2.5" tyre 14" electric unicycle 30 km/h high speed with Bluetooth App

Lz Lee

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a nice looking heavy duty tire!  Looking at the images posted, the large pedals might be perfectly fine for clearance as the extra tire height does give it some more room for sharp turns.  A larger radius tire should increase top speed although the extra weight might be an issue.   The case kind of grows on you.  It's different enough from others to make it stand out, and as long as you don't go through too many puddles the tire water splash up shouldn't be too bad.  Users could always bolt on an after-market fender on one or both sides if they wish.  I kind of like it!  What price would it be to purchase a whole EUC unit?  Will it be available on AliExpress?  Some manufacturers have been having issues with shipping larger batteries.  Will your wheel be shipped separately from the battery pack?

@Sidestreet Reny  If this wheel is durable enough, I wonder if it might be the perfect wheel for stunts?  Replacement controllers and parts are easily bought on AliExpress... I guess it depends on the price...

Does Microworks have any plans of producing a larger wattage motor like a 1000W or 1500W as the heavier European and North American riders would benefit from the extra torque and speed characteristics along with hill climbing ability.

On 2016/6/30 at 2:48 AM, Vincent Bourdeau said:

@Lz Lee what is the brand/model of this tire?

the tire is Kenda or chaoyang.  

we already uploaded this scooter on alibaba.  If interest in, you can visit our website

http://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Promotional-EUC-GEEKWHEEL-DIY-14x2-5_60490047653.html?smToken=c467c2f06fbf4190a77dea88e6ab6b54&smSign=lfzq1bsiaNPTuK7gLhJRYg%3D%3D

This is promotional prices for EUC forum users.

mw (7)_调整大小.jpg

7 hours ago, Lz Lee said:

we already uploaded this scooter on alibaba.  If interest in, you can visit our website

http://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Promotional-EUC-GEEKWHEEL-DIY-14x2-5_60490047653.html?smToken=c467c2f06fbf4190a77dea88e6ab6b54&smSign=lfzq1bsiaNPTuK7gLhJRYg%3D%3D

This is promotional prices for EUC forum users.

While I'm tempted / would like to have a go at 680 Wh version the shipping costs of over $200 to most destination makes it way to expensive. Add customs + VAT and fees and it's way too high for "new" / unknown / untested brand I'm afraid. :( I'd say @Lz Lee that you'd need to find some distribution channels to cut down on the additional costs involved and definitely has some test / reviews out there to promote your brand / model otherwise you'll see very poor sales on this.

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 5:42 PM, Lz Lee said:

IMG_2023.JPG

Looking at the above picture it seems that you changed / improved the pedals (magnetic holders?) comparing to pictures in the first post. Also the left wheel have already cracked silicon pad in bottom left corner and it's a bit dirty. Hopefully you don't ship wheels like that to customers! :(

4 hours ago, HEC said:

While I'm tempted / would like to have a go at 680 Wh version the shipping costs of over $200 to most destination makes it way to expensive. Add customs + VAT and fees and it's way too high for "new" / unknown / untested brand I'm afraid. :( I'd say @Lz Lee that you'd need to find some distribution channels to cut down on the additional costs involved and definitely has some test / reviews out there to promote your brand / model otherwise you'll see very poor sales on this.

For shipping cost,  we will quote for different countries.  I think the shipping cost is  less than 200 USD. 

please email your address to us,  i will quote shipping cost for you. 

thank you

lee@microworks.cn

4 hours ago, HEC said:

For shipping cost,  we will quote for different countries.  I think the shipping cost is  less than 200 USD. 

thank you

lee@microworks.cn

1 hour ago, HEC said:

Looking at the above picture it seems that you changed / improved the pedals (magnetic holders?) comparing to pictures in the first post. Also the left wheel have already cracked silicon pad in bottom left corner and it's a bit dirty. Hopefully you don't ship wheels like that to customers! :(

Yes, we can exchange the pedals if the customers don't like .   

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:39 PM, Jurgen said:

The IPS Llhotz was developed for offroad use, but 16" is a bit small for that. 

If you want a more comfy ride, just try lowering the tire pressure.

