2.5" tyre 14" electric unicycle 30 km/h high speed with Bluetooth App

Lz Lee

2 hours ago, Lz Lee said:

Thanks for your suggestion.  We think that the battery pack as one parcel,  the scooter as another parcel. 

It is best for 2 parcels for shipping in usual.  Delivery time is good ( 4-7 days but expensive).   Shipping cost as you saw on alibaba.

We are also finding another carriers ( mode:  air freight + local express delivery )  delivery time about 10-15 days.    Maybe will be cheaper.

I will post it here later when i find a cheaper shipping cost.

I think that's the way to go. Most people would not mind to wait a bit longer in exchange for much more affordable shipping cost and as the battery is the only bit making the whole shipping classified as "Dangerous Goods" (class 9?) it's wise to ship it separately in it's own small and light parcel to decrease the cost and rest of the EUC can be shipped by any carrier as it's not requiring special handling and it's most of the weight of the whole set. Putting in the battery is not that difficult.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@electric_vehicle_lover That would be cool if you could make a 16", 18", or 22" to compare and have as an option to the more expensive brand name ones.  I wonder if the larger diameter wheel would be difficult to turn.  People seem to do alright on the 18", but they just need to modify their technique.  There's that one guy on the board that has a custom 23" or 26" wheel modified from a KS18 I think.

Will they sell you these in smaller quantities?

http://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Shock-price-brushless-motor-18-inch_60238419422.html

http://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/2015-New-Products-brushless-motor-16_60237639861.html

I wish there was more of a market for some nice EUC shell casings.

@Rein-tech 为毛不能回复 translates to "For the hair can not reply" according to Google Translate. :wacko:  Could you expand on that?

On 6/24/2016 at 8:01 PM, Lz Lee said:

New 14" Modified  wider tyre, more comfortable 

Microworks production

IMG_1524.JPG

IMG_1529.JPG

IMG_1536.JPG

Hi Lz Lee. Where can I buy those pedals and hangers? It seems they are not on any of your sites only the standard style.

How can you tell those motors aren't for EUCs?  On the 18 inch wheel, it even states it is for electric unicycles, and comparing it closely to the KS18 in some of Bryan Well's videos the tire rim support tabs look identical in design.  I thought this motor was the same one in the KS18's?  Are they just using the same rim adapter?   I'm just curious as to how you can tell as the specs don't seem to reveal very much.

Also with the 16" motor, it has what appears to be the same plug as on the Ninebot as seen in this video, but the motor covers are a different shape.

6 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

@electric_vehicle_lover That would be cool if you could make a 16", 18", or 22" to compare and have as an option to the more expensive brand name ones.  I wonder if the larger diameter wheel would be difficult to turn.  People seem to do alright on the 18", but they just need to modify their technique.  There's that one guy on the board that has a custom 23" or 26" wheel modified from a KS18 I think.

Will they sell you these in smaller quantities?

http://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Shock-price-brushless-motor-18-inch_60238419422.html

http://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/2015-New-Products-brushless-motor-16_60237639861.html

I wish there was more of a market for some nice EUC shell casings.

@Rein-tech 为毛不能回复 translates to "For the hair can not reply" according to Google Translate. :wacko:  Could you expand on that?

These motors in the links can't use on EUC/  Yes, if same torque, larger outer diameter  is more difficult. 

Generally, large size motor would be larger power. for example 1000W or 1500W.

Balancing portable and riding easy,  how much size EUC's users like ?  18" / 20"  or..22"  or another...

Generally, Chinese people like 14/16/18 " wheel.

I'm pretty happy with my 16" Ninebot One E+.  It's a good balance of size and capability over bumps.  I had a generic 14" wheel before, and it would crash going over some bumps whereas the 16" can handle most road conditions.  Some taller / larger people like the 18" wheel, and they find they can turn just as well on it.  I think with the Ninebot A1/S2 14" wheel it's lighter so it's easier to carry around.  Lugging around the Ninebot One E+ is not fun.

Overall I think most likely the majority of riders use a 14" wheel with a 16" coming in pretty close.  The 18" is less common I think, but I hear it is good for long distance riding.  Only one person I know has a larger wheel - I think it's 23 or 26", but it was custom made from a KingSong KS18.  That one just looks too large to be useful around pedestrians.  A 20" or 22" wheel might be interesting, but I don't know how big of a market there would be for it.  It's sort of like comparing BMX wheel sizes to 10 speed bicycle wheel sizes.  The smaller wheel is pretty versatile, but for cruising longer distances a bigger wheel can be more convenient.

Do you think MicroWorks will be producing a 16" wheel or a 18" wheel for the DIY user in the future?  Who designs your electric motors?  I always wondered whether it was possible to add magnets to the motor cover shells to add additional coils or make an electric motor with two sets of magnets on the outer rim instead of one set.  That way you could have two sets of wire coils to increase the torque?  The tire width could be the same. Or wider magnets and larger sized coils?  It would just be the motor housing that would be wider.

