Jump to content

Gotway MSuper V3 Review, transformed to 1160WH!


US69
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thanks for writing this up interesting read! I also got my musper v3 today from the same seller as you but havnt yet had chance to ride it. I agree 100% that the app is terrible im on ios too. I actually came here looking for an unofficial alternative. It doesnt look like the current app even saves data like distanced traveled etc. If you manage to find something better let me know and i will do the same

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This wheel is certainly on my radar to buy soon

the lack of perceived quality control scares me living in the US, for obvious reasons

i should just get over that feeling, i suppose

at 85 kg i need a wheel like this

i appreciate KingSong69's review above i hope that vdubers will do the same very soon

congrats to both of you and please report back often. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great review. I have this wheel myself, and I agree on most of this. My pedals rattles too, I guess it is just how it is. It does not rattle when riding, only when letting the pedals down. Quality seems good - but not as good as Ninebot One E plus, which is my only other reference wheel. Power is great, and handling is also great - but it took some time for me to get used to the massive feeling of this wheel. 

Speedyfeet has a video review on youtube, I watched this yesterday. A long but very good review where he points out things he finds out as he go. I noticed that terrible IOS app, and he commented it as well. I am using android, and the app I found at keybe.com was not good either. I got hold of a newer one later (from Linnea, Gotway), and that app works a lot better. My speed and battery meter does not jump up and down - but it did not on the first version either. But, same thing with selecting different things - you can not see what you have selected - only get a "send success" message, after selecting. So - far from great - but it works ok. :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

small update after first commute :-)

wheel after 5 km on gravel...my trousers look the same...definitly need to do a water/dust fender like on my ks18:

 

GYdaYD1.jpg

here my wheel family:

oCZCuxD.jpg

 

Updates on the review:

trolley:

this one is def. to short!!! also its more on the low quality size! no button for the half and full out...very flimsy! not to compare with KS16 integrated trolley...but much better than none :-)

Fender:

I have to install one, thats for sure! from behind everything goes onto clothes and wheel....but thats the design!

 

my first commute: Powerful wheel, like it a lot! Mix of powerful18 with 16 agility...

speed: been on about 34 kmh....the app sucks....today have been here 30degree C....the wheel got up to 48degree, hot? i dont know, lets see when its colder!

 

to the rattling: no, its does not while wheeling!

but i have some "gnarcs" from the wheel from the plastic and my weight, but after some km they where gone...

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

<snip>

App:

I am using the IOS app. Some have said the IOS app is much better than Android......Really???

Then i am asking myself how a app can be more worse than this IOS app :-) The Speed Display, the temperature, the Batterie...jumping on/off like crazy.....If you choose tiltback Setting or Alarm on/off Setting or drive mode....you can only guess on which mode/Setting you are in the moment! There are no hooks or marks showing you that.....

<snip>

My primary app is the Android version (for my phone). But I have an iTouch, so I can use the IOS app too.   The Android version has the same limitations as the IOS app, as you've pointed out, but it looks much worse.

So yeah, it's possible to have a worse app than the IOS version.

Gotway really has to put some more effort into their app and not have various versions floating around there. It's like you need to hunt around for the 'good' version of the app. Lame.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, DS said:

Where is your KS16?

Good reviews by the way...GotWay69 :D:P

it never made it to Germany :-( because of the restrictions... 

but as the Thai Guys sold it for an reasonable (asian) price for me....i had a nice wheel for my holidays for small money...and a never beaten experience of meeting  a nice wheeler group!

 

oh...have to change my signature ;-)

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

another Small riding/performance upgrade day 2:

while this wheel has unbelievable power for accelaration, in braking it is a little bit lacking!

Here we are again with the KS18 comparison: the KS18 seams to have the more hightorque windings and so better braking...but not as much power as the V3...so not so fast accelaration!

While this is all "guessing" i could not describe it better....both wheels feel different torquewise....if i did not know it better, i would say, its a different gear set

Edited by KingSong69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hopefully, there will be a HIGH-TORQUE version at some point to address this poor braking (relatively speaking) issue

because traveling > 30 kph is quite dangerous begin able to harness all this new power for torque more than speed would sell many more units i suppose

riding around at 30+ kph with LESS braking doesn't sound very appealing to me, at all

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

hopefully, there will be a HIGH-TORQUE version at some point to address this poor braking (relatively speaking) issue

because traveling > 30 kph is quite dangerous begin able to harness all this new power for torque more than speed would sell many more units i suppose

riding around at 30+ kph with LESS braking doesn't sound very appealing to me, at all

i do not think they will sell a HT version...why? i believe the only wanted versions of v2 have been middle and high speed...

