KS18 Firmware V1.21

Adlers83

5 minutes ago, Adlers83 said:

It's out now and mentions about add of light control  and a few other things. 

On mine it still doesn't work. 

So war I can't see a difference to V1.20 ?

Can you say which few other things???

Ok, i have checked myself...

Text is:

-add RGB light control, made the RGB light changeable,          ->(Only KS16!)

-add blinking function to front/rear LED Lights,                          ->(all???)

-optimized Motor Driver and riding experience

-Add Memory function on light control

-Optimezed lacking power when abruptly accelerate when power on

So that's what we all wanted, the last Change...who will test it???

@HEC Hope your misbehaviour goes away with this also :-)

4 minutes ago, Adlers83 said:

So as I can see the warning and tilt back kick in at 30km/h now! Even my settings are at 40km/h ??

can someone confirm that?? 

There is no way going back to V1.20 again right? 

You can not set your KS18 to over 30kmh anymore? Really? If so: Report it to Kingsong fast, please, that they can react fast!

There is a way back(It was from 1.20 to 1.18 and it is not more complicated)...search here on the Forum, but it is a bit complicated, you have to set up your own Server!

8 minutes ago, Adlers83 said:

So as I can see the warning and tilt back kick in at 30km/h now! Even my settings are at 40km/h ??

If you have the V1.20 binary imho yes if you follow 

18 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

The RGB light selection will require a new app but nothing has been posted yet on KingSongs website.

You are right...but they did not "announce" the new Firmware, too...the Website is very old at all, you will have more luck here or on FB!

Will be a waiting game again, then...

16 minutes ago, Adlers83 said:

Can be a mistake...but can also be a reaction to the "highspeed" falls of KS18....but i would have thought to step down to 35?!

Also they normally go the way of "not let confirm" if you set Speed to high....KS16 for example...So with yours, with confirmed Setting to 40 it is more looking than a mistake....

no other way to found out than to ask KingSong.......

@tinawong What about KS18? Set to 30kmh? What about new app for RGB Light control???

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

-Optimezed lacking power when abruptly accelerate when power on

So that's what we all wanted, the last Change...who will test it???

@HEC Hope your misbehaviour goes away with this also :-)

Well - that doesn't really cover my issue as I don't accelerate abruptly or right after power on ;) I've already received the replacement board from @Jason McNeil so I can indeed try to test the current / old board with the new FW before swaping those around though weather is a bit uncooperative at the moment ...

Hello @Adlers83 

Not sure i follow all about your KS-18 but you use to ride at 30km/h max before ??? you motor is a 800 or 1200W ?  you can read it on the wheel normallly

that's really curious the do put 30km/h on the bigger motor.

@sylvere

i am not adler...but i talked to him and know his wheel!

its 1200 watt and he did ride 40 before! now after update, tiltback setting in app is still 40kmh....but wheel can not go faster than 33, because tiltback kick in at 30kmh! 

because of that...i do not upgrade to 1.21 with my Ks18 1200 watt!

1 hour ago, sylvere said:

Thanks KS69 for your message. We are in touch with KS Chine to understand what the problem. 

He told me the batterie was just about 54-56%.... we talk about to try again with higher batterie volume...to check that it is not a "safety low batterie" feature....

but its a 1360wh version...so did not exspect that

@sylvere

That's all correct. Before my max speed was 30km/h because the factory installed a controller of a 800w version which I already have replaced. So after that everything was working normal. 

The speed problem of the V1.21 is not a Voltage protection in my opinion. I have the 1200w/1360wh version. 

Ok guys, I charged up my KS18 to 93% and did a quick speed test while lifting up (no load).
The warning and Tiltback is working as set up on the App and Motor cut off is now at 48Km/h!
Before it was always 44km/h on mine. So it seems Kingsong has done some small improvements.
Even the 30km/h when Battery is around 50% is a bit to low in my opinion. But ok, safety first;)
I go for a ride now...

1 hour ago, Adlers83 said:

Now at 48Km/h! Before it was always 44km/h on mine.

That's great! It shows the power of this forum: some vendors actually listen if enough of a stink is raised.... 

I told KS last week that I really wanted to order a batch of the 1680Wh, but the cut-out limit needed to be raised, more limit testing performed & measures taken for the control-board cooling. There's going to be some news early next week... 

I successfully updated my KS16 to 1.21 using the latest app 1.40. No issues during the update process, but they've really screwed up the side lighting.  All three modes seem to result in the lights flashing white in-between the colour cycling. I'm pleased they've added the option of turning the lights off in this release but I wish they would have left them alone. Just a colour selection so it stays a single chosen colour would have been perfect.

Archived