Gotway MSuper V3 Review, transformed to 1160WH!

US69

New arrival :-)

batterie cover:

EoC0tQh.jpg

Plans:

First put one of the 2 exisiting flat 16s2p pack from the v3 on the other side of the wheel....and fill the gap with one (or two) of my 340wh "not flat" packs of the Ks14.....just to try a 16s6p or 16s8p combo on the wheel :-)

Also i will measure what place i have now..to get some Li-po packs which fit nicely....to get rid of the batterie sag....

But thats long term plan...as money is...as always...not available ilike i would like to!

Allready got raised eyebrows by my wife/girlfriend, so time to go slowly :-)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

First put one of the 2 exisiting flat 16s2p pack from the v3 on the other side of the wheel.

Can that be done? If so, I'll do the same way because a pair of thick covers(for 1640Wh) is on the way for me.

The 340Wh battery of Gotway V2, on the other hand, is arranged in a tangent way so that it can be fitted to the case anyway.
P1070285s2.jpg

its hard for me to explain...as. english is not my best language....

in the moment i have one of each packet on each side with following cell config:

On one side:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

16 cells each row..in 2 rows...

i want to move one of these packs on the other side..so that i have this config on one side:

32 cells each row...2 rows....so the 2 packs put together above

then i want to use my 2 x 340wh packs of Ks14 for the other side....in this config:

22222222  22222222

22222222  22222222

so 2 packs like in your photo...side by side ....

sorry ...can not explain it better :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...Ggggrrrrrr!

i have planned to put the both packs of the 820wh V3 on one side...after receiving the new white (1640wh) side plates/batteriecovers...

But: that wont fit...as each of this 2 packs has its own BMS and gotway has designed the "wider" side plate in a way that extra space is not double as big as on the 820wh...its just a little bit more!

so you are not able to fit 2packs with 2 Bms on one side....i guess even a 820wh pack with only 1 BmS will be a hard fit!

i got no clue how they put the 84volt batterie with 4 cells more on each parallel pack in it...they have to use the space beside the pedals!

i will not give up...if there is no other way i will make the new white side plates a little wider, if i have no other idea...

i get you updated....

And ....whats also curious:

the 2 packs of 410wh in my v3 are connected by a 3rd wire pair!

they have a

charging pair cable

de-charging pair cable

and this 3rd one, which looks to me like a balancing between the 2 x 410wh packs...

i have seen some batterie configs nowadays...normal pack, parallel packs, cascaded packs like in the KS18....(where 2 x 340wh packs "charge" a 680wh big block-alltogether 1360wh)

but i never seen a config, where there is a extra connection for balancing packs-if i guess thats what the 3rd pair is for is right!

11 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

and this 3rd one, which looks to me like a balancing between the 2 x 410wh packs...

That IMHO is for synchronization. If one BMS is protected(disconnected from charging) owning to(say) over voltage, the other may not be cut at the same time without this 3rd wire. 

i got no clue how they put the 84volt batterie with 4 cells more on each parallel pack in it.

No, there is only 60 cells in each pack for 84V/1600Wh version, not 64 cells in each pack for 1640Wh version, therefore it is 4 cells less.

i will not give up...

I won't. I got those wider cover as well, I'll try to open the heat-shrink and add a layer of 32 cells.

29 minutes ago, zlymex said:

I won't. I got those wider cover as well, I'll try to open the heat-shrink and add a layer of 32 cells.

Unfortunately I am not that experienced in soldering...

also i think you have to undo both packs completely...as in the middle of each packs is a "rim" , which did not let me put the 2 packs together for saving space..

@zlymex

perhaps you also can help me on another question:

i want to add a 340wh pack to my 820wh V3...

now i am thinking how to do it:

- making it "true" parallel

- or by plugging the 340wh pack parallel on the the both 410wh de-charging port....and let the charge port go only  into the 340wh pack

this is how it was on my 680 ks14....the charge port goes into one 340wh pack...and this pack charges the other 340wh pack, which goes to the board...

20 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

@zlymex

perhaps you also can help me on another question:

i want to add a 340wh pack to my 820wh V3...

now i am thinking how to do it:

- making it "true" parallel

- or by plugging the 340wh pack parallel on the the both 410wh de-charging port....and let the charge port go only  into the 340wh pack

this is how it was on my 680 ks14....the charge port goes into one 340wh pack...and this pack charges the other 340wh pack, which goes to the board...

Both will work but all have disadvantages.
For "true" parallel, there will be no syncro-wire, even the charge wire is paralleled.
For the second one, the BMSs of those original batteries will be by-passed

I recommend the 3rd way, connect the discharge port of the 340Wh to the charge input of the original batteries, and connect the charge socket of the wheel to the charge port of the 340Wh. This I think is how KingSong connect.

