45 minutes ago, Cardinale Luca Konnichiwa said:

Didn't get my Mini yet... and already issues on the go... :/

Btw... guys... here I have found some guys in China trying to downgrade the fw... http://bbs.ninebot.cn/thread-10497-2-1.html

In particular https://github.com/coregear/ninebot9_mini-Downgrading

If someone wants to contact Coregear for info, please keep up to date this thread with eventual results.

Arigato gozaimashita Amigo 

Thanks for the link

When you receive your mini dont accept firmware updating in message tap on cancel

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap, today I tried going backwards, and it damn near did a 45° tilt the whole time! Shit! And the damn app killed my phone battery was at 100% and with in four hours time, just sitting in my pocket went to 1% and shutdown...this is the sixth time, since installing on phoneo it did this!

10 hours ago, Denniss said:

I've written a coment to this german site:

http://www.motorradonline.de/vermischtes/ninebot-mini-pro-320-im-test/721138

Maybe someone speaking german can write there to.

I don't think that downgrading will brick it. But to be save I'll collect some bitcoins from you :)

GOOD MORNING WORLD :)

what do you think about COREGEAR downgrade method ? New firmware 1.2.9 is official or it's renaming 1.2 8? (logical numerous name is 1.1.7/1.2.8/1.3.9/1....)

6 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

what do you think about COREGEAR downgrade method ? New firmware 1.2.9 is official or it's renaming 1.2 8? (logical numerous name is 1.1.7/1.2.8/1.3.9/1....)

Can you please post the link to the thread? Thanks

2 hours ago, Cardinale Luca Konnichiwa said:

Didn't get my Mini yet... and already issues on the go... :/

Btw... guys... here I have found some guys in China trying to downgrade the fw... http://bbs.ninebot.cn/thread-10497-2-1.html

In particular https://github.com/coregear/ninebot9_mini-Downgrading

If someone wants to contact Coregear for info, please keep up to date this thread with eventual results.

Hello Stefanoda

it's here, page 3 at the end of the page post from CARDINALE LUCA KONNICHIWA ;)

1 hour ago, jojo33 said:

Ninebot is working internal on the 1.3.0. There are configuration files on their update server.
http://apptest.ninebot.cn/appversion/appdownload/NinebotMini/version.json
{"NormalVersion":
    {
        "CtrlVersionCode":["0128","49992"],
        "BleVersionCode":["0104","25164"],
        "BmsVersionCode":["0113","13359"]
    },
"TestVersion":
    {
        "CtrlVersionCode":["0130","50500"],
        "BleVersionCode":["0104","25164"],
        "BmsVersionCode":["0113","13359"]
    },
"TestDevice":
    [{"serial":"N3MEA1501A0002","id":"0","name":"haley"},
     {"serial":"11961/10037019","id":"0","name":"haley"},
     {"serial":"N3MPG1616T0582","id":"0","name":"haley"},
     {"serial":"11960/10116427","id":"0","name":"haley"}]

}

What I see from COREGEAR ist nothing more than a network trace, same thing as I did.

More than a direct downgrade I think what we all would love to have is the option to flash whatever firmware we choose, much like we do on android smartphones.. so a flashing app not tied to ninebot site and zip firmware would be the perfect solution in my opinion.. this way we can experiment with new firmware and then flash back to whatever we decide is more appropriate for our mini..

27 minutes ago, Denniss said:

Does someone know how contact coregear?
I've have a few questions to him, especial what he did with the 1.2.9

I find his email I send him invitation here

Few minutes I give you émail 

coregear@163.com

35 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

I find his email I send him invitation here

Few minutes I give you émail 

coregear@163.com

Thank you!

I've written an email to him, when he gives me a positive answer to my questions and his 1.2.9 is working like the 1.1.7 I'll release an easy downgrade package within a few hours.

5 minutes ago, Denniss said:

Thank you!

I've written an email to him, when he gives me a positive answer to my questions and his 1.2.9 is working like the 1.1.7 I'll release an easy downgrade package within a few hours.

TOP!! see if you can include the possibility to select which firmware to flash to the mini..

Guys? SUCCESS!!! I'm back on 1.1.7!!!

No reply von coregear until now, so I decided to give my ideas a chance. Sweating like hell during the update (downgrade) process :) The 1.2.9 is not needed, i was going with the original 1.1.7

Fu Ninebot :)

Now i have to pack things together and write a short documentation. Maybe a few testers are needed before things go public. I'll give my best to have a pakage ready before the weekend.

what do you think?

