is it still fun to ridie on EUC after riding few years?

Hi 

I started ridign on EUC (x3) in 2018, then I move to S2, V8, (v10f for few weeks), tesla v1, V3s+ (M Super), z10, v11.
I remember I had realy good fillings moving from s2 to v8 but also moving from v8 to tesla and to v3s+, that was a time when I did 50-60 km per day (or rather per night).

Now for one 1,5 year I am driving on V11. It is ok but I would say nothing special, I do not have such great feelings as I used to driving on tesla v1 or v3s+. Do You think is it because of inmotion or is it because of 6 years experiece? Should I change wheel for other (which?), should I change city/surroundings for driving new paths, or should I look for new hobby :)? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Scubadragonsan said:

As you see, I've quite a number of wheels from small 16" to 20", from 30 lbs to 100 lbs. No way am I losing fun with wheeling. KS16s is for doing tricks, KS18s is for commuting to  work, Sherman S is for long distance and sightseeing. After 5-6 years of riding, the fun continues. I ride KS16s around Golden Gate Park sightseeing, doing tricks and playing with my pet squirrels, 15-20 of them. Learning tricks is an endless endeavour, always some new tricks/routines. Commuting to work on KS18S saves me a bunch. Riding the Sherman S takes me to many corners of my city without range anxiety. I can charge it at any EV charge stations. Most of all, the feeling of space and freedom is most pleasurable while riding! If you get bore, think of something new, fun and challenging to do! 

18S really? What a classic. Or do you mean S18?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

18S really? What a classic. Or do you mean S18?

Yes, I have two 18S, use one for regular commute. Classic indeed, new riders wonder what they are...

KS18S.jpg

• Like 3

Fun - it never really was fun to me.. Beats riding scooter and bicycle, that's for sure! EUC isn't a hobby to me.. It's only means of transportation.

Anything we do in life repeatably - gets boring at some point.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

I would say like everything, we get used to it, and it becomes less fun.
I started EUC riding in 2016 with a Firewheel F528 that fried in two weeks, but I already got the virus that headed me into years of joy, heading from 20kph EUCs to top 75kph EUCs. It has been my main mean of transportation until I got to 2021, where I switched back to bicycle for most of my city rides.
I did ride some of the newer EUCs, Master, Sherman S..but not the very last ones as nobody around me invested in those.
I still have a V12 that I ride about once a month with a friend, I use it sometimes to get to places, its always at least half charged. I get nostalgia from the beginning when I felt like I was flying on EUCs, with a sens of freedom like nothing else.
Its become more of a and backup vehicle, that sits there looking at a past golden era.
It is still a pleasure to ride, but nothing like before, I wouldn't get ride of my last EUC, but I've ridden less than 2k km in the past 2 years, while I have a total of more than 50k km of riding, giving you an idea of what I'm talking about.
I still enjoy reading, watching others talk about new EUCs and adventures that I will never do again, I guess its just...life ?

• Like 2

I ride about 350 days a year but my rides are super short, most days I do three trips -- to work, back home, out for evening coffee; each one being around 25 minutes. I have all three original suspension wheels -- S18, V11, Ex. I take the Ex for group rides, use the S-18 on snow days, and the V11 is the most enjoyable to ride alone; so nimble compared to the heavier wheels but with just enough to stay ahead of bikes and keep up with cars. I could see losing my enthusiasm for wrestling with riding heavy wheels day after day or if a large percentage of my rides were range rides.

• Like 3

Have you tried riding other PEVs such as esk8, Onewheel, 2swift, summerboard, etc?  It might be good to step away from the EUC for a while.  I've been riding PEVs since 2013 and EUCs since 2018 and still loving it.  I couldn't imagine not having an EUC, it is definitely my favorite mode of transport.

As a snowboarder, I love being able to carve hands free on a PEV.  Going in a straight line isn't that fun and the reason why I'll probably never buy another scooter or e-bike.

