its my 4th wheel, so that i should have the knowledge of being a bit "nitpicky" and pointing out some minor things

Conclusion after 3 days: A wheel like hell performance wise!!

very interested to see GW's attempt on 84 Volts....rockwheel now offering this also?

Actually I think cloud also said the same thing when coming off his king song and then riding a Msuper V2. now that I think about it I think my V2 has a little play as well. when I get my unit I will be sure to do a good right up

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, OliverH said:

As i'm currently in Paris I said hello at Eroue. They had a MSuperV3 in display. Looked very beautiful and the ankle rubber pads were glued in perfectly. Also the demo unit for test rides. I managed not to make a test ride to prevent instantly to buy it ;) I saw some guys riding it with a big big smile in their faces.

This french EUC boutiques are amazing.

I did a first test yesterday at this shop... And yes, I want one too! :) 

It will probably be a 16xxWh MS3 model, as I fear that a 820Wh MS3 have a little less autonomy than my current needs and my current 826Wh MS2.

and it will be a High Torque model, if available !

3 hours ago, sbouju said:

I did a first test yesterday at this shop... And yes, I want one too! :) 

It will probably be a 16xxWh MS3 model, as I fear that a 820Wh MS3 have a little less autonomy than my current needs and my current 826Wh MS2.

and it will be a High Torque model, if available !

I was yesterday there. Did we see each other? I was there in the afternoon/ evening with my old MS2 887 Wh.

22 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

it's just that where i live (as in most places) there is no repair center, etc

You are in Florida...if you get KS16 or Inmotion V8 from Jason, as much as I know he is somewhere there in FL too. And his reliable service is proven by many forum members including me.

6 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Again: the braking v3 is NOT bad...just not like my KS18....therefore the V3 is accelerating faster, but as it has 300watt more...this is a bit of comparison of apples and eggs :-)

What is actually the KS18 and GW V3 power rate, nominal/peak?

Sorry, if it's written already somewhere, my short research did not find it.

38 minutes ago, DS said:

You are in Florida...if you get KS16 or Inmotion V8 from Jason, as much as I know he is somewhere there in FL too. And his reliable service is proven by many forum members including me.

i have already spoken with him.

there is no question that he's the guy i'd deal with directly.

i just wish i could STAND on both to see which one "fit" me better... which is ridiculous, i know, because i'd adapt to either one, i'm sure

i appreciate your thoughts about that, as well. thank you

10 hours ago, OliverH said:

I was yesterday there. Did we see each other? I was there in the afternoon/ evening with my old MS2 887 Wh.

I was in the Guillaume shop (or out, while testing the MS3...!) this wednesday between 14H and 15H.

Hi guys, 

I as well received my Msuper 3 yesterday and protected it before the first ride. 

I already did about 45 km/h but as with mobile phone in Hand it is quite hard to do a Screenshot as well. Haha 

I felt the msuper as quite hard weel in the correct setting. But I needed to send the setting about 10 times until it works in the hardest mode. Maybe you try as well like I did to Switch back to chinese language and to type at the right positons some times. 

The same I did with tilt back to I guess 46 or 48.

I did not feel anything Bad on the paddles and also not that the weel has some play. 

Only thing to complain about is the Trolley handle and the missing Musik. I rided through Rain and mud and due to my protection I guess I just get wet from the front. And I had a nice Peeling in my face. Hahaha. 

When accelerating too much, the weel is very shaky. But this just might be my experience of just one day on the msuper. 

Compared to ks 16 the Power is amazing. Ks 16 feels at the first Moment still more comfortable because it is not so big. But the msv3 is more agile. Standing things are easier. Breaking is as well super on the msuper. Kingsong is slower and sometimes if Breaking too fast, shaking too much, one time as well switches off. 

Im as well 85 kg. 

Msuper with Trolley and Musik from ks would ne the ultimative solution. 

Regards from Moskau! 

IMG-20160915-WA0013.jpeg

17 hours ago, DS said:

What is actually the KS18 and GW V3 power rate, nominal/peak?

