eWheels 16hr Endurance Challenge

On 5/7/2024 at 11:22 AM, abclyw said:

So are you able to do more than 16hr as long as you dont exceed 17hrs or something? Andrew's tour was way pass 16hrs and almost 17hrs from what I can tell

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a go.... My leg injury didn't like the idea.  I got 100 Miles in and gave up.  I'll try again next week.  I got on the road before 4AM with no headlight or flashlight.... looked bright enough where I started... that was some scary riding.  

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 5:28 AM, euc_rebel said:

So are you able to do more than 16hr as long as you dont exceed 17hrs or something? Andrew's tour was way pass 16hrs and almost 17hrs from what I can tell

They are having us submit the tour and the logs.... It will be easy for them to pick out the best 16 hour section.

On 5/20/2024 at 2:30 PM, roghaj said:

They are having us submit the tour and the logs.... It will be easy for them to pick out the best 16 hour section.

but that's not the condition of the challenge.. The condition was 16 hour limit.  another condition was to use EUC world tour which means, you have to be premium member otherwise it won't show your tour. Especially for the people coming from Darkness bot, they have to pay the year premium to have that enabled. I got tons of people asking me about it why their tour is not showing.

@Jason McNeilcan you clear this up?  Is this 16 hr limit meaning  15h 59 59 seconds or is there any overlay?

Second, can you fix the link to the top rider as that link is not working, so we can see and lastly, I assume you go by GPS miles not by gauge / screenshot right? in that case 2nd rider should be at 310 miles not 300.

Ewheels response to my questions about some of the validity of the entries

->>>

Anything under 16hours counts. 

Only the mileage that is completed within the 16hours will be counted. 

Once the challenge is over, we will scrutinize the top entries to validate their runs. It takes too much for us to validate each entry - so we'll do the top couple until a winner is found. 

Most mileage completed in 16hours without external help and logging. We need the EUC World logging as it's the easiest way to deter cheating. 

Bruce

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Archee Jan Bloch said:

but that's not the condition of the challenge.. The condition was 16 hour limit.  another condition was to use EUC world tour which means, you have to be premium member otherwise it won't show your tour. Especially for the people coming from Darkness bot, they have to pay the year premium to have that enabled. I got tons of people asking me about it why their tour is not showing.

@Jason McNeilcan you clear this up?  Is this 16 hr limit meaning  15h 59 59 seconds or is there any overlay?

Second, can you fix the link to the top rider as that link is not working, so we can see and lastly, I assume you go by GPS miles not by gauge / screenshot right? in that case 2nd rider should be at 310 miles not 300.

euc.world/tour/632996859753275 euc.world/tour/6333017337263038

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I checked with Jason and they said they will audit the entries at the end of the submission period. 

They don't want to dedicate resources to auditing each entry. I was told that it's going to be the most GPS mileage covered in the first 16hrs of any tour. 

Edited by abclyw
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

Wait, do some people really waste 16 hours of their time thinking they can compete with Archee?:lol:

CherLee's attempt is going to be hard to beat: averaging 60kph for most of the ride time, he's got a special battery pack extension on his EX30, for a 6kWh of combined capacity. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

CherLee's attempt is going to be hard to beat: averaging 60kph for most of the ride time, he's got a special battery pack extension on his EX30, for a 6kWh of combined capacity. 

yes, for sure that's insanse

@Jason McNeil could this be extended by one more month so people that live in Northern parts of the world could use some of the warmer weather? Just curious as May April and May was wash, either rain or cold in 60's with nights to 40-50s, so you gotta get your heated apparel to ride at night.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Archee Jan Bloch said:

could this be extended by one more month so people that live in Northern parts of the world could use some of the warmer weather? Just curious as May April and May was wash, either rain or cold in 60's with nights to 40-50s, so you gotta get your heated apparel to ride at night.

I'll confer with Albert, see if we can push out the deadline by a week, or two. Just learned this morning that Roger's been working on something quite exceptional, with this 9,600Wh Monster(sity), I'd say there's a fighting chance at breaking the 400 mile mark. If there's anyone out there who has charging figured out, it's got to be Roger :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/poHMhmzSCMwSwaVN/?mibextid=K35XfP

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

I'll confer with Albert, see if we can push out the deadline by a week, or two. Just learned this morning that Roger's been working on something quite exceptional, with this 9,600Wh Monster(sity), I'd say there's a fighting chance at breaking the 400 mile mark. If there's anyone out there who has charging figured out, it's got to be Roger :lol:

end of June please  :)

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

I think it’s highly unfair to change the rules of a competition during the event. This is akin to moving the finish line of a race, to favor one of the competitors. 

I have already built my custom euc and logged my rides, in the specified timeframe. I do currently hold the record but I’d like to repeat my ride on euc world before the end of the month, to ensure full transparency. I personally have no issues with that.  

As a competitor, I urge you to consider fairness and equity. 

I’m  open to a new challenge for next year :) 

IMG_5590.png

9 minutes ago, Declan acoustic-unicyclist said:

I think it’s highly unfair to change the rules of a competition during the event. This is akin to moving the finish line of a race, to favor one of the competitors. 

I have already built my custom euc and logged my rides, in the specified timeframe. I do currently hold the record but I’d like to repeat my ride on euc world before the end of the month, to ensure full transparency. I personally have no issues with that.  

IMG_5590.png

@Declan acoustic-unicyclist

Ok then come here to Upper Northeast when we have  60s during the day (most of may) and low 50s at night..   if you are talking about fairness  coming from Washington DC where you have have 80-90s.. good joke

18 minutes ago, Declan acoustic-unicyclist said:

IMG_5590.png

and currently your record is no longer a record

44 minutes ago, Archee Jan Bloch said:

@Declan acoustic-unicyclist

Ok then come here to Upper Northeast when we have  60s during the day (most of may) and low 50s at night..   if you are talking about fairness  coming from Washington DC where you have have 80-90s.. good joke

The temperature during my two attempts in late April was roughly 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I rode from 6pm to 10am. 

53 minutes ago, Declan acoustic-unicyclist said:

The temperature during my two attempts in late April was roughly 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I rode from 6pm to 10am. 

53 minutes ago, Declan acoustic-unicyclist said:

for a second I thought you are talking about fairness but then it became clear haha.. either way.. on your day we had 49 high and 32 low...

1 hour ago, roghaj said:

I made my attempt with a badly injured leg.  I could have done much better if I was in good health, but with the deadline approaching I was forced to make my attempt and did further injure my leg.  I wish the contest went on during a time of good health for me, but I respected what was announce and gave it a try.  I would have rather done it in the cold with a healthy body, but the terms were announced.  

my 2 cents

Your point is very different than the point made by @Archee Jan Bloch.

Archee is not talking about catering to a few individuals to favour them due the personal difficulties they face.

He is talking about this challenge being unfair to the participates who live in the northern hemisphere due to the timing of this Challenge.

And it is well known that when it comes to range and lithium battery, ambient temperatures matter.

I think it is fair to extend it to end of June. In the month of June, the temperatures are usually decent in the northern hemisphere. He is not asking for longer.

• Like 1

Is there something unsatisfactory about the submissions received thusfar? 

I think as long as there was sufficient participation, this competition deadline should remain. 

And if anyone (ewheels or otherwise) wants to sponsor a new  round of competition, we'll welcome it! :)