GotWay Msuper V3 specification

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm tempted again now the spec is confirmed :) 

I think I will wait a few months for others to try first in case of bugs/issues. I'm still hurting from the ACM so don't want to "test" again. :)

42 minutes ago, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

Dear all,

GotWay Msuper V3 specification are as attachment, check it please! 

Thanks for supporting GotWay wheels all the time!

Best Regards,

Linnea

Msuper V3 parameters.pdf

Based purely on the specs published, having the msuper v3 and the ACM both an equal motor of 1500W why is the ACM faster and also better climber. Speed 45 vs 40, climbing at 25 degree lifts a 100kg rider vs 70kg rider.

Are theese specs correct?

By having a larger wheel at equal power i would expect the msuper to be faster, unless the ACM motor was a high speed type, but the climb data seems to indicate it has lots of torque in fact more than msuper v3.

I think we might have to wait for real world tests, since it is strange that the ACM performs better on torque and speed vs the msuper v3, having both equal poweful motors. 

Or are the specs of the ACM inflated and the Msuper is actually faster?

Nice to see that the specs telling 25 km/h as a default speed and over speed alarming. I just ordered a battery upgrade for my MSuper V2 and keep with it. As TremF said, from history of ACM we can expect some minor changes. The 12 MOSFET layout has to be proven. I don't expect so much/ heavy changes as with the ACM. I think the ACM was technology based the pathfinder for the new generation of Gotway EUCs.

26 minutes ago, TremF said:

I'm tempted again now the spec is confirmed :) 

I think I will wait a few months for others to try first in case of bugs/issues. I'm still hurting from the ACM so don't want to "test" again. :)

Did you get in the meantime a time scale when your new mainboard should arrive?

2 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Did you get in the meantime a time scale when your new mainboard should arrive?

No. Still waiting to hear about the new board and pedals from my distributor who was waiting to hear back from Gotway. :(

6 minutes ago, checho said:

Based purely on the specs published, having the msuper v3 and the ACM both an equal motor of 1500W why is the ACM faster and also better climber. Speed 45 vs 40, climbing at 25 degree lifts a 100kg rider vs 70kg rider.

By having a larger wheel at equal power i would expect the msuper to be faster, unless the ACM motor was a high speed type, but the climb data seems to indicate it has lots of torque in fact more than msuper v3.

I think we might have to wait for real world tests, since it is strange that the ACM performs better on torque and speed vs the msuper v3, having both equal poweful motors. 

The air gap of the magnet/ coil is the point where the performance/ torque is generated. Set it in relation to the tire size hitting the ground.

But again this specs are just numbers. We need to do comparisons.

2 hours ago, checho said:

In fact Msuper V3 performances better than ACM, we would not quote higher max speed for it even it can go higher than 40km/h. Riders would try to reach 45km/h if we say max speed is 45km/h, and they would do it even we say max speed is 50km/h. 40km/h is already fast enough, higher speed make it more room to meet cut off point, but please not try to suffer cut off speed, it would cause serious injures at such high speed.

25 minutes ago, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

In fact Msuper V3 performances better than ACM, we would not quote higher max speed for it even it can go higher than 40km/h. Riders would try to reach 45km/h if we say max speed is 45km/h, and they would do it even we say max speed is 50km/h. 40km/h is already fast enough, higher speed make it more room to meet cut off point, but please not try to suffer cut off speed, it would cause serious injures at such high speed.

I personlly would go for even lower max speed and going for a better power/ torque in the main driving speed range. How do you test the 150 kg of the specification? Is there a lifecycle test, bumby road with full road?

55 minutes ago, OliverH said:

You've a trolley handle bar - for reason.

Not yet - on its way from China - so I'm carrying mine when I have too ! :blink::)

13 minutes ago, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

At the moment, we just launched high speed version, but if there is many people want high torque version, we will consider to make high torque version.

Any word on when it will be available in europe? (High speed version)

Just now, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

At the moment, we just launched high speed version, but if there is many people want high torque version, we will consider to make high torque version.

I shall become to be really interested in changing my MSuper 2 for a MSuper 3 model only if its climbing is better, with less stress (motor, temperature,etc.). Another tire with just a little better off-road capabilities would be appreciated too! ;)

Otherwise, my usual max speed is very near 25 kmh, even if I appreciate to be able to go significantly faster with security.

1 hour ago, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

I'll consider your slim nice 18" wheel which shall be more stable than my 16", but with an high torque, max speed 29-30kmh, tilt back >30kmh, all the rest of the power to manage, climbs, acceleration and mainly keeping the cut off point far away

1 hour ago, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

I would be interested in a  high torque version I already have a ks18A 1200W and do not need another HS version, I would like to be able to climb very steep hills safely without overheating the wheel, by very steep hills I mean hills off road on mountains. 

In the case of msuper v2 how long did it take for the high torque version to be realeased after the ms or hs versions were released? Maybe for the msuper v3 it will take a similar amount of time to be released.

Is the msuperv3 using 6 or 12 mosfets? 

6 hours ago, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

Finally, this is the right approach! God bless you, Linnea, the queen of Gotway! Gotway owes you!

13 hours ago, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

I can feel my life insurance payments going up already.  And I like it.

When will the Vspeed modifications be ready for the V3?

16 hours ago, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

I would have thought something like the medium torque version as per V2 would suit a lot of people.

I would go for either high torque/medium torque.

Jer

2 hours ago, Eman said:

I can order at my preferred vendor for 78800 Rubles. It's about 1064 Euros. I guess I'll make that deal, as I'm living in Moscow ?

Opinions? 

Well 2 things. 1- it may make sense to wait until all the bugs are resolved as it just came out, this is up to you

2. Pricewise you will always win ordering from a russian vendor - due to the current harsh economy situations, and due to the logistics/ shipping factors, russian distributors will have a lower profit margin and the embedded shipping costs are lowe. Cant say anything about the reliability of your vendor.

3 hours ago, Eman said:

I can order at my preferred vendor for 78800 Rubles. It's about 1064 Euros. I guess I'll make that deal, as I'm living in Moscow ?

Opinions? 

No way, for me. I have a MCM4 HS and was waiting for MSUPER V3. But when I see the behaviour of Gotway, I won't spend any buck with them until they solve @Kevin Grandon and @TremF 's issues.
I really don't understand how a company could act like that and lack totally empathy and even commercial sense, while "little" resellers as @Jason McNeil make all their possible to satisfy the customers.

I agree with @HunkaHunkaBurningLove : boycott is the only way when nothing does move after months.

Archived