I got my new KS18A

johrhoj

I am so happy. I ordered my new Kingsong 18A 1200W 1360Wh, 2016 model via AliExpress. I had to wait 3 weeks for delivery.

I am living in the Netherlands, and Kingsong has an itermediate in the Netherlands. That is (I think) why I did not pay for customs and had no import-tax. The adapter had the chinese plug on it, but a simple extensions makes it compatible with our system. 

I did not get the code to disable the 20km/h safety, so i had to ride 50km first, which i did the first day (of course). During that time i discovered that the pedals are (indeed) a bit small, but the smooth ride makes up for it.I am wearing shoes with pretty rigid soles. I am not in a hurry to get bigger pedals.  I pumped the tire to 3.5 bars (55 psi). The wheel feels very stable and very safe.

I had to search for the android app, but eventually found one. It has all the functions you expect, including the settings for the alarms on speed. Currently I have set it to one beep at 25 km/h and max at 30 km/h. The first time i reached the 25 km/h speed, it felt really quick. Now i find it a very good cruising speed. On very good bicycle paths (which we have plenty in The Netherlands) i now go 30 km/h. At that speed the wheel feels as solid and stable as at lower speeds.

The wheel is definitely less agile than my previous wheel (Ninebot E+). Doing corners at low speed needs more "work". Driving the KS18 vs the nb is like driving a mercedez vs a vw golf. The bigger wheel diameter makes for even smoother riding. Going slow is no problem at all. I thought the lessened agility would make it harder to go slow, but the stability of the wheel makes going slow easy.

While riding tarmac at cruising speeds, my range is about 80km. This is why I bought the wheel and am very satisfied with the range. It is 10-20 km more than I thought it might be. I am 110kg, without backpack, outdoor closing etc. 80 km is 5 times the range I had on my previous wheel :) 

More good news is the automatic lights. I drove while dark, and the front white light actually makes you see the surface that you ride. The distance you can see well enough made me drive no quicker that 20 km/h though.

There are lots more small advantages I experience in comparison with my other wheel. Stepping on and off is easier. The pump valve is reachable without trouble. The tire gives more grip.

The disadvantages: I will not use the sound system for music. The wheel is much heavier.

No stand. I place it in a corner behind the door, upright, no problem there. When i need to charge, i "drag" it further in. I will probably arrange for a charging spot behind the door sometime soon. 

I tried placing it upright to one wall, but then it is prone to falling over.

@johrhoj The total center of mass when you ride the taller KS-18A is higher than any other EUC model.

Thus, turn with your hips on the taller KS-18A, versus turning with your knees / lower legs on shorter / regular height EUCs.

Embrace the height & weight falling from side to side, with a more exaggerated counterbalancing upper body position, and you'll get quicker turns, albeit not as quick as lighter EUCs.

15 hours ago, johrhoj said:

I am so happy. I ordered my new Kingsong 18A 1200W 1360Wh, 2016 model via AliExpress. I had to wait 3 weeks for delivery.

I am living in the Netherlands, and Kingsong has an itermediate in the Netherlands. That is (I think) why I did not pay for customs and had no import-tax. The adapter had the chinese plug on it, but a simple extensions makes it compatible with our system. 

I did not get the code to disable the 20km/h safety, so i had to ride 50km first, which i did the first day (of course). During that time i discovered that the pedals are (indeed) a bit small, but the smooth ride makes up for it.I am wearing shoes with pretty rigid soles. I am not in a hurry to get bigger pedals.  I pumped the tire to 3.5 bars (55 psi). The wheel feels very stable and very safe.

I had to search for the android app, but eventually found one. It has all the functions you expect, including the settings for the alarms on speed. Currently I have set it to one beep at 25 km/h and max at 30 km/h. The first time i reached the 25 km/h speed, it felt really quick. Now i find it a very good cruising speed. On very good bicycle paths (which we have plenty in The Netherlands) i now go 30 km/h. At that speed the wheel feels as solid and stable as at lower speeds.

The wheel is definitely less agile than my previous wheel (Ninebot E+). Doing corners at low speed needs more "work". Driving the KS18 vs the nb is like driving a mercedez vs a vw golf. The bigger wheel diameter makes for even smoother riding. Going slow is no problem at all. I thought the lessened agility would make it harder to go slow, but the stability of the wheel makes going slow easy.

While riding tarmac at cruising speeds, my range is about 80km. This is why I bought the wheel and am very satisfied with the range. It is 10-20 km more than I thought it might be. I am 110kg, without backpack, outdoor closing etc. 80 km is 5 times the range I had on my previous wheel :) 

More good news is the automatic lights. I drove while dark, and the front white light actually makes you see the surface that you ride. The distance you can see well enough made me drive no quicker that 20 km/h though.

There are lots more small advantages I experience in comparison with my other wheel. Stepping on and off is easier. The pump valve is reachable without trouble. The tire gives more grip.

The disadvantages: I will not use the sound system for music. The wheel is much heavier.

????

if You have The newest android App....the One which Is also for ks16....(Black/Green combination) You should be able to Set it Up to 40 kmh!

sounds like You Are using The old App.....

what Do You mean by KS has an "intermediate" in netherlands????