Release of V1.2.7 and V1.2.8 were very nearby in the time (13 may-24 may)

V1.2.8 bring only 1/"ADJUST THE LIMIT SPEED AND ALARM THRESHOLD BASED ON USER's FEED BACK" (someone who had an accident and have a good advocate)

V 1.2.8
(BAD)
SORTIE/LANZAMIENTO/RELEASE
24/05/2016

V 1.2.7
(good? i think yes except with backward biping; because with only 4 km remaining mileage my speed was up to 14km/h, before with v1.1.7 with 12km remaining mileage speed was limited to 12km/h)
SORTIE/LANZAMIENTO/RELEASE
13/05/2016

Screenshot_2016-05-25-23-26-55.jpg

Screenshot_2016-05-25-23-27-05.jpg

If you have an android phone or tablet, make an apk backup of the current Ninebot software (please google how to do it). I don't think, Apple has something similar.

At the moment its possible to go to any firmware you want (if we have the files), but we need the current Ninebot app. Maybe Ninebot / Segway will be pissed off and change the Update process. It seems that the Ninebot itself has no procedure to check the update, all is done thru the app. The update process is very primitive at the moment (luck for us) but I see also security risks in it. I'm not a very good programmer but the update process looks like it was programmed by some students in their first year at University.

We will have our loved Ninebot back, but I don't trust Ninebot / Segway after this story. Please don't stop to post bad (true) reviews until they will give the old performance / features back with a new firmware.

I'm nearly done with the downgrade package and the documentation, but for now I'll enjoy a glass of wine and will smile about Ninebot / Segway. I promise that the downgrade package will be available at least at 18:00 Europen summer time tomorrow.

We need to inform our chinese friends about the downgrade. Is someone from china or has contacts to them?

jojo33 you will post in the french forum?

How can we inform our spanish Ninebot friends?

For the documentation, it would be good if some native english speaking people will have a look over it. I think my english is horrible 25 years after school :)

For the downgrade you will need:

A Windows PC

A Home Network where your Windows PC and your Mobile Device are online.

If someone is using Linux, she or he will be able to adopt this. Even an online service for downgrade is possible. Then the downgrade will be as easy as put a BluRay-Disc into your player.

Have a good night!

3 hours ago, Denniss said:

No reply von coregear until now, so I decided to give my ideas a chance. Sweating like hell during the update (downgrade) process :) The 1.2.9 is not needed, i was going with the original 1.1.7

Now i have to pack things together and write a short documentation. Maybe a few testers are needed before things go public. I'll give my best to have a pakage ready before the weekend.

Nice job. :bravo-2:

1 hour ago, Denniss said:

If you have an android phone or tablet, make an apk backup of the current Ninebot software (please google how to do it). I don't think, Apple has something similar.

At the moment its possible to go to any firmware you want (if we have the files), but we need the current Ninebot app.

Just in case someone would need those versions: Ninebot APP 3.5.0 and 3.5.1

Confusion =

When I begin this topic " Mini dont upgrade ..." I talk about V 128 issues

There are few time only 11 days between the 2 firmware released V 127 & V128,

Me I pass directly from 117 to 128 and I thought global issues are from V 128, like much people over the world Who never received 127 and probably th ought problems all came from  V128

But in reality, I'm just looking for second time V 127 Firmware description (see picture last post )

More issues are from this version I think , well tomorrow I will be the next Xiaomi mini's owner to downgrade to V 117

Thank You again for your Work Denniss 

Thank you to all members who join us in this thread

and thank you to understand that I spoke English Very very bad ?????

8 hours ago, Denniss said:

You're champion Deniss! First real sense of hope for getting our NBs back to where they were before those idiots screwed it up.

FU NB-SW!!

Now... onto trying the downgrade...

52 minutes ago, Oli said:

After we got the downgrade working, it would be cool to have a reverse engineered firmware where we could change all parameters like max speed e.t.a ourself :D

I have tried simple shot with Binwalk... but is unable to identify Bootloader, Filesystem, etc.

With strings... I see...

NinebotMini0001

11961/10000381
11960/10009310
11960/10005565
11960/10007178
11960/10001124
11961/10002670
11960/10003011
11961/10000763
11960/10006936
11960/19999902
11960/10009957
11961/10001818
N3MPA1313A0518
11960/10008199
11960/10003288

Does someone have an idea of what MCU has installed the Ninebot?
Anyone with HQ photos of the mainboard PCB?

OK Guys,

here is the downgrade pack with an documentation how to do it.

Good Luck!

DOWNGRADE ISSUES WITH ANDROID:
- After you change the DNS Server on your Android Device please reboot your device, then open the Ninebot App for the Downgrade

DOWNGRADE ISSUES WITH IOS:
- Completely close the Ninebot app (kill the task)
- Change the DNS Settings in IOS to your Server
- Enable Flight Mode(this will wipe the DNS cache)
- Disable Flight Mode

Open Ninebot App, it should now see the new 1.3.0 Firmware.

Denniss aka Ninehood :-)

9BDgrader.rar

Let's assume that Ninebot releases a new firmware with version v1.3.0 where these issues have been fixed and which is overall better than v1.1.7.

Will the app now skip the official v1.3.0 as that version has already been installed?

Archived