MCM or ACM

Supersmi

Hi Guys,

I've been very happy with my IPS Zero 14inch 340 Wh but would like to have something with some extra power/speed.
Therefore I'm hesitating between the Gotway ACM and MCM HS.

The ACM is the new stallion of Gotway and is very promising but is on it's first revision and may still have some small issues. 
The MCM has a proven track record.

My working theory is that since I already have a 14 inch wheel, maybe I should switch to a 16 inch wheel. Especially since the ACM has a smaller body then the MCM.
I think they are comparable on speed level, but the ACM should have some extra torque 

What would be your opinion? 

36 minutes ago, Supersmi said:

Hi Guys,

I've been very happy with my IPS Zero 14inch 340 Wh but would like to have something with some extra power/speed.

The ACM is the new stallion of Gotway and is very promising but is on it's first revision and may still have some small issues. 
The MCM has a proven track record.

My working theory is that since I already have a 14 inch wheel, maybe I should switch to a 16 inch wheel. Especially since the ACM has a smaller body then the MCM.
I think they are comparable on speed level, but the ACM should have some extra torque 

What would be your opinion? 

Riding a 16" wheel is a lot more comfortable in long journeys and the ACM is much more powerful than the MCM4-HS. So there you go. Wait for another 15-30 days and the minor issues would have been solved. Just hold on a bit and wait for further updates from @Jane Mo.

44 minutes ago, Supersmi said:

@Supersmi You can try mine MCM HS to see how it fits to you, but i agree with @SlowMo the ACM will be better than MCM, just wait for them to polish it up little ;)

I only have some experience with the MCM4 so far, but I believe the ACM is harder to control. I've heard one person complain that it feels like they're not in control. This might just be because of the wheel size and the weight, but it could also be because of the pedals or the padding, either potentially hindering.

When I was looking at the MCM4, I was expecting something a little bit more polished and premium like, which is not to say that I was in any way more than mildly disappointed, as the MCM4 is certainly a great wheel, especially after some modding and customization is done. However the design could certainly do with some refinement, but that's probably just me nitpicking. 

On whether to go with MCM4 or the ACM, right now I'm little bit more lenient on going wtih the MCM4, but I do have high hopes for improvements to be made to the ACM to make it the clear winner here. If it was between the ACM and the yet to be released new MSuper, I'd go with the MSuper because it offers an exceedingly smooth ride. Yet I wouldn't buy the MSuper at release; I'd wait for further improvements to be made, or perhaps wait for some even newer and better model to come out. I'm not exactly itching to buy another wheel just yet, if you know what I mean.

I wonder why more EUCs are not made with stronger materials such as polycarbonate, like the KingSong 14". These EUCs get thrashed all the time, and ABS alone can only put up with so much abuse. 

Just now, jbwheel said:

@Supersmi  Is the ACM really smaller than the MCM with its bigger tyre ? MCM is good for being visible, you have an easy reading of the battery level and it is at least 3-4 kg lighter than the ACM (17kg !).

the ACM is not totally smaller. I think it's thinner (width) then the MCM

On 5/23/2016 at 9:23 AM, Jane Mo said:

it is worth to ride the ACM 16.all problem are solved now.enjoy your riding.

It would be nice to learn which problems specifically have been addressed and what the modifications were to address them. A pointer to where this is documented would be perfect and a great asset to win over customers like us :P

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 2:32 PM, Niko said:

It would be nice to learn which problems specifically have been addressed and what the modifications were to address them. A pointer to where this is documented would be perfect and a great asset to win over customers like us :P

I guess she is talking about the hard breaking instability,  at least with the french version which has a lower speed limit and a different firmware. Issue is solved with a firmware update.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Supersmi said:

The decission has been taken! The ACM has been ordered....the waiting has begun :-)

I think I should buy some protection for this beast as well :-)

I've opted for the ACM too. I am used to a 16" wheel with currently having a Ninebot One E+ and didn't want to go smaller due to some of the terrain I ride but I wanted to be able to travel many more miles which Gotway can do with any of it's wheels and a 820Wh battery BUT the ACM is also it's fastest at the moment and with a tilt back you can manually set it suits me 110% :) 

On ‎26‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 3:06 PM, jbwheel said:

I guess she is talking about the hard breaking instability,  at least with the french version which has a lower speed limit and a different firmware. Issue is solved with a firmware update.

On ‎26‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 8:45 PM, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

They also enlarged the heatsink and redesigned some of the connectors/cables. 

That's right!

The first wheel's needed an Firmware update...which only can be done by registered reseller by a Special Bluetooth Tool...

I doubt the new heatsinks and connectors are in the first Batch anywhere....The bigger heatsinks will be in the 2.batch, if not only third....

8 minutes ago, TremF said:

I've opted for the ACM too. I am used to a 16" wheel with currently having a Ninebot One E+ and didn't want to go smaller due to some of the terrain I ride but I wanted to be able to travel many more miles which Gotway can do with any of it's wheels and a 820Wh battery BUT the ACM is also it's fastest at the moment and with a tilt back you can manually set it suits me 110% :) 

as i know in the Moment there is only a chinese -beta- android Version where you can manualy set the tiltback....but as we all know they are super fast in improving apps for android and even ultrasuper fast for IOS....the same Speed in app developing like KingSong :-)

23 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

as i know in the Moment there is only a chinese -beta- android Version where you can manualy set the tiltback....but as we all know they are super fast in improving apps for android and even ultrasuper fast for IOS....the same Speed in app developing like KingSong :-)

I saw how quickly they released the beta. From what I've read it can be changed to English and everything should be there for setting the tilt speed and beep speeds.

The main thing I'm hoping for is that they make it so that the user can upgrade firmwares as they come available. That's one thing I like my Ninebot for - automatic app or firmware updates.

Hi trem ! 
The ACM 16 is the best experience I had and I already tried NINEBOT One +, MSUPER2, MCM4 V2 HS And even KING SONG KS18a... 
The only thing that you should be aware of is if you are more than 100 Kg... I'm 105Kg and it seems the wheel do not like that and keep breaking down at slow speed as confronted to even the smallest obstacle (while the battery is under 50% or arround) 

I'm still not sure of the real problem and if it is fixable, but I'm pretty sure GOTWAY will take care of it quick! Maybe it only need a stronger set of electronic components on the motherboard... I'll be back to give more news about it... 

9 hours ago, Cyrus Smith said:

Hi trem ! 
The ACM 16 is the best experience I had and I already tried NINEBOT One +, MSUPER2, MCM4 V2 HS And even KING SONG KS18a... 
The only thing that you should be aware of is if you are more than 100 Kg... I'm 105Kg and it seems the wheel do not like that and keep breaking down at slow speed as confronted to even the smallest obstacle (while the battery is under 50% or arround) 

I'm still not sure of the real problem and if it is fixable, but I'm pretty sure GOTWAY will take care of it quick! Maybe it only need a stronger set of electronic components on the motherboard... I'll be back to give more news about it... 

When the wheel load 80% of the max load for it, it will tilt back to stop riders to continue riding. If you keep riding at this moment, it is more likely to burn the main board. Then you will suffer unexpected shut off. It is designed to protect wheelers. You are 105kg and the battery is about 50%, it amost reaches 80% of the max load for the wheel. Better to charge it to full if you want to ride it cross the obstacles and go uphills, or ride it faster. 

Archived