I do have the newest app. I downloaded it from the electro-sport.de website. It is in German, which is no problem for me. I could not find a Dutch or English version. 

I can set it up for 40km/h. It is just not the speed that I like going. 30 km/h feels like the comfortable limit, and I like the safety margin. It is mostly the fantastic range of 80 km that made me choose this wheel.

Apparently, when I ordered my wheel, Kingsong sent the wheel to me via silktree.nl, a tradehouse specialized in doing business with China, from holland.

My experience exactly.  I ride my 1100(1200)/1360 at least 45 min/day, and rarely have to charge it more than once per week.  I tend to sit on mine, and modified the seat with a bigger cushion.  I love this EUC.

H

@

johrhoj

I got exactly the same one from Aliexpress but I am only able to set it up to 30km/h.  After long time discussing with the seller he said I got the old controler with V1.13
Which Firmware version do you got in yours?

On 17. Mai 2016 at 1:16 AM, MetricUSA said:

I like to know where they put all that battery, in videos of the 680 wh battery, it fills all the space available!

There a on each Side a 340wh pack...thats The First 680wh

then You can put a Giant 680wh pack under The Control Board..:.there Is a Lot Space in The Ks18

in Germany You can get it in a 1508wh version(680 plus 828) 

and You can also buy a external 828wh pack for it....that You have a unbelievable 2336wh ks18a!

seller: 1radwerkstatt

best EUC technican and seller i Know 

14 hours ago, Adlers83 said:

I got exactly the same one from Aliexpress but I am only able to set it up to 30km/h.  After long time discussing with the seller he said I got the old controler with V1.13
Which Firmware version do you got in yours?

I have firmware V1.14

On 25 May 2016 at 4:56 PM, MetricUSA said:

I was 'talking' to this guy on YouTube and he gave his contact for his 1360 beast...

See yt comments...

Whassup houseofjob. I'm in Bermuda and am looking to buy a KS18. I currently ride a Ninebot (I'm the only person in Bermuda who rides an EUC) ..Can you share where the guy in the vid got his KS18 from?

Thanks ... Mike

1 hour ago, MikeSwan said:

Whassup houseofjob. I'm in Bermuda and am looking to buy a KS18. I currently ride a Ninebot (I'm the only person in Bermuda who rides an EUC) ..Can you share where the guy in the vid got his KS18 from?

Thanks ... Mike

@MikeSwan I believe he says his is direct from KingSong via Sarah (sarah@szkingsong.com). @tinawong (tina@szkingsong.com) is also a main contact @ KS.

The Chinese 1200W KS-18A is also sold via AliExpress

That Ali link is confusing first in title it's 1360 wh battery but below it is 520 wh, then they have 'twelve' color choices, that only show picture and not exactly what color it is, and with all different prices, what are you buying on that site??? Can't trust it...

20 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

That Ali link is confusing first in title it's 1360 wh battery but below it is 520 wh, then they have 'twelve' color choices, that only show picture and not exactly what color it is, and with all different prices, what are you buying on that site??? Can't trust it...

Whassup Metric ... I checked out that site and emailed the guy. Each of those little pics represent each of the different model options available in each of the 2 different colours. If you select one you will notice that the price changes accordingly. And when you add it you your cart you can see the spec on the model chosen

On 28 May 2016 at 1:32 PM, houseofjob said:

@MikeSwan I believe he says his is direct from KingSong via Sarah (sarah@szkingsong.com). @tinawong (tina@szkingsong.com) is also a main contact @ KS.

The Chinese 1200W KS-18A is also sold via AliExpress

Thanks .... I checked out AliX ... Good prices

@MetricUSA I'll be happy to add all twelve to my cart. Can you pass along your credit card number so I can test it properly? :D

On my PC it shows the specs when you hover over each picture with the mouse. However, it doesn't show the price above the picture until you click one. I agree the AliExpress page isn't very good for cases like this where the price changes depending on configuration. It is a lot better for products where the price is the same and you're just selecting a color or a size. They could have easily made a separate product page for each of the different battery configs.

On 5/28/2016 at 11:23 AM, MikeSwan said:

Thanks ... Mike

rumor has it that this guy got his KS 18 directly from the factory in China.

H

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,
I might have a problem with my KS18A?!
I bought this KS18 1200w/1360Wh from Aliexpress.com and it came with a wrong controller inside. I could only set it up to 30km/h max. It did not accept any higher speed. But it was all the time rock solid and safe to ride. Firmware was v1.14 and later I updated to v1.20 which was still the same speed and driving feeling.

I contacted the seller and he sent me a replacement controller. On this one I am able to set the speed limit to 40km/h BUT it is now not as stable as before! It (angles) much more. Specially on low speed and I feel not as safe as befor. It is doing weird things! When I make a left turn it always angles forward, when I make a right turn it angles backward. (Battery Indicator to the front) And somethimes it is so much that I loos the comfortability to ride it and it makes me almost fall down! Firmware is v1.20 and I tried many times level calibration. Cycling mode is player mode but feels still to soft.

Do you experience any similar issues??

-Also somewhere I read that the USB pot has 2A charging current but on mine it brings only 0.5A!
-Light control from the app and voice control are not working!

Archived