Sorry, if it's written already somewhere, my short research did not find it.

kS18 1200w /3000(sometimes mentioned with 3500w)

V3 1500w /3000watt

@Eman thanx for joining :-)

nope, the mode setting works on mine, as the middlest is even softer!

but, as always mentioned before, as this is now my 4th (good) wheel, and ridden about 8-9...

i am a little nitpicky...shure the madden mode is not soft...but even not as hard as kS18 or mcm2s.

i (for my part) would advise not to go over 40 kmh :-) with 45 (or even 40) and a little bigger bump in the road you will go over the max power needed and faceplant...but everbody his own responsive!

59 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

@Eman thanx for joining :-)

nope, the mode setting works on mine, as the middlest is even softer!

but, as always mentioned before, as this is now my 4th (good) wheel, and ridden about 8-9...

i am a little nitpicky...shure the madden mode is not soft...but even not as hard as kS18 or mcm2s.

i (for my part) would advise not to go over 40 kmh :-) with 45 (or even 40) and a little bigger bump in the road you will go over the max power needed and faceplant...but everbody his own responsive!

I to had a bit adjustment coming from the 9bot e+ that always was in ride mode 1

But after a while I appreciate the bit softer feel of powerful mode on my v3. Especially when riding rough terrain.

Take care in high speed and protect yourself for the speed and terrain. 

It's not only going over max power, you could loose control after a bump, dog running towards you, kids, cars etc......

Ok, continuing in reviewing the V3:

i can say one is truly clear for me:

this will be for sure one of the last wheels i bought! Why?

I can and have done now some longer trips with continuosly riding at about 35-38kmh ....41kmh max until now...

the V3 (from what the lift speed tells me), is able to hold that high speed over nearly the complete batterie range( under 25-30% i will not test, lol). The KS18 1200w in its newest firmware 1.22 is restricted to 30kmh when under 40-50%batterie!

BUT:

Driving that fast...does (for me) not feel save enough!!! for me the best and highest cruising speed is about 27-33 kmh! And not faster! as i have crashed early that year with about 33kmh i now what i am talking anout and gained some respect to this speeds!

And really, i do not want to drive with full motorcycle gear, full motor bike helmet, leather pants and so on and so on....its ridiculous as long you are not driving like EUC extreme.....

sure, i have wrist, knee, elbow guards and a bike helmet...but thats enough!

so for me the "manufacter speed race" is finished from now on!i am still missing in the v3 stability, music, good lights and that kind of things!

And because around 30kmh is the best (and safest fast) cruising speed i am now more happy with ks18 and v3....no need for more! Also there is one more thing: driving with over 30kmh....batterie will not last long...Another: as you need  a lot meters for breaking on those speeds, you have to drive with a lot foresight...

so i definitly say i will not jump on a 50-60kmh wheel in future, but sure everyone has to make this experience/decision on its own!

my next steps now are building a dust/water fender...the V3 and my trousers/shoes are getting soooo dirty....fender is really needed! i keep you updated :-)

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

I can and have done now some longer trips with continuosly riding at about 35-38kmh ....41kmh max until now...

the V3 (from what the lift speed tells me), is able to hold that high speed over nearly the complete batterie range( under 25-30% i will not test, lol). The KS18 1200w in its newest firmware 1.22 is restricted to 30kmh when under 40-50%batterie!

BUT:

Driving that fast...does (for me) not feel save enough!!! for me the best and highest cruising speed is about 27-33 kmh! And not faster! as i have crashed early that year with about 33kmh i now what i am talking anout and gained some respect to this speeds!

And really, i do not want to drive with full motorcycle gear, full motor bike helmet, leather pants and so on and so on....its ridiculous as long you are not driving like EUC extreme.....

so for me the "manufacter speed race" is finished from now on!i am still missing in the v3 stability, music, good lights and that kind of things!

And because around 30kmh is the best (and safest fast) cruising speed i am now more happy with ks18 and v3....no need for more! Also there is one more thing: driving with over 30kmh....batterie will not last long...Another: as you need  a lot meters for breaking on those speeds, you have to drive with a lot foresight...

so i definitly say i will not jump on a 50-60kmh wheel in future, but sure everyone has to make this experience/decision on its own!

my next steps now are building a dust/water fender...the V3 and my trousers/shoes are getting soooo dirty....fender is really needed! i keep you updated :-)

Thanks for the update let me know how you get on with the fender I also need to make or adapt one of those haha 

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

BUT:

great review

appreciate the time it took to tell us all of that

i hope that you will come up with the perfect fender and share your plans here

i have no idea why GOTWAY doesn't offer one, quite frankly

i know the "STYLE" of wheel they like to make (and i like that style) but dirtying every single pair of pants/socks/shoes means that using the V3 for commuting to work in BUSINESS ATTIRE makes no sense.

