Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

1 hour ago, EUCzero said:

All that you can remove yourself if you want. 
Suspension you want to keep, even on an asphalt track.
There is a reason why all race cars have suspension (maybe not  drag racing)

(EDIT: I checked... even drag racing cars have suspension)

speedway bikes have no rear suspension

Suspension gives the wheel more contact with the ground, less bounce, if for some reason you want to feel every little irregularity (but why?) just set max dampening.

4 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Suspension gives the wheel more contact with the ground, less bounce, if for some reason you want to feel every little irregularity (but why?) just set max dampening.

I can agree that increasing damping levels can firm up the suspension.

However, depending on the shock, max damping setting can lockout or almost lockout the suspension.

Will be interesting to see how BeGodeWay have implemented the "100mm/130mm switchable suspension", which may also have a bearing on how firm the suspension can be adjusted for different ride scenarios.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

I can agree that increasing damping levels can firm up the suspension.

However, depending on the shock, max damping setting can lockout or almost lockout the suspension.

Which seems to be what some people are asking for.

Wow, that's quite the impressive breakdown. 

76% of weight is the batteries, motor + Tire ? 

3% for the shock? Leaving 20% for the rest of the wheel... 

Edited by abclyw
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FancyKiddo said:

Looks like the screen and front light are using quick disconnect cables.

yeah, looks like you can remove: 

- Side Pieces 

- Headlight 
- Kickstand 
- Trolley 
- Screen

... and save around 4-5lbs more for "race setup" 

44 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

BlitzComponentWeight.thumb.png.43fc8fc8feb63d84fc295506f1f14177.png

-6 lbs. by removing all the suspension components keeps me optimistic about a 20"  <30kg 'entry level' cruiser 60mi.+ range wheel someday. 
OG Sherman specs in today's market would be a nice addition to Begode's A-series, it just needs to hit the right weight and price 

• Upvote 2

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs
7 minutes ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

What the hell kind of garbage trolly handle is that?

It's not a good year for trolley handles lol

edit: The trolley on the EB Griffin is actually more or less what I'm looking for. 

Edited by xiiijojjo

2 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

There's going to be news coming out over the next few days about it, but the Blitz is the first Begode Wheel to finally have datalogging memory chip for diagnostics & blackbox investigation. It will also have an integrated GPS chip, connected to the board, for Wheel tracking, through the use of sim data plan.   

Oh, yeah! I couldn’t wait to let Begode know where I am in every moment of my life! But blackbox&diagnostics investigation is useful and welcomed idea 👍🥳😍🤩

1 hour ago, Paul g said:

Oh, yeah! I couldn’t wait to let Begode know where I am in every moment of my life! But blackbox&diagnostics investigation is useful and welcomed idea 👍🥳😍🤩

They wanna watch that sort of thing, lest American senators take against them, and pursue the same sort of massively unjustified ban as they are in the middle of doing with DJI and drones !

For my use case this wheel could be a good contender. I current still ride an RSht. When going to work I always wish it was faster, but on casual beach cruises I can get 50 miles out of it (averaging a low 16mph). It's still decent fun for 25 miles. 

I got it for riding off road, at the time (it's a gen one) it had a strong axle.  It climbs well and stays cool due to the vented side panels haha. 

More speed, hopefully same torque and 130mm of travel for only 15 more lbs (and 600wh more battery) seems like a good upgrade while not being super expensive.

I had been looking hard at the extreme but my favorite tires are not available for a 12in rim. 

If this can stay under 3k usd it may do well with people like me that do a bit of everything. The key for me would be having the same or better torque as my RS. I can over torque the RS if I mess up a rooted section of steep trail, or if I really lean into it hard, but 90 percent of the time it has enough for my riding. 

I'm looking forward to how people get along with this one!