6 minutes ago, zlymex said:

I recommend the 3rd way, connect the discharge port of the 340Wh to the charge input of the original batteries, and connect the charge socket of the wheel to the charge port of the 340Wh. This I think is how KingSong connect.

That's exactly what i mean with my 2nd(and 3rd) way :-) but i wrote "de-charging" instead of "charging" port on the 2nd way :-)

Yeah thats how i will do it then....

Charging port of V3 goes to 340wh pack charging wire.....the discharge of the 340wh pack then goes parallel to both charging ports of the 2 x 410wh packs!

Thats also nice as i nearly need no new Connections or y-kabels :-)

Thanx for your help....first i wanted to make a normal parallel Connection, but i was unsure because of

- the syncro-wires

- and also the different "mah/wh" of the 340wh pack (which would be no prob in the end, i guess)

But to do it the KS way, seams better here i guess....

so like i said: Never give up hope!

just fortunatly i have been called by Chris from 1radwerkstatt! For those who dont know: Kingsong exclusiv seller in Germany, producing his own batterie custom packs, one of the guys which has the most knowledge in batteries, boards and all kind of EUCs.

And you bet, i take the chance and asked if he will make one big 820wh pack from my 2x410wh flatpacks and also eliminating one of the BMS boards, so that the new big pack will fit into the wider V3!

And yeah....he will do...and that for -in my view- just a very small amount of dollars :-)

So i will be able to do like i want, without cutting the frame/shell....

to be updated :-)

Ok, The transformation is Done!

My V3 is now a 1160wh Version...still 67,2 Volt.. directly did the mud flap, also....here some Fotos:

the 820wh side:

MkgH1dV.jpg

the 340wh side....foto in progres...i filled the spaces up with some package material from foam:

cqDucvo.jpg

Now with wide sides with own foam:

iih6jEk.jpg

other view:

mYm752g.jpg

mud flap:

UITfio4.jpg

My two white beauties:

mpqjJUu.jpg

For now, work done!

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Ok, The transformation is Done!

My V3 is now a 1160wh Version...still 67,2 Volt.. directly did the mud flap, also....here some Fotos:

the 820wh side:

MkgH1dV.jpg

the 340wh side....foto in progres...i filled the spaces up with some package material from foam:

cqDucvo.jpg

Now with wide sides with own foam:

iih6jEk.jpg

other view:

mYm752g.jpg

mud flap:

UITfio4.jpg

My two white beauties:

mpqjJUu.jpg

For now, work done!

How are the black side pads on the covers held on?

5 hours ago, Donafello said:

Also it looks like on the left side you can fit another smal pack if you wanted?

sure, just a question of the money needed :-)

its double tape that holds the black foam...

10 minutes ago, zlymex said:

Nice job!

I got the pair of thick covers as well but I don't like the color so I painted black.

I plan to expand one side(the right side) only from 16s2p to 16s4p.

i have done the left side now 16s4p....the right is still 16s2p :-)

You really have to be very precise with bringing the 2p to a 4p....It is a very, very tight fit!

Even with the professional done pack, i was not able to put the original used foampads for protecting the PCBs on the BMS inside...

i have to do it with a thiner foam...

Problems are the curved left and right side....seams as they created it, they already had the 84V in mind, which has 4 cells less, 60 instead of 64!

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

You really have to be very precise with bringing the 2p to a 4p....It is a very, very tight fit!

Even with the professional done pack, i was not able to put the original used foampads for protecting the PCBs on the BMS inside...

Problems are the curved left and right side....seams as they created it, they already had the 84V in mind, which has 4 cells less, 60 instead of 64!

So my 1640wh has 64 individual 18650 cells?

19 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

For now, work done!

Aaaah, i have to correct myself...

I am cutting out some of the Plastic under one's side pedal!

It is such a PITA do get to the valve, i have to bend the valve and fear of braking the seal on it's side from bending...

Stupid design, would have been such a easy way to have left more space!

4 minutes ago, Donafello said:

So my 1640wh has 64 individual 18650 cells?

On each side 64! Yeah

16s4p on each side...

9 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Thanks, I bear that in mind.

5 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Aaaah, i have to correct myself...

I am cutting out some of the Plastic under one's side pedal!

It is such a PITA do get to the valve, i have to bend the valve and fear of braking the seal on it's side from bending...

Stupid design, would have been such a easy way to have left more space!

On each side 64! Yeah

16s4p on each side...

So I have 128 total cells to equal the 1640wh? Thanks for the info

Just now, Donafello said:

So I have 128 total cells to equal the 1640wh? Thanks for the info

Exactly!

The 1600wh is 20S3p = 60 cells on each side....(in reality only 1554wh, not 1600 :-))

Archived