And as far as i know all these motors/windings are  done by hand-manmade...at least the KS are! so there has to be a certain amount of pre-orders or safe sells before gotway will do this....seams in the moment they are going for a 84 volt version, with even more speed...as that is what the most people want...but we will see

 

btw.: i did not say the braking is bad in any ways...its just less than on the Ks18

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KingSong69 said:

i do not think they will sell a HT version...why? i believe the only wanted versions of v2 have been middle and high speed...

And as far as i know all these motors/windings are  done by hand-manmade...at least the KS are! so there has to be a certain amount of pre-orders or safe sells before gotway will do this....seams in the moment they are going for a 84 volt version, with even more speed...as that is what the most people want...but we will see

 

btw.: i did not say the braking is bad in any ways...its just less than on the Ks18

i appreciate your thoughts and that clarification on the braking

for me..... it's the KS-16 or the Inmotion V8

down to those 2

need to decide ASAP

can't go wrong with either, i suppose but that bigger battery on the KS makes me happy

of course, the V8 is the "latest and greatest" to many, i suppose

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

i appreciate your thoughts and that clarification on the braking

for me..... it's the KS-16 or the Inmotion V8

down to those 2

need to decide ASAP

can't go wrong with either, i suppose but that bigger battery on the KS makes me happy

of course, the V8 is the "latest and greatest" to many, i suppose

i would go for the Ks16...great wheel!

v8 has -for me- not enough batterie! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As i'm currently in Paris I said hello at Eroue. They had a MSuperV3 in display. Looked very beautiful and the ankle rubber pads were glued in perfectly. Also the demo unit for test rides. I managed not to make a test ride to prevent instantly to buy it ;) I saw some guys riding it with a big big smile in their faces.

This french EUC boutiques are amazing.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

i appreciate your thoughts and that clarification on the braking

for me..... it's the KS-16 or the Inmotion V8

down to those 2

need to decide ASAP

can't go wrong with either, i suppose but that bigger battery on the KS makes me happy

of course, the V8 is the "latest and greatest" to many, i suppose

Gotway ACM? Much more power, better way how it brings the performance to the street (the kind of sensitivty). If you've the chance ride a KS16 against an ACM. The good thing on the KS16 is the handle bar. I can give you a more KS16 vs. ACM report if I'm at home again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

i would go for the Ks16...great wheel!

v8 has -for me- not enough batterie! 

that's exactly what I thought

thank you

44 minutes ago, OliverH said:

This french EUC boutiques are amazing.

how i wish we had such places in the US

that would be amazing and would help so much getting more more americans to join the EUC Community

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Gotway ACM? Much more power, better way how it brings the performance to the street (the kind of sensitivty). If you've the chance ride a KS16 against an ACM. The good thing on the KS16 is the handle bar. I can give you a more KS16 vs. ACM report if I'm at home again.

i would love to hear your report on that comparison

so many feel the ACM is still a "work in progress" to make it a viable alternative to the KS16

i know i would be happy with any that would have enough power to carry my 85kg frame

it's just that where i live (as in most places) there is no repair center, etc

reliability is of my utmost concern so that my wheel will be in my possession and not have to travel back somewhere to be fixed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

i would love to hear your report on that comparison

so many feel the ACM is still a "work in progress" to make it a viable alternative to the KS16

i know i would be happy with any that would have enough power to carry my 85kg frame

it's just that where i live (as in most places) there is no repair center, etc

reliability is of my utmost concern so that my wheel will be in my possession and not have to travel back somewhere to be fixed

i can not report for the ACM...but as i know the V3 has the same motor aand same board as the ACM...

i also owned a KS16 for about 4 weeks!

i am 100kg and the Ks16, 18 and v3 are ALL good for heavier riders!

the main and only! thing the KS16 is lacking...is max speed in comparison to the V3/ACM...which by the way is 30kmh and i would never recommend to go higher at all!

ALL other things, like ridequality, buildquality, accesoires on the wheel like trolleys, lights, apps.etc etc -> Gotway is definitly the looser! Also i can not confirm Oliver, that the KS16 has the bader/unsmoother ride..especially not since fw 1.22 on the KS....i for myself see it more otherwise....my V3 has one problem, that is also confirmed by speedyfeet and also mentioned by a lot ACM riders:  A play in the wheeL/motor that lets u feel like the ride mode is soft...it is not so soft at all, but the motor has a play of 1-2 cm when balancing on the point...you feel that when pushing it by hand and  unfortunatly you feel that also when riding....

a experienced rider gets used to that, but that has to be mentioned!

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

i can not report for the ACM...but as i know the V3 has the same motor aand same board as the ACM...

i also owned a KS16 for about 4 weeks!

i am 100kg and the Ks16, 18 and v3 are ALL good for heavier riders!

the main and only! thing the KS16 is lacking...is max speed in comparison to the V3/ACM...which by the way is 30kmh and i would never recommend to go higher at all!

