Does my ninebot e+ have an model C board?

Seymour

Hi!

Im a new member here and would need some help from you experts!

Bought a ninebot e+ for about a month ago and it has broken down twice been at repairs 3.5 weeks of the total of 5. 

First time it was fauly firmware which ended up throwing me off the wheel and it never powered on again got replaced with a new ninebot e+. 2nd happened 3days after the returnal this time the mainboard blew up and threw me off after a hard brake. However this time they only changed the mainboard and now I got some strange symptones.

Now I cannot go faster then ~16 km/h (in ninebot app) 14.7 km/h in a 3rd party app which I could hit 21 before the repair. Also noticed that the max mileage have changed to 10km (used to be 29). 

New replacement board NIOEA1501A

Old  N20EA1534A

Starting to think that they have messed up and taken an old board from a normal E or C model.

I've checked so that I do not have the speedlimiter on (which I can only set to 10km/h for that matter) dont know what more to check. Getting a bit annoyed since it costs 60 euro everytime I send it away for repair.

Br,

Seymour

1 hour ago, Shoe73 said:

Interesting, I missed that post @SuperSport. My E+ starts with N1O. Maybe it just means it was an earlier one?  It did come with the proper size battery for an E+ so I don't think it is an E that they sold as an E+. 

Who did you buy from?  I know there was at least one vendor that was relabeling E's as E+'s.  Does your frame have TWO Screw Accessory Mounting holes on front AND Back?  Only the E+ and above have two on back.

Not sure, but think I remember reading that the N10 serial numbers were the earlier E+ and the N20's were newer and slightly improved E+'s that were more liked but don't remember what the differences were.

Quoting myself from the post @SuperSport linked too : 

The model can be determined from the serial number of the vehicle, for example :
N1OCA14**A** indicates model C
N2OCA14**A** indicates model C+
N1OEA14**A** indicates model E
N2OEA14**A** indicates model E+

9 minutes ago, Oily said:

After updating the app just now, it shows two different serial numbers.  On the first screen with the lock symbol and remaining mileage it shows NOE1540xxxx and on the third screen (basic information screen) it shows N20EA1540Axxxx  The NOE1540 xxxx is just under the Ninebot by Segway at the top of the home screen.  Is that the app version?

I've just upgraded the app too (Android), and the only place I get the serial number is in Basic Settings ?

The home screen only shows : Direction, Speed, Battery, Remaining Miles, and then if you swipe up : Current Ride Time, Mileage (current ride), Mileage (total), Vehicle Temp & Average Speed ?

Maybe our phones are different mine is Alcatel Pop Icon. (Android).  Did you get the black box option in the other settings menu?  I just selected it and it had me lock the wheel to read data.  Then when I hit send it said please write your problem in the box.  I don't think it is reading anything from the wheel, only what you write in the box.

But it did show a file, and when I touched it to open it said I must use WPS or something similar to open it.

Hi, yes I now have the BlackBox thing too - but the only place I can see the serial number is in Basic Setup ???  (or if I go to change the serial number!)

I'm running Android 5.0 so that may make a difference ?

9 hours ago, steve454 said:

The NOE1540 xxxx is just under the Ninebot by Segway at the top of the home screen.

The one on the Home Screen is changeable to make your bot unique.  On mine, It's now NOECandiceS.  Stands for Candice Swanepoel.  Both the bot and she are sexy, so it seemed to fit.

Ignore the red arrow.  The name changed is below the ninebot logo.

image.pngcandice1.jpg

19 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Who did you buy from?  I know there was at least one vendor that was relabeling E's as E+'s.  Does your frame have TWO Screw Accessory Mounting holes on front AND Back?  Only the E+ and above have two on back.

Only one mounting hole on the back! Now I'm thinking I got an E with an upgraded battery. Does that mean the motor is not as powerful?

1 minute ago, Shoe73 said:

Only one mounting hole on the back! Now I'm thinking I got an E with an upgraded battery. Does that mean the motor is not as powerful?

