Celebrity Status Check: Ever notice people taking photos of you riding?

It's difficult not feeling like a celebrity when people are taking photos of you riding around B).  I've noticed more and more that strangers in cars and people on the street or at malls are taking photos of me riding around on the Ninebot.   I have a weird feeling that I'm on Snapchat or Facebook somewhere.  

I would have thought that the darker coloured NB1E+ would be more stealthy compard to my white generic.  Maybe it's just my part of the world that hasn't seen too many of these EUCs, but cars will stop and drivers will ask me about the wheel.  It's fun to be the centre of attention, but it's hard to get used to as I usually like to keep to myself and not talk with strangers usually.  :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I've noticed more and more that strangers in cars and people on the street or at malls are taking photos of me riding around on the Ninebot

I have never seen someone take a photo of me riding my EUC. However, frequently people ask questions about it. Three times I have had someone in a vehicle pull over and ask about the EUC. One guy came over to me on the sidewalk, leaving his car in the middle of the street with the door open!

On my Ninebot One E+ in the early days of riding I had a guy ride past on his bike and remove his Go Pro (or whatever it was) from it's mount and point it back at me lol

Since then I've had people driving past in cars pointing their phones at me and have had a few people sneaking photo's as I ride around a nearby lake but last weekend I was out along the canal on my ACM and someone with a very noticeable camera was taking a photo of me as I rode towards them. I stuck my thumbs up and smiled then sped up past them.

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove if your face was like that as you rode past they may be thinking that you were having just a little bit too much fun  ;)

B) That's my usual "Yes! I got one of the Limited Edition Flamebots!" stance while I'm riding my PearlbotOne.   Or is it the "Oh my pants are too tight!" stance?  I get them confused now and then.... Oops, forgot to set the handle down before rollin' in that photo.

Twice now, a car pulled over 100 meters ahead, driver got out with phone to take picture or footage.

Also a college of mine twittered one second of footage of me on my nb1 in our parking-lot. (@JanDeWit on September 21 2015)

When the Giro got to my town this year, I unicycled around. I confess: I was trying to get some live television coverage, lol, but did not succeed. 

Your lucky. The cyclist I over took frowned. Thinking about putting one of those electronic message signs on the rear of my NB1. Someone frowns gets a thumbs down, smiling..thumbs up. Nasty words...one finger gesture. I am all about diplomacy. 

@johrhoj News media is funny....that hate fun stories. Now put a Donald Trump mask on and you have instant coverage!

29 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Your lucky. The cyclist I over took frowned. Thinking about putting one of those electronic message signs on the rear of my NB1. Someone frowns gets a thumbs down, smiling..thumbs up. Nasty words...one finger gesture. I am all about diplomacy.

Ha ha. I was actually thinking about wearing the wireless screen I'm using for my RC models on my back and to mount two wireless cameras on the wheel - one facing front and one facing back and have those two alternating on the screen :) 

Oh, yeah. I was on my university's snapchat story for a week straight when I first got my nb1e+ :P. They're fun toys and they definitely grab attention, especially in the small towns.

Cars slowing down to watch is very frequent.  When you hear a car slow down behind you, and feels like they are following, they are filming you.  I've experienced this 4 times in the last 2 months, including this past weekend, when I saw two phones out the passenger windows as they passed by me.

I usually give them a good dab, and you hear them all go "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, daaaaaaaaamn".

I highly recommend dab poses.  it freaks them out every time!

yes I have noticed people taking pics and or video of J, though as he is only 10 I really feel people should ask permission before taking his photo or videoing him. 

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:40 PM, MaxLinux said:

I have never seen someone take a photo of me riding my EUC

It happened today! I was riding on the sidewalk in a residential section, and a car was driving slowly beside me. I supposed it was a resident about to enter the driveway to his home. I kept slowing down more and more, expecting him to cut in front of me and enter a driveway. The more I slowed down, the more he slowed down. I couldn't figure out what was going on, and I was nervous not knowing what this vehicle beside me was going to do. Finally I noticed he was recording video with his phone of me riding!

A guy was taking a video of me riding around the lake yesterday. I smiled and waved! Then I pass this family on a small playground situated next to the road. As I ride by, now feeling very up beat by the recent video session, the kid yells out "That is so stupid". ?

Spending a lot of time along Southbank in central London doing tricks or riding around in my electroluminescent tron suit I often get people filming, taking photographs and asking lots of questions about electric unicycling. People love the Tron suit. The only time I really mind is if I'm trying to practice a new trick or I'm light painting. If people are polite enough to ask (and lots of people do ask) I'm happy to put on a bit of a show (being a bit of a show off). If I'm in a really good mood I sometimes let people have a quick go, although you do have to be rather selective. I try and do my bit to promote electric unicycling, what seems to put people off most of all is the cost. I know there are some YouTube channels where people film around skate facilities specifically looking to film "fails" so hope I haven't ended up in any of these compilations :)

ha ha we will be sure to say hello if we bump into you when we visit London.  two Jonathans doing tricks would be something to show off about.  Though wee J has an extra h in his name (Johnathan) 

59 minutes ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Spending a lot of time along Southbank in central London doing tricks or riding around in my electroluminescent tron suit I often get people filming, taking photographs and asking lots of questions about electric unicycling. People love the Tron suit. The only time I really mind is if I'm trying to practice a new trick or I'm light painting. If people are polite enough to ask (and lots of people do ask) I'm happy to put on a bit of a show (being a bit of a show off). If I'm in a really good mood I sometimes let people have a quick go, although you do have to be rather selective. I try and do my bit to promote electric unicycling, what seems to put people off most of all is the cost. I know there are some YouTube channels where people film around skate facilities specifically looking to film "fails" so hope I haven't ended up in any of these compilations :)

@Jonathan Tolhurst You do more than your share promoting the EUC sport! Your Tyron suit must be a hit with observers! As for the You Tube pavarazzi, if you take a spill start charging for the film rights!?

Archived