I know the IPS Lhotz was developed for offroad use, but I don't ride it offroad. I like 50 psi, and I've noticed that the Lhotz 2.5" tire at 50 psi is more comfortable than the IPS121 2.125" tire at 50 psi. I think the wheel feels much livelier at this pressure. You get much less cushioning at this pressure though. You feel every bump. However, when I go back to the lower pressure, I find that I definitely prefer the handling at the higher pressure.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:18 PM, Lz Lee said:

I like calling it "offroad muscle scooter"!

What settings can the user adjust with the 30B4 bluetooth app?

7 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I know the IPS Lhotz was developed for offroad use, but I don't ride it offroad. I like 50 psi, and I've noticed that the Lhotz 2.5" tire at 50 psi is more comfortable than the IPS121 2.125" tire at 50 psi. I think the wheel feels much livelier at this pressure. You get much less cushioning at this pressure though. You feel every bump. However, when I go back to the lower pressure, I find that I definitely prefer the handling at the higher pressure.

correct. my T680+ is at 4.0 bar, and my Lhotz 4.2bar but its still has more flex. At lower pressures for my weight (+100kg) the Lohtz tire feels spongy.

On Friday, July 01, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Lz Lee said:

Thank you @Lz Lee however considering that most of the EUC sellers is now offering free shipping from China including covering the import taxes it's possible for the same money to purchase wheels like IPS Zero or Inmotion V5F with much betrer look and name so it will be hard for your offer to attract customers even (or maybe especially) here in forums.

Geekwheel... Lord knows I tried folks... Guess the stickers were already printed...

image.jpg

Some EUC makers might be offering free shipping, but they likely are just lumping the shipping costs into the price.  One problem might be shipping these as one unit as others are shipping the wheel separately from the battery pack.  Even still it sounds like you need the correct paperwork to have the batteries shipped as I'm having issues with a spare 132 wh battery pack I bought from AliEx as it was returned to the shipper, and I still haven't gotten it.  It was shipped from the Netherlands.

I'd be curious to test one out, but shipping is $175 to me.  The EUC price itself is quite reasonable for a heavy duty wheel with a terminal velocity of 30 kph.  I'm sure these will still sell well.  In the US though a Ninebot One E+ is going for $550 with free shipping from Forward California with local warranty service so spending almost as much on a MW wheel might be difficult to justify for some people.

I feel the same as @HEC. Shipping prices need to be cheaper, I also think distribution is needed to cut the costs down.

Others may be cheap but personally I prefer the MicroWorks because I know exactly the components inside the EUC, I can buy any spare part for repair and also I can mod/hack for my needs.

13 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Geekwheel... Lord knows I tried folks... Guess the stickers were already printed...

image.jpg

Some EUC makers might be offering free shipping, but they likely are just lumping the shipping costs into the price.  One problem might be shipping these as one unit as others are shipping the wheel separately from the battery pack.  Even still it sounds like you need the correct paperwork to have the batteries shipped as I'm having issues with a spare 132 wh battery pack I bought from AliEx as it was returned to the shipper, and I still haven't gotten it.  It was shipped from the Netherlands.

I'd be curious to test one out, but shipping is $175 to me.  The EUC price itself is quite reasonable for a heavy duty wheel with a terminal velocity of 30 kph.  I'm sure these will still sell well.  In the US though a Ninebot One E+ is going for $550 with free shipping from Forward California with local warranty service so spending almost as much on a MW wheel might be difficult to justify for some people.

Thanks for your suggestions for brand names.  We still think of all possible names.   Geekwheel is a temporary.  The scooter be cut and more like muscle scooter...

For shipping cost,  we are asking more carriers for product with big batteries cells.    We will adjust to a reasonable range.

thanks again

On 2016/7/2 at 2:34 PM, MaxLinux said:

I like calling it "offroad muscle scooter"!

What settings can the user adjust with the 30B4 bluetooth app?

you can open the APP , and adjust sport mode and soft mode.  

But it is in Chinese now.  I will attached explaining for you.

please email to us.

lee@microworks.cn

I just did finish the Arduino code for a MOD to add RGB LED strip to MicroWorks 30B4 (I guess this "geek" EUC also uses 30B4 board) - that's what I like on MicroWorks and not on other brands were I can't buy all the spare parts of the EUCs:

The Arduino code is here: https://github.com/EGG-electric-unicycle/RGB_LED_bar/blob/master/RGB_led_bar/RGB_led_bar.ino

On 2016/7/3 at 3:57 PM, electric_vehicle_lover said:

I feel the same as @HEC. Shipping prices need to be cheaper, I also think distribution is needed to cut the costs down.