EDIT:  Also, regarding your Geekwheel, I wonder whether your company would consider sending a sample unit to our local electronics and EUC enthusiast @esaj to test out.  If you've followed any of his posts you would see that he's quite an avid electronics guru with a great interest in these EUCs.  Unfortunately his Firewheel is out of commission for the time being pending some custom modifications.  It would be very good publicity for your wheel if you had one of the more prominent forum members test it out and give a review about it in exchange for a free wheel.  He could do some long term endurance testing and evaluate the wheel over time as well as suggest modifications.  As long as you understand that it would be an unbiased review with good and bad points written about in detail, I think the exposure would be worth the small investment.

For GEEKWHEEL with  14" x 2.5" tyre, ship to Euro countries,  for example: Portugal 148 USD include import tax.  France 142 USD..  

If someone interests in , please tell us your countries name.  We will quote for you.  thank you :)

lee@microworks.cn

10 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

EDIT:  Also, regarding your Geekwheel, I wonder whether your company would consider sending a sample unit to our local electronics and EUC enthusiast @esaj to test out.  If you've followed any of his posts you would see that he's quite an avid electronics guru with a great interest in these EUCs.  Unfortunately his Firewheel is out of commission for the time being pending some custom modifications.  It would be very good publicity for your wheel if you had one of the more prominent forum members test it out and give a review about it in exchange for a free wheel.  He could do some long term endurance testing and evaluate the wheel over time as well as suggest modifications.  As long as you understand that it would be an unbiased review with good and bad points written about in detail, I think the exposure would be worth the small investment.

While I'd definitely be interested in this, I want to make one thing clear: I'm not an avid electronics guru. :D  While for a pure "layman", the things I've done might seem complicated (I don't mean the battery voltage meter I posted in the mods, that's pretty much as basic as it gets, but the stuff I've written about in the offtopic-section), they're actually still fairly simple circuits, and I still sometimes stumble over even on the basics  :rolleyes:   While I did have some (basic) electricity/electronics schooling (on a 2nd level school, ie. vocational school, not at polytechnic/university level, I studied software engineering in polytechnic), it's been a well over a decade, I didn't do much any electronics since, and have forgotten most of what I learned back then.

I started researching the batteries and motors since last summer, and got "back" (starting from almost zero, or at least that's what it felt like :D) to electronics around last November. While I have certainly advanced with it, a real electronics engineer fresh out of a polytechnic will know and understand far more than I do currently. Maybe in a few years (if my interest keeps up ;)), I'll be at the same "level", becoming an expert or guru will likely take a few decades :P. Also I've forgotten more advanced engineering maths (like differential equations etc.), as in software-side the most complicated maths I've needed is fairly simple 3d-transformations and such, so I struggle with the more advanced literature, trying to understand transfer functions, differential matrices, doing and reading Bode-plots etc :P

10 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I'm pretty happy with my 16" Ninebot One E+.  It's a good balance of size and capability over bumps.  I had a generic 14" wheel before, and it would crash going over some bumps whereas the 16" can handle most road conditions.  Some taller / larger people like the 18" wheel, and they find they can turn just as well on it.  I think with the Ninebot A1/S2 14" wheel it's lighter so it's easier to carry around.  Lugging around the Ninebot One E+ is not fun.

Overall I think most likely the majority of riders use a 14" wheel with a 16" coming in pretty close.  The 18" is less common I think, but I hear it is good for long distance riding.  Only one person I know has a larger wheel - I think it's 23 or 26", but it was custom made from a KingSong KS18.  That one just looks too large to be useful around pedestrians.  A 20" or 22" wheel might be interesting, but I don't know how big of a market there would be for it.  It's sort of like comparing BMX wheel sizes to 10 speed bicycle wheel sizes.  The smaller wheel is pretty versatile, but for cruising longer distances a bigger wheel can be more convenient.

Do you think MicroWorks will be producing a 16" wheel or a 18" wheel for the DIY user in the future?  Who designs your electric motors?  I always wondered whether it was possible to add magnets to the motor cover shells to add additional coils or make an electric motor with two sets of magnets on the outer rim instead of one set.  That way you could have two sets of wire coils to increase the torque?  The tire width could be the same.  It would just be the motor housing that would be wider.

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove

we planed to develop 18" wheel  and use controller 40A.  For motor supplier, we are searching best technical motors factory.  The powerful motor is a guaranteed for off-road.

I will tell our engineers about your suggestion of the motor. Torque is a very important parameter for the motor. Thank you very much

We are thinking of sending our new controllers to customers or senior users. Contorller 40A/30C is being prepared in our factory. 

@esaj   While i read your post and essay, They are very professional and big useful to EUC users. If you have interest in, you can become our first batch users for new controllers. Thank you

17 hours ago, Lz Lee said:

We are thinking of sending our new controllers to customers or senior users. Contorller 40A/30C is being prepared in our factory. 