51 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

great review

appreciate the time it took to tell us all of that

i hope that you will come up with the perfect fender and share your plans here

i have no idea why GOTWAY doesn't offer one, quite frankly

i know the "STYLE" of wheel they like to make (and i like that style) but dirtying every single pair of pants/socks/shoes means that using the V3 for commuting to work in BUSINESS ATTIRE makes no sense.

Yip! i am also commuting to my office at work...so no chance in getting dirty there :-)

i will try something like i have done with my KS18...from a big peace of rubber or....we will see ;-) i keep you updated...as long here is apicture of my Ks18:

ReYCjml.jpg

On 9/18/2016 at 10:52 AM, KingSong69 said:

Yip! i am also commuting to my office at work...so no chance in getting dirty there :-)

i will try something like i have done with my KS18...from a big peace of rubber or....we will see ;-) i keep you updated...as long here is apicture of my Ks18:

ReYCjml.jpg

That looks great

Looks like it fits right on and fits right in

When you develop the right one for your new wheel I think you should sell them

On 9/18/2016 at 4:13 AM, KingSong69 said:

BUT:

I too have been riding a new Msuper V3 (820wh) for about 2 weeks now and I love it except for one problem--difficult uphill acceleration. Have you noticed the same problem?
While my Ninebot One E+ responds instantly to slight leans forward and pressing toes down on the same roads, the V3 feels like it's fighting back (going about 3kmh typically) if going up any incline (I weigh 100kg).
When I've fully stopped or just going slow and want to accelerate up any minor incline, I have to squeeze the top cushions of the wheel with my (knees/calves) and force it to lean forward with me to get some power acceleration (up to 8-16kmh). Just stepping/leaning forward won't do much. Perhaps I need to recalibrate the wheel, but it otherwise seems ok just standing on it (FYI: about 300km commuting so far on Ninebot 1 E+ and about 80km on the V3 so far). Flat and slight declines are easy to get up to 30-32kmh quickly before second beep kicks in.

If anyone else has some suggestions--please jump in!

1 hour ago, WheelRunner said:

I too have been riding a new Msuper V3 (820wh) for about 2 weeks now and I love it except for one problem--difficult uphill acceleration. Have you noticed the same problem?
While my Ninebot One E+ responds instantly to slight leans forward and pressing toes down on the same roads, the V3 feels like it's fighting back (going about 3kmh typically) if going up any incline (I weigh 100kg).
When I've fully stopped or just going slow and want to accelerate up any minor incline, I have to squeeze the top cushions of the wheel with my (knees/calves) and force it to lean forward with me to get some power acceleration (up to 8-16kmh). Just stepping/leaning forward won't do much. Perhaps I need to recalibrate the wheel, but it otherwise seems ok just standing on it (FYI: about 300km commuting so far on Ninebot 1 E+ and about 80km on the V3 so far). Flat and slight declines are easy to get up to 30-32kmh quickly before second beep kicks in.

If anyone else has some suggestions--please jump in!

Update: I've recalibrated the V3 and will report back after I've had chance to exercise it on my commute. If this seems to be going in the right direction, I might be tempted to recalibrate the pedals with -1 or even -2 degrees tiltback to see if it makes it a bit faster off the line with normal effort.

I rode about 13 kilometers today with the pedals calibrated to 0 degrees. The wheel definitely felt better, but it still felt like inclined roads took more effort than they should. So I've now set the pedal angle to -1 degree (tilt-back) to see if that helps. While doing that, I noticed when powered on the play in the wheel equates to 1 degree. So with the current setup, the forward lean edge (where I start to feel resistance) is -1 degree and the back edge of play is -2 degrees measured at the pedals.

1 hour ago, WheelRunner said:

I rode about 13 kilometers today with the pedals calibrated to 0 degrees. The wheel definitely felt better, but it still felt like inclined roads took more effort than they should. So I've now set the pedal angle to -1 degree (tilt-back) to see if that helps. While doing that, I noticed when powered on the play in the wheel equates to 1 degree. So with the current setup, the forward lean edge (where I start to feel resistance) is -1 degree and the back edge of play is -2 degrees measured at the pedals.

