Don't You Just Hate Pathway Hogs? Geez Get Outta Da Way!

So I'm doing my usual run in the evening, and sure enough I get blocked right in the middle of the frickin' bike / pedestrian pathway.  Don't you hate it when that happens?  I have to come to a crawl, and since I'm all ticked off at this point since I was previously enjoying a nice 17 kph cruising speed, I take some photos of the offending pathway hog blocking my way while I'm slowly riding by.

Photos of the offender below sauntering away... (SFW)

Um, I don't see any crossing signs here? :rolleyes:

IMG_2005.jpg

Move it lead foot!

IMG_2006.jpg

Geez rubber necker - haven't you ever seen a self-balancing electric unicycle before???  Just like a deer caught in the headlights...

IMG_2009.jpg

That's right it's darn cool.  Take a photo next time - it'll last longer!  B)  Darn animals think they own nature.  Sheesh.

IMG_2010.jpg

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove Now you must admit that was a pretty awesome path blocker! Great nature trail and photos! 

@MarkoMarjamaa does have a valid point about what exactly was blocking your path.  Speaking of hogs, my enjoyable ride climaxed last week when I had to stop and help these lovely ladies wrestle a hog to the ground. God I love that trail!:P

DSC02738.jpg

21 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove Now you must admit that was a pretty awesome path blocker! Great nature trail and photos! 

@MarkoMarjamaa does have a valid point about what exactly was blocking your path.  Speaking of hogs, my enjoyable ride climaxed last week when I had to stop and help these lovely ladies wrestle a hog to the ground. God I love that trail!:P

Yes thank goodness for the iPhone 6 fingerprint reader as I was able to get the camera working in a hurry plus good thing I can roll really slowly.  It's funny - the deer just casually sauntered off the path and kept looking at me while I passed by really closely.  Usually they are more skittish and run quickly away, but it was probably trying to figure out what I was riding on.  That's the same look many people give me as I roll by... :lol:

Okay rehab - stop climaxing on your enjoyable ride!  ;)  I'm sure you didn't mind helping out some damsels in distress.  That hog looks pretty happy too actually.  Is it smiling?  Holy Toledo, nice snowflake tattoo by the by,  B)

I haven't accessorized it up much.  I did add some front and rear reflective tape (white and red) on the edges plus slipped a cheapo Dollarama bike rear light on the handle.  It actually looks not too bad there, but I did order some other lights from Dealextreme to bling things up a bit.  It seems to be getting darker faster lately with the summer days getting shorter so visibility is a concern.  I think a bot mounted camera might be a little too bumpy for video?  I don't even have a GoPro or anything, but that's the next purchase I'm eyeing.  When I have my iPhone 6 dangling off that selfie stick I'm always worried it will fall off or hit something.  I need something more rugged.

So did you get a closer look at that one lady's tattoo?  Can't quite see all of it - maybe should have asked her for a better look-see since it's partially obscured and all.  :P  Just to admire the artistry of the tattoo artist that's all.  Honest!  :D  I'm a tattoo aficionado!

1 hour ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I haven't accessorized it up much.  I did add some front and rear reflective tape (white and red) on the edges plus slipped a cheapo Dollarama bike rear light on the handle.  It actually looks not too bad there, but I did order some other lights from Dealextreme to bling things up a bit.  It seems to be getting darker faster lately with the summer days getting shorter so visibility is a concern.  I think a bot mounted camera might be a little too bumpy for video?  I don't even have a GoPro or anything, but that's the next purchase I'm eyeing.  When I have my iPhone 6 dangling off that selfie stick I'm always worried it will fall off or hit something.  I need something more rugged.

So did you get a closer look at that one lady's tattoo?  Can't quite see all of it - maybe should have asked her for a better look-see since it's partially obscured and all.  :P  Just to admire the artistry of the tattoo artist that's all.  Honest!  :D  I'm a tattoo aficionado!

I use a harness for my 6S plus. The image stabilisation is great on my phone, and 128GB captures lots of video even at 1080p 60fps.  It's not easy to do selfies while moving with  mounted to the harness, though.

Here are the two options I considered before buying get one at bottom:

$49USD at Amazon.com

71JpwQL5JyL._SL1222_.jpg

And a $20 version (the one I use), also from Amazon:

71obRfBapEL._SL1001_.jpg

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove Yes summer is almost over and the depressing darker mornings and early nightfall is just around the corner. I am starting to get comfortable riding inside so I have a place to keep my somatosensory intact when the snow flies. Not much room for error as the room is somewhat small (20x20 foot)

Unfortunately I did not get a chance to inspect her tattoo closer as my alarm went off and I woke up. Lets see some ink Mr. tattoo aficionado!

@litewave yes those harnesses are real nice. 

1 hour ago, MarkoMarjamaa said:

Not a snowflake, I think it's some kind of lizard, gekko climbing up.

Can't say for sure, should have to take a closer look :)

That's more likely than a snowflake, although it might also be two reindeer heads. In the interest of science and all mankind, and the importance of this matter, I have taken steps to try & enhance the image:

RxXwmsz.png

Also, after careful examination, I haven't managed to find any signs of tattoos in this part of the image:

7xD7ZO2.png

@ Esaj...you made my day!  A bit disappointed though. I  thought your enhanced rendering technology would approximate what is under the clothing:o

After carefully reviewing esaj's enhanced imagery, I'll have to agree with Marko and say "gecko" as it would make sense as they have good grip climbing large objects.  Or it could be a crouching frog or Godzilla wearing a fashionable hat as a secondary guess.  Remember an artist has to appreciate and take into account the entire landscape and integrate other nearby items into their art work.  ;)  I wonder what's on the other side?  ^_^

I'm not sure how this thread evolved from "deer crossing bikepath" to "tattooed boobies" with a brief stop over at "iPhone chest harnesses," but hey I'm all for it!  :blink:  I would post up some comparison photos so we can perhaps find out what the mystery creature is, but ahem, I'll have to refrain and keep this thread SFW.  The bigger question is why would someone want a tattoo of a gecko/reindeer tattooed on that specific spot?  It's not like we men need any more reason to stare there, do we?  :D

Okay okay I will compromise with something kid friendly.  Nope, it's not Lego Superman.

lego-superman-breast-hold.jpg

1 hour ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

After carefully reviewing esaj's enhanced imagery, I'll have to agree with Marko and say "gecko" as it would make sense as they have good grip climbing large objects.  Or it could be a crouching frog or Godzilla wearing a fashionable hat as a secondary guess.  Remember an artist has to appreciate and take into account the entire landscape and integrate other nearby items into their art work.  ;)  I wonder what's on the other side?  ^_^

I'm not sure how this thread evolved from "deer crossing bikepath" to "tattooed boobies" with a brief stop over at "iPhone chest harnesses," but hey I'm all for it!  :blink:  I would post up some comparison photos so we can perhaps find out what the mystery creature is, but ahem, I'll have to refrain and keep this thread SFW.  The bigger question is why would someone want a tattoo of a gecko/reindeer tattooed on that specific spot?  It's not like we men need any more reason to stare there, do we?  :D

Okay okay I will compromise with something kid friendly.  Nope, it's not Lego Superman.

lego-superman-breast-hold.jpg

Is it Lego super Elvis?

Archived