You should definitely find more places to ride since riding the same old scene can get stale.

Edited by Bookmark
adding more details
  • Like 3

4 years now I'm frequently joyriding EUC. Before EUC I've been joyriding a car. Before a car I've been joywalking.

For me it's not any less fun to just ride around. My brain simply loves to be in motion, regardless of the vehicle. 100 years ago I'd love a horse buggy.

Everyone's brain is wired differently. Just do what you like. :D

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cerbera said:

And if you have a job like mine, which involves being glued to a computer 18 hours a day

:D That's my free time spent.. :D Job 6-14hrs (i work how many hrs i want.. Or how much money i want that month. Even if i work 6hrs only, i'm making more than our country regular income.) When i come home - i spend most of my time on said computer. Simply because i don't find joy in life itself. Nothing really interest me.. If i see sunny beautiful day outside i may go out for a 1-2hr ride. But most times i would prefer to stay in and waste my life away till my death bed. I simply see everything we do as pointless and meaningless..

(How positive and joyful i am.) :) Doh not liking to do anything at all.. I'm saving money on all the partying and dirking and smoking.. :D Each month could buy new EUC, if i wanted. But i don't.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

Riding is still fun for me after 3 years. Part of the fun is knowing that I can ride ride an electric unicycle when I want to, like having access to a jet-pack when I want to use it. I also have an old King Song 14D  that I can ride. When I get used to riding the 14D and then switch back to the Z10 it's like learning new maneuvers all over again. So having something completely different to ride helps to keep things fresh. Another thing is that I don't enjoy riding if I have to, I try to ride only when I want to as a treat.

17 hours ago, Magman116 said:

Riding other EV's feels like you are on something, whereas riding an EUC feels like it is part of your body.

This

Nice reply

2 hours ago, FlyboyEUC said:

Ditto the other comments. EUC is a part of me. Daily commuter since 2018. Much like classic cars, I feel connected to the world around me when I ride. Not isolated from it in some plush leather heated seats, climate control, and sound dampening windows. 

My favorite part of the day is the commute. How many people outside this forum can say that? I arrive to work pumped and excited, I arrive home from work pumped and excited.

When I find myself daydreaming at work or stuck at home, I'm looking up possible routes and researching interesting points of interest I can ride to. Living in San Diego, California, there is TONS of history everywhere. Learning about the world around me and riding around it connects me to the people who came before and the legacies they left behind. I host "tours" instead of group rides to share what I learn and help others gain an appreciation for what they ride past.

Aside from that, changing wheels is a must. I upgrade every 18 months or so. I don't feel the need to upgrade yet after the master. It's a perfect balance of speed, range, and weight. I like to ride fast which always gets my heart pumping and puts a smile on my face. I also have an mten for taking out the trash, pushing my kids around, and for tricks.

I admire the people who do crazy tricks like handstands, backwards riding, riding two wheels etc. There's always something new you can learn. But you do have to have a wheel that can open the doors. IMO the V11 was a gateway drug. It is sleek sexy and a great beginner wheel. But it also didn't excel at anything. So if you want more or are tired, then get a wheel that enables you to do more. I loved off-roading, but my knees would kill after riding my MSX. Once I got the S22, a whole new world was opened and I was going on trails I'd never go on. 

EUCs can do it all, if you just want a casual stroll around town or a park, do it. If you want to tear up the trails, do it. If want to be the fastest person on the road, do it. If you want to play the bagpipes while riding backwards in a circle, do it. EUCs are so versatile and freeing. If you find yourself not enjoying it, switch it up.

9 hours ago, FlyboyEUC said:

My favorite part of the day is the commute. How many people outside this forum can say that? I arrive to work pumped and excited, I arrive home from work pumped and excited.

I say pretty much exactly this to people all the time. As proof, all of my co-workers opted to continue working from home after the pandemic. I chose to go back in to the office work in large part because I love the commute. For a long time I was the only one working on the top floor of an office building that normally has 60 people.

• Like 2