20 minutes ago, Scully said:

Thanks all. 

Using Dennis's Apple instructions I was able to view the text (when you test it by going to a website).... But when I opened the app it would crash and not ipdate the software. I then chose to use Alexanders server (rather than my own) and it worked first time. 

Thanks again!

Wellcome back enjoying v1.1.7 Scully ;)

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

je suis très très content nous avons une super communauté de propriétaires de MINI ici, beaucoup de personnes solidaires , et la chance d'avoir des professionnels de la programmation

I am very happy we have a great community of MINI owners here, a lot of supportive people, and the chance to have programming professionals

Я очень рад, что мы имеем большое сообщество владельцев MINI здесь, много поддерживающих людей, и возможность иметь программирования профессионалов

Estoy muy feliz de que tenemos una gran comunidad de propietarios MINI aquí, una gran cantidad de gente de apoyo, y la posibilidad de contar con profesionales de programación

BUT PLEASE HELP ME WITH GOOGLE TRANSLATE :wacko::blink::unsure:

2 hours ago, Alex Markin said:

Dear Zugu!

i totally understand you )

My friend Alexander on a page 6 of this topic described his method which is much more user-friendly than method of Dennis (in fact this the same idea, but in Alexander's case he did all the job for you ))

If you are not a paranoid, you can use this method, like i did or Alexander did or several other guys from here. It took me about 5 minutes and android smartphone

In short, steps are:

0) get android smartphone (hardest part))

1) connect to your wifi and open wifi settings of android

2) long tap on your Wifi - network that you are connected to and choose "Manage network settings" 

3) in IP Settings choose "Static" and fill 107.170.15.247 in both DNS fields

4) launch your ninebot App and you find that you can install firmware update 1.3.0 (which is 1.1.7 actually)

thats it

after firmware install you get 1.1.7 firmware back and your only problem will be NOT to agree with app to install this damned 1.2.8 again ))

P.S. i found this speculations that Alexander can BRICK your ninebot or fill a BAD firmware to you a little offending )

anyways it's up to you to trust me and spare yourself some time  or do all the job with your own hands (which is i respect tota))

We are all here in the same boat and our only intention was to help, not to profit from this somehow ((

Hi, thanks but don't work for me..

Done all the steps but the app still say I have the latest firmware and still be on1.28, shit

5 minutes ago, zugu said:

Done all the steps but the app still say I have the latest firmware and still be on1.28, shit

have you all your data saved code password etc?

you can erase apk ninebot uninstall and re install

or you can try with old apk version

HISTORIQUE DES VERSIONS

REGISTRO DE ACTUALIZACIÓN DEL APP

APP UPDATE RECORD

NINEBOT V 3.5.1

NINEBOT V 3.4.1

NINEBOT V 3.4.0

NINEBOT V 3.3.1

NINEDROID V 2.0

NINEDROID V 1.3

36 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

have you all your data saved code password etc?

you can erase apk ninebot uninstall and re install

or you can try with old apk version

HISTORIQUE DES VERSIONS

REGISTRO DE ACTUALIZACIÓN DEL APP

APP UPDATE RECORD

NINEBOT V 3.5.1

NINEBOT V 3.4.1

NINEBOT V 3.4.0

NINEBOT V 3.3.1

NINEDROID V 2.0

NINEDROID V 1.3

Erased cache and data, no success

Unistall and reinstalled apk V.3.5.1 , no success. ..

Still say I'm using latest firmware and still stuck on 1.28.....

41 minutes ago, zugu said:

this means that the smartphone with ninebot app is using NOT a 107.170.15.247 as a DNS

I must clarify: you must change DNS on the SAME smartphone that you are use with ninebot app  

Issues can be a DNS cache if you use iPhone ( i used android for flashing in my case)

4 minutes ago, zugu said:

Erased cache and data, no success

Unistall and reinstalled apk V.3.5.1 , no success. ..

Still say I'm using latest firmware and still stuck on 1.28.....

me yesterday i need fill the 2 dns the dn1 and the dn2 because with only one dn1 doesnt work, second time it have worked

3 minutes ago, Alex Markin said:

and yes, one must fill BOTH DNS fields with 107.170.15.247 

Both filled with 107.170.15.247 and YES this connection is on the smartphone that have Ninebot app installed. ...

Any ideas ???

5 minutes ago, zugu said:

Both filled with 107.170.15.247 and YES this connection is on the smartphone that have Ninebot app installed. ...

Any ideas ???

hmmmm...

did you try to turn cellular OFF - to only let your smartphone one option - use the Wi-Fi with modified DNS as a connection?

did you tried to reboot phone?

try to use ANOTHER wifi-network (in my case my office wifi works really bad and i flash first mini after numerous tries, but from home i flashed second mini with first try)

7 minutes ago, zugu said:

Any ideas ???

REBOOT PHONE

TURN ON MINI AFTER LAUNCH APK

13 minutes ago, zugu said:

Any ideas ???

3G/4G not activate only wifi.....

Thanks to ALL !!!  SOLVED! !