@Lz Lee I would love to get your new boards - I own the 500W 30km/h motor so I would like to get the new boards for it. Can you please tell us what are the planned improvements for the new 30C version?

I just added information about the Bluetooth app for this wheel/30B4 control board of MicroWorks:

Read more here: https://github.com/EGG-electric-unicycle/documentation/wiki#Mobile_Bluetooth_app

Mobile Bluetooth app

You can download the Android app here: GotWay3.4.51-English_edition.apk

Main features of the app:

• Horizontal calibration of the wheel
  • 3 riding modes: Madden, Comfort and Soft
  • Real time battery state, speed, trip distance, battery voltage, motor current and control board temperature
  • Android phone vibration after a specific limit speed (very useful!)
  • Beep the EUC buzzer

Screenshots:
GotWay3.4.51-English_edition-1.png

GotWay3.4.51-English_edition-2.png

GotWay3.4.51-English_edition-3.png

GotWay3.4.51-English_edition-4.png

18 hours ago, electric_vehicle_lover said:

I just added information about the Bluetooth app for this wheel/30B4 control board of MicroWorks:

Read more here: https://github.com/EGG-electric-unicycle/documentation/wiki#Mobile_Bluetooth_app

Mobile Bluetooth app

You can download the Android app here: GotWay3.4.51-English_edition.apk

Main features of the app:

• Horizontal calibration of the wheel
  • 3 riding modes: Madden, Comfort and Soft
  • Real time battery state, speed, trip distance, battery voltage, motor current and control board temperature
  • Android phone vibration after a specific limit speed (very useful!)
  • Beep the EUC buzzer

Screenshots:

You are great ! my friend.   Can you write the APP sourcing programmings ?

On 2016/7/13 at 4:16 AM, Sidestreet Reny said:

Hi Lz Lee. Where can I buy those pedals and hangers? It seems they are not on any of your sites only the standard style.

We tested this pedals, It has a little defects. It can't make foot anti-skip while riding a turn.  ( the stripe height is not enough)

4 minutes ago, Lz Lee said:

We tested this pedals, It has a little defects. It can't make foot anti-skip while riding a turn.  ( the stripe height is not enough)

Is that because of the grooves on top of pedals? Or is it because the pitch angle of the pedal is to flat? Do you still sell that set with the hangers, or have you redesigned them already?

3 hours ago, Lz Lee said:

You are great ! my friend.   Can you write the APP sourcing programmings ?

The app seems very simples. I already talked with my girlfriend and maybe she can develop one app just like but OpenSource. The only OpenSource app is the one made by @esaj but is more a technical, not good for a non technical final user.

I would like to make the OpenSource firmware and OpenSource app.

On 2016/7/15 at 1:47 PM, electric_vehicle_lover said:

The app seems very simples. I already talked with my girlfriend and maybe she can develop one app just like but OpenSource. The only OpenSource app is the one made by @esaj but is more a technical, not good for a non technical final user.

I would like to make the OpenSource firmware and OpenSource app.

You are appreciated... Opensource app for generic users is very good. 

We are also preparing New app. 

My girlfriend is starting to look at wheelemetrcis OpenSource app done by @esaj but she will make one more simple for final users, not to much technical. The idea is to make one app to configure MicroWorks 30B4 in the hope that will also work with 30C and future boards. Any OpenSource firmware may follow the same commands and will be compatible. I want to extend to configure the RGB LED strip :-) 

1 hour ago, Lz Lee said:

You are appreciated... Opensource app for generic users is very good. 

We are also preparing New app. 

If we paid for development could you make us a unicycle module with open firmware so hobbyists can make many different unicycles? Just a small PCB with MCU + gyro and connections needed for unicycles. The main thing is so user could reprogram it for different voltages, current ratings, wheel sizes and other things. I tried a few other companies but they didn't have unicycle experience.

2 hours ago, lizardmech said:

If we paid for development could you make us a unicycle module with open firmware so hobbyists can make many different unicycles? Just a small PCB with MCU + gyro and connections needed for unicycles. The main thing is so user could reprogram it for different voltages, current ratings, wheel sizes and other things. I tried a few other companies but they didn't have unicycle experience.

Firstly, we can develop controller with any size motor and different output voltage.   But we can't make it with open firmware. ( because of bussiness reason .  if do, our domestic customers also kill us..hehehe...:))      please understanding ....

11 minutes ago, Lz Lee said:

Firstly, we can develop controller with any size motor and different output voltage.   But we can't make it with open firmware. ( because of bussiness reason .  if do, our domestic also kill us..hehehe...:))      please understanding ....

Fair enough, what about one that has closed firmware but has the main variables written to flash memory and a built in motor profiler like the MCU companies supply? For example it would have an xml file with current sense ratio, voltage divider ratio, what RPM speed alert occurs, low battery voltage level and basic things. Users could change via USB or bluetooth app and firmware would still be safe.

Archived