Others may be cheap but personally I prefer the MicroWorks because I know exactly the components inside the EUC, I can buy any spare part for repair and also I can mod/hack for my needs.

yes, shipping cost has been adjusted. It has 3 colors for this EUC. 

If you would like more details, please contact us.  thanks 

@Lz Lee I decided to add some information/note for the ones that may prefer to buy a ready EUC with the same motor/controller board and battery packs as the EGG EUC:

NOTE: if you prefer to buy a ready EUC, you can buy from MicroWorks a model that (may) have the same motor, control board and battery packs: https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Promotional-340-680wh-battery-GEEKWHEEL-DIY_60490047653.html

https://github.com/EGG-electric-unicycle/documentation/wiki

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 3:14 AM, Lz Lee said:

yes, shipping cost has been adjusted. It has 3 colors for this EUC. 

If you would like more details, please contact us.  thanks 

Shipping now went to $170!! @Lz Lee I've contacted you on the email you've mentioned earlier in this thread but I've received any answer from you :(

1 hour ago, HEC said:

Shipping now went to $170!! @Lz Lee I've contacted you on the email you've mentioned earlier in this thread but I've received any answer from you :(

dear hec,

I am sorry,  but i don't find your email.   How about your email address ?  i will email to you.

For shipping cost, i asked some carriers . they quote this prices to us.  But we will continue to find better carriers for shipping.

we will update them later.  thanks for your suggestion.

21 hours ago, electric_vehicle_lover said:

@Lz Lee I decided to add some information/note for the ones that may prefer to buy a ready EUC with the same motor/controller board and battery packs as the EGG EUC:

NOTE: if you prefer to buy a ready EUC, you can buy from MicroWorks a model that (may) have the same motor, control board and battery packs: https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Promotional-340-680wh-battery-GEEKWHEEL-DIY_60490047653.html

https://github.com/EGG-electric-unicycle/documentation/wiki

Many thanks for recommending,  my friend.   

I wonder if the net shipping costs of mailing the shell, motor, pedals, control board, and battery separately would be cheaper.  People would have to assemble it themselves of course, but maybe the total net cost might be cheaper?  I do notice the shipping cost to me is now better at $140, but say you shipped the shell, control board, and pedals in one shipment, the motor in another, and the battery separately whether it would cost any less?

@electric_vehicle_lover do you think you could build a 3D printed case for this 22 inch electric motor?

http://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hot-sale-brushless-motor-electric-22_60238312968.html

4 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I wonder if the net shipping costs of mailing the shell, motor, pedals, control board, and battery separately would be cheaper.  People would have to assemble it themselves of course, but maybe the total net cost might be cheaper?  I do notice the shipping cost to me is now better at $140, but say you shipped the shell, control board, and pedals in one shipment, the motor in another, and the battery separately whether it would cost any less?

@electric_vehicle_lover do you think you could build a 3D printed case for this 22 inch electric motor?

http://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hot-sale-brushless-motor-electric-22_60238312968.html

Thanks for your suggestion.  We think that the battery pack as one parcel,  the scooter as another parcel. 

It is best for 2 parcels for shipping in usual.  Delivery time is good ( 4-7 days but expensive).   Shipping cost as you saw on alibaba.

We are also finding another carriers ( mode:  air freight + local express delivery )  delivery time about 10-15 days.    Maybe will be cheaper.

I will post it here later when i find a cheaper shipping cost.

5 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Sure!! EGG EUC design is modular.

Let's see: that motor may have the same axle distance, so no need to change the design here (the handle printed part should be the same as long the axle distance is the same).
The motor/wheel is 22'' instead of the 14'', so the tread rods need to bigger. The side printed parts for the battery and electronic board don't need to change, however I would print some part just to protect the led to not touch on the wheel - this part can be another box for extra battery pack.

I may build and EGG EUC for a 18'' motor, if I found it and the board.

Archived