The problem was in an almost hidden parameter setting of my Vodafone Station Revolution router under Firewall,  Secure DNS set to ON that voided to get the right connection to the wanted DNS....

Now I'm back to 1.17 thanks ;)

Another thing, why in the app under Basic Information in Current Working Mode I'm in Assistance Mode ???? It was always in this mode ??? 

3 minutes ago, zugu said:

Another thing, why in the app under Basic Information in Current Working Mode I'm in Assistance Mode ???? It was always in this mode ??? 

I believe it means "you are not riding it at the moment " and yes it always was like that) 

So CONGRATS! 

1 hour ago, Alex Markin said:

I believe it means "you are not riding it at the moment " and yes it always was like that) 

So CONGRATS! 

Thanks ;)

I thought instead it was like a diagnostic state ( like services,  assistance ) and start to worry a bit... LOL.... ;)

3 hours ago, zugu said:

Thanks to ALL !!!  SOLVED! !

The problem was in an almost hidden parameter setting of my Vodafone Station Revolution router under Firewall,  Secure DNS set to ON that voided to get the right connection to the wanted DNS....

Now I'm back to 1.17 thanks ;)

Can you write me the model of your router, your country and where you found this setting on your router? I'll put this Information on the downgrade page

2 hours ago, Denniss said:

Can you write me the model of your router, your country and where you found this setting on your router? I'll put this Information on the downgrade page

Sure

Vodafone Station Revolution 

Versione
ADB 963168_ADBVOX25

Country   ITALY

ADVANCED / FIREWALL  --  Secure DNS    

MUST BE Set to OFF and Save the Setting

After the Downgrade set back to ON

Mega thanks for this fix and worked like a charm!  One extra tip for some - Downloaded one of the free DNS changer apps from the Android Store as my phone didn't allow DNS changes within the settings (Save button stays grayed out.  New phone and didn't want to root).

Hi everyone. I downgraded to 1.1.7 yesterday and everything was awesome. Smoother and faster ride, no irritating beeping when riding at 16km/h etc. But today when I took my Mini for a ride it suddenly started beeping and just tipped over, so I had to jump off. I didn't think of it very much so I got on and continued. Then maybe 100 meters later it did the same thing, just stopped balancing and tipped forward. I fell pretty bad and had to return home. On my way home, the same thing happened. It stopped balancing. 

I have tested a bit now and even when I ride it at very slow speeds it sometimes beeps and turns off balancing for maybe 1 second and then re-engages.  

Has anyone else experienced this since downgrading? I did not have this before, and I have used it for a distance of 120 km. 

Firmware 1.1.7
BMS 1.1.3 

56 minutes ago, landrosov said:

Hi everyone. I downgraded to 1.1.7 yesterday and everything was awesome. Smoother and faster ride, no irritating beeping when riding at 16km/h etc. But today when I took my Mini for a ride it suddenly started beeping and just tipped over, so I had to jump off. I didn't think of it very much so I got on and continued. Then maybe 100 meters later it did the same thing, just stopped balancing and tipped forward. I fell pretty bad and had to return home. On my way home, the same thing happened. It stopped balancing. 

I have tested a bit now and even when I ride it at very slow speeds it sometimes beeps and turns off balancing for maybe 1 second and then re-engages.  

Has anyone else experienced this since downgrading? I did not have this before, and I have used it for a distance of 120 km. 

Firmware 1.1.7
BMS 1.1.3 

Hi

nope, i have no such issues..

there was only one time when my mini pro lost balance - it was after downgrade and there was about 3 miles left on battery and i was VERY slowly climb on a hill (there was very slow-walking people in front of me) so at the top of climbing i start waving my arms and probably somehow  legs so my Mini Pro start to loose balance, i jumped off safely, my mini drove away. But after that i get on it and continue my ride, there was no such accidents and i ride ALOT. My wife have no issues at all (her mini pro was downgraded also)

So i believe this is not the case

1 hour ago, landrosov said:

Firmware 1.1.7
BMS 1.1.3 

hello

try with other setting>>restore to factory setting

3 minutes ago, Denniss2 said:

50+ km riding after the downgrade, no problems at all. Had a mini drove away a few days after i purchased it on a hill too. But this was with the original firmware I purchased it with.

hum....Me too i have BMS VERSION 1.1.3 and must be 1.0.3 with firmware 117

22 minutes ago, Alex Markin said:

Hi

nope, i have no such issues..

there was only one time when my mini pro lost balance - it was after downgrade and there was about 3 miles left on battery and i was VERY slowly climb on a hill (there was very slow-walking people in front of me) so at the top of climbing i start waving my arms and probably somehow  legs so my Mini Pro start to loose balance, i jumped off safely, my mini drove away. But after that i get on it and continue my ride, there was no such accidents and i ride ALOT. My wife have no issues at all (her mini pro was downgraded also)

So i believe this is not the case

did you restore to factory settings after downgrade? me i did because i ear bad noise at my right wheel,,,,, but you know im not really good tech....

Archived