I believe same motor.  The handle is weaker on the E and the way it rides is different due to the Motherboard.  The company www.*l*c**c*n*c******online.com was selling E's and placing a sticker over the QRcode on the back with a big E+ printed on it.  Obviously added later.  Also, it's quite possible your seller did not know themselves what they had.  They might have bought it with the belief that it was an E+.

Seems only things you are missing if your battery is correct are the Motherboard and stronger handle.  But, the firmware updates might have made your motherboard closer to the E+.

So, you have the 320Wh battery?  Should look like this: (Notice 55.5VDC and 320Wh)

SKU276011_1.jpg

9 hours ago, Oily said:

Quoting myself from the post @SuperSport linked too : 

The model can be determined from the serial number of the vehicle, for example :
N1OCA14**A** indicates model C
N2OCA14**A** indicates model C+
N1OEA14**A** indicates model E

Mine has 15 instead of 14 in the SN. I'm guessing it's the year of manufacture?

2 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

So, you have the 320Wh battery?  Should look like this: (Notice 55.5VDC and 320Wh)

SKU276011_1.jpg

Yep that's the one I've got. I bought a 2nd E+ a while back (with an N2O SN) but sold it because I didn't like how the pedals moved while turning/accelerating. I put it down to having the latest firmware while I have stuck at 1.3.0 on my old wheel. Anyway I'm happy with my wheel so I guess it doesn't matter. 

So its like I thought then they took the wrong board.  Still that sucks since I bought the ninebot for usage during the summer and now its almost over.. Should maybe buy another brand I guess after experiencing so much problems.

But thanks for the replies :) 

2 hours ago, SuperSport said:

The one on the Home Screen is changeable to make your bot unique.  On mine, It's now NOECandiceS.  Stands for Candice Swanepoel.  Both the bot and she are sexy, so it seemed to fit.

Hold up a sec - are you trying to tell us that metaphorically speaking, you're basically riding Candice Swanepol^_^ <High Five!>  I'm immediately renaming my 'bot to "Kate Upton!"

@Rehab1, cover those kids' eyes and tell the moms to turn around look it's a flying elephant...

kate-upton-sexy-bikini-dance.gif

Regarding Seymour's motherboard mixup, if they may have made a mistake it should be on their dime to make things right.  One other possibility might be that maybe due to your riding style they are trying to keep the speeds down to limit the current spikes to avoid further control board blowouts?  If you're doing a lot of heavy braking and back and forth riding it might be over-taxing the control board on the E+?

33 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Hold up a sec - are you trying to tell us that metaphorically speaking, you're basically riding Candice Swanepol^_^ <High Five!>  I'm immediately renaming my 'bot to "Kate Upton!"

Yeah, I love her too!  High Five back at ya!

3 hours ago, SuperSport said:

image.pngcandice1.jpg

"A picture is worth a thousand words" - well done @SuperSport ! :)

(Mine is called Wheelie !)

The firsts 9B1 E+ started at N1O (like 9B1 E).  I had one of them.

The maximum speed of N1O is 1 to 2 km/h slower than 9B1 E+ N2O.

The firsts N2O had the same MoBo as N1O (MoBo v1.3).

After, the 9B1 had a new MoBo (v1.3.1). Those models are 1 to 2km/h faster than N2O with the v1.3 MoBo.

I have the 3 models of 9B1 E+.  ;-)

2 hours ago, cbgti said:

The firsts 9B1 E+ started at N1O (like 9B1 E).  I had one of them.

The maximum speed of N1O is 1 to 2 km/h slower than 9B1 E+ N2O.

The firsts N2O had the same MoBo as N1O (MoBo v1.3).

After, the 9B1 had a new MoBo (v1.3.1). Those models are 1 to 2km/h faster than N2O with the v1.3 MoBo.

I have the 3 models of 9B1 E+.  ;-)

So, if this is the case, do you know if the early E+ also has only ONE mounting hole on back?  This would clear up @Shoe73's mystery as he has the N1O mb, but a 320Wh battery.

Archived