Stolen euc

Ronko

there is a pretty small GPS/GSM Tracker. T0024/T0080 e.g. http://www.vjoycar.com/Motorcycle-GPS-Tracker/Motorcycle-GPS-Tracker-T0024.html

without the unnecessary waterproof casing, like in one of the pictures, its way smaller than the already tiny 52*40*20mm, maybe something like 4 x 3 x 1 cm  there should be a 12-24v and a 48v-80v modell. (some on amazon are 12-60v) 

you can send a text message to get the streetname or get the coordinates back as a google maps link, geofencing with alarm and some more features

quality wise probably not as good as the top notch motorbike trackers but many of them have crazy expensive monthly/yearly contracts ...  

some of these BT only-Trackers like Tile/duet/TrackR Bravo or StickR which rely on crowdsourced search through their apps. but it only will works reliable in big cities, as other people, with the App installed on their phones, must walk near them. and not sure if these are common in europe or in smaller cites. and you need to change their battery after some month to years, and retrieval can take some days to weeks ... or never if the wheel stays on a remote private property ...

if i go for the new Gotway Msuper i'll defenitly try to get this T0024/80 tracker inside, about 58$ without following costs does seem worth it, although i've read one or two negative reports about failing units. so maybe get 2 and put one in your car too ;)

2 hours ago, HEC said:

Ah OK - got confused by the Bluetooth range comment ;) Anyway those are pretty much unusable to trace anything if the location is based purely on mobile network based station as you'll hardly ever locate anything. Even in high density city areas it will be in range of several tens to hundreds of metres and anywhere else much more :(

But as @KevinUR's experience shows even locating at least approximately your property is pointless if the police is useless and will not act :( Sadly British police if a typical example of such incompetence.

It depends if they are having a bad day or not. Someone I know had his mobile phone equipped car stolen and worked for the mobile operator. He was able to pinpoint his car well enough for the police to find it straight away, they also found a boot (trunk) full of drugs and, leaving it staked out, caught the thieves red handed when they returned. The police were so grateful they made the owner go right across town by public transport to pick his car up from a pound where he found its nearly new interior still liberally covered in finger print dust.

I think he vowed to just go and drive it home again himself next time, especially as he also got his insurance hiked up even though he made no claim in the end.

Too bad the OP didn't contact police first and just have his friend watch the guy from a distance until police arrived.  Tail him casually if need be to see where he lives as I don't think anyone would like to tote 27 pounds of wheel too far from their homebase.   Confronting a thief only gives them the heads up to make a run for it.

Maybe post up some Lost posters around the area with a reward offered.  It's hard to ride an EUC without someone noticing, and I'm sure the V5F is unique enough to be easily recognized.

@KevinUR I know the police are always looking for some sort of proof that proves the stolen property is yours. Did you provide them with the serial #? If this guy was riding around on your wheel then he must have some degree of experience. Did he appear to be a skilled rider?  

Money talks! Like @HunkaHunkaBurningLove said I would hang some large photos of your wheel on every street corner post along with your phone number and a reward amount!

On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 2:44 AM, KevinUR said:

Had my euc STOLEN last night! Left my Inmotion V5f+ in the boot of my car the day after getting it and someone broke into it and stole it. It happened in London around the Chelsea area.

Please keep an eye out for a black Inmotion V5f+ on sale in the UK.

Also, if the guy manages to figure out what it is and how to use it, he's going to need to get hold of a charger for it so any retailers out there, please watch out for someone trying to order an Inmotion charger.

Next time I'm in London and see someone riding a V5f+ I'lll ?? the ? out of him... ?

On 9/15/2016 at 2:38 AM, Rehab1 said:

KevinUR I know the police are always looking for some sort of proof that proves the stolen property is yours. Did you provide them with the serial #? If this guy was riding around on your wheel then he must have some degree of experience. Did he appear to be a skilled rider? 

No not skilled, looked like he was trying to learn, and just before my friend got to him he fell off and i saw the wheel crashing down hard.. made me cringe!  Showed the police my receipt for the purchase, but had already thrown out the box and had not connected the unit to the app yet so no serial number.

On 9/15/2016 at 7:18 AM, MetricUSA said:

Next time I'm in London and see someone riding a V5f+ I'lll ?? the ? out of him... ?

I've just bought a new V5f+, so just make sure it's not me!

Archived