ALL other things, like ridequality, buildquality, accesoires on the wheel like trolleys, lights, apps.etc etc -> Gotway is definitly the looser! Also i can not confirm Oliver, that the KS16 has the bader/unsmoother ride..especially not since fw 1.22 on the KS....i for myself see it more otherwise....my V3 has one problem, that is also confirmed by speedyfeet and also mentioned by a lot ACM riders:  A play in the wheeL/motor that lets u feel like the ride mode is soft...it is not so soft at all, but the motor has a play of 1-2 cm when balancing on the point...you feel that when pushing it by hand and  unfortunatly you feel that also when riding....

a experienced rider gets used to that, but that has to be mentioned!

Thank you so much for that thorough information

I wonder if the looseness in the GOTWAY changes as you change the rider modes from soft to hard? I guess I was thinking that perhaps that 1 - 2 cm "PLAY" in the Msuper V3 might have something to do with the right modes, but perhaps that is not true at all.

As you said, I have no interest in traveling faster than 30 km/h because it just isn't worth it for me to become injured. I am a pediatrician and if I become injured I won't be able to work, and if I don't work... I cannot have my toys :huh:.  I have a wonderful friend to is a pediatric dentist in the area and while he was riding his bike, he hit a branch in the dark and went over the handlebars and broke his hand. After several surgeries the bones in his hand had to be fused and he could no longer hold his dental instruments and had to retire at the age of 50. That was a disaster and a very sad fact.  i don't want to increase my risk of such a thing happening to me.

Again, thanks so much for all the wonderful information as I appreciate it.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What we really need is someone that owned a msuper v2 and have them let us know if there is a difference between the 2. my V2 stops very well and I have no issues with needing to stop.  But I'm very curious to know exactly what the differences are. The only person I know that has owned both is Euc extreme and he tells me there is a huge difference in the way the unit rides between the V2 Hs and his V3. I will do a huge review when I get the unit. And I did order the 1600wh 84V so I'm curious how that will work out

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

Thank you so much for that thorough information

I wonder if the looseness in the GOTWAY changes as you change the rider modes from soft to hard? I guess I was thinking that perhaps that 1 - 2 cm "PLAY" in the Msuper V3 might have something to do with the right modes, but perhaps that is not true at all.

As you said, I have no interest in traveling faster than 30 km/h because it just isn't worth it for me to become injured. I am a pediatrician and if I become injured I won't be able to work, and if I don't work... I cannot have my toys :huh:.  I have a wonderful friend to is a pediatric dentist in the area and while he was riding his bike, he hit a branch in the dark and went over the handlebars and broke his hand. After several surgeries the bones in his hand had to be fused and he could no longer hold his dental instruments and had to retire at the age of 50. That was a disaster and a very sad fact.  i don't want to increase my risk of such a thing happening to me.

Again, thanks so much for all the wonderful information as I appreciate it.

no, i tried all ride modes....has nothing to do with them.

its just a play of 1-2 cm in all of them! a -little- play between shell and motor/wheel younhave on all wheels...but this is a kind of bigger one...i am getting very well used to it...but it is in nothing comparable to the cement hard madden mode on the MCM2s...

you are welcome....i just want to mention that all those feelings of rideability are very subjective and change from person to person :-)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

no, i tried all ride modes....has nothing to do with them.

its just a play of 1-2 cm in all of them! a -little- play between shell and motor/wheel younhave on all wheels...but this is a kind of bigger one...i am getting very well used to it...but it is in nothing comparable to the cement hard madden mode on the MCM2s...

you are welcome....i just want to mention that all those feelings of rideability are very subjective and change from person to person :-)

I appreciate that you tried all the modes and found the same "play" in each.

I'm glad you're also getting used to it.

Subjectivity is an important thing to recognize in these situations, of course. In a perfect world, I'd be able to stand on each one of these units to see which one fit me the best. Obviously, that isn't even possible where i live.

As always, I appreciate the information and the time you always give to answer the questions I ask

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Donafello said:

What we really need is someone that owned a msuper v2 and have them let us know if there is a difference between the 2. my V2 stops very well and I have no issues with needing to stop.  But I'm very curious to know exactly what the differences are. The only person I know that has owned both is Euc extreme and he tells me there is a huge difference in the way the unit rides between the V2 Hs and his V3. I will do a huge review when I get the unit. And I did order the 1600wh 84V so I'm curious how that will work out

 

 

ok...this i can not deliver :-)

v2 is one of the few wheels i never tried 

Again: the braking v3 is NOT bad...just not like my KS18....therefore the V3 is accelerating faster, but as it has 300watt more...this is a bit of comparison of apples and eggs :-)

the only -bit- disapointing is the wheelplay...but therefore the performance at all is top notch!!! you also have to see its my 4th wheel, so that i should have the knowledge of being a bit "nitpicky" and pointing out some minor things

Conclusion after 3 days: A wheel like hell performance wise!!

 

very interested to see GW's attempt on 84 Volts....rockwheel now offering this also?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...