Hmmh....Sorry, i have not experienced such "incline Problems"....On the contrary i just found it as easy as on straight roads, and i am also 100kg.

Experiences are going on :-)

Until now, i really enjoy riding the V3!

my next steps will be to try to get away the soft rubber pads and exchange them with the standard baby protection foam!

yeah, this rubber pads are very soft, but the edge is pressing against the calves very bad and until today this sometimes hurts...

And i am experienced enough, that i normally do not need to contact with my calves the shell...but this V3 is wider than to thought of the first look!

Overnext step on long sight, longer project: Exchanging the batteries against Li-po...trying to get a powersource that has no problems with the Amps needed by the board/wheel!

i think especially on this wheel this would help to get more out the batteries, as these li-ion now loose a lot of watthours because of the batterie sag....

But like said....long time project :-)

i am very happy with the v3...in the moment it is my daily power commuter....i can see only two disadvantages:

a little unstable ride(but more agile then Ks18) and

a hefty watthour usage/need!

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Experiences are going on :-)

Overnext step on long sight, longer project: Exchanging the batteries against Li-po...trying to get a powersource that has no problems with the Amps needed by the board/wheel!

i think especially on this wheel this would help to get more out the batteries, as these li-ion now loose a lot of watthours because of the batterie sag....

But like said....long time project :-)

i am very happy with the v3...in the moment it is my daily power commuter....i can see only two disadvantages:

a little unstable ride(but more agile then Ks18) and

a hefty watthour usage/need!

very much want to follow along with the battery situation and hear all about how it unfolds

please

thanks for the update... it is much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

And the Show goes on..... B)

I now have done some exact range test's during my commutes to work....I always did some 20km rides with complete full Batterie and after the ride checked with the Charge Doctor how much Watthours i can pump into the Batterie until it is full again.

For those 20km rides i always needed 320wh to 360 wh....which means that for 1km i Need about 16-18wh! Average 17wh!

All those rides have been under "normal" conditions, no cold weather, mostly straight, no superhefty hills, but some normal hills, riding in average about 25-27kmh, with heights of 35kmh racing!

Looking at These numbers you also have to take into account that i am a very heavy guy, pure 100kg, with backpack, clothes and things needed for work a am more near 105-108kg!

For me this means with my 820wh version i will get at least 35km, or even 40km, before running into the 20% restriction of the Batterie!

I find this absolutly Ok and it is what i exspected as my 1200W KS18 also consumes a bit more than the 800Watt KS14/16!

You never ever should believe the manufacters Marketing speech of 1km-10wh....Thats just possible under clinical conditions with a 35kg child :rolleyes:

As experience grows on this wheel, the most new impressive Feature/progression Gotway made with this MSuper V3 (for me)  is the fact, that the announced max Speed is working/functioning over the complete Batterie range!!! I have driven near max Speed on 25% Batterie..... the "lift off cut off Speed test" also seams to prove this experience, as this cut-off Speed is about 52-54kmh over the complete Batterie range!

Most wheels i know (also Gotway before ACM/V3) can not keep their advertised highspeed over the the complete Batterie range, Kingsong is a very good example here!

KS is doing a lot for safety, and as i agree to their restriction of the KS16/18 to bring down max Speed when Batterie under 50%.....they just have to do that, because their wheels loose highspeed with Batterie going down, so they have to restrict them! (Also proved by lower "lift cut off" tests on lower batterie)

:D Kudos for this behaviour-Gotway!!! This gives me much more trust in the wheel on low Batterie situations! :D

A Little  dislike (beside some minor Quality nit-pickings mentioned before) is the fact, that this high power wheel causes a good amount of Batterie sag...

So it can happen...that on hefty steep hills with a hefty amount of power needed...you even can get into the 5-20% Batterie restrictions(beeping-warning etc), when you are still having a no load 30-35% Batterie ....This behaviour for sure is something which is on all wheels generally the same, i just have the "Feeling" the sag is a bit bigger on the V3.

As the V3 App just Displays Batterie in 10% steps and not smaller...i could also be wrong and just been spoiled by the 1%steps of my KS18...

So not such a big deal at all!!! As i also intend -on longterm Project- to Change the Batterie to nearly "no sag" Li-Po's...this Little disadvantage will be eradicated :-)

Archived