Jump to content

Inmotion V14 Adventure 50S. (Update: Mine has arrived)


Unventor

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

But in my experience the tire is a huge factor to how the ride sensation feels.

i couldn't agree more and ur new wheel looks like great fun!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

not to steal @Funkyspotlight, but i do wish it was lighter and more doggy door compliant like my s22's. 

with me mowing trails, so i can see my line and now worry about hidden landmines, the v14 might be a candidate. i can't wait to see and watch all the reviews.

C2BC9DEE-E5A9-452E-9A9B-828A447CDA47.thumb.jpeg.fae637d6039d92ecda25267ca9a1676d.jpeg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Forwardnbak I just saw your initial video. I see you have the new 2nd batch tire on your V14. Do you mind taking a measure of tire width and how tall the tire wall is?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

@Forwardnbak I just saw your initial video. I see you have the new 2nd batch tire on your V14. Do you mind taking a measure of tire width and how tall the tire wall is?

sure thing ill get onto it asap, still caught up in school holidays over here keeping me busy with the kid army today

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The good news I got is my order is about to ship out. Which means it could exit China before their Spring holiday season. 

I still do not know how fast the shipping will be. But it is getting closer at least. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So now I got tracking id. Eta is about 3 weeks. Not that it makes the waiting any easier 😊

So hopefully we are free of snow still at that time (mid February). 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

With a bit of luck I should have an early Christmas present of 2024. 

Now I shall not bore you guys with an unboxing. 

But if you have any question I shall try to answer these to my best ability next week. 

One thing is though I will ride the V14 above 45 kmh so how it feels above that speed I cannot answer. 

Depending of weather I might have to wait a little to ride it as it is still snow/icey winter here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BlueCrow said:

I would like to hear comments on seated riding on the V14. Haven't heard or seen much on that front. Also, how easy is it to trolly around while powered off?

I understand. I appreciate the question.

Unfortunately due to how my knees are due to rheumatic diagnoses I know from having a seat for KS16X and the V11, that this is not possible for ,e to do. I simply do not have the controll need to be about to shift position from standing to sitting and the other way around.

Since I expect the V14 to be relative low compared to V12 I have no plans to get a seat for V14.

But I might be able to share some of the physics between the V11 and V14 to help with what I see of differences to do seated riding.

On a side note, I were on in a rehab physion training [rogram back in November. The the time it tog me about 40 sec to shift from seated to standing on a ;ow chair (knees bend to 90 degreed angle). This Tuesday I did it in 25 seconds. A healthy normal time for a person my age is 15-16sec. After this test I got pain in the knee so I couldn't walk all evening.

This is why I ride EUCs to have a mild training for my body (knees, hips, feet and back).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/14/2024 at 11:18 PM, Unventor said:

With a bit of luck I should have an early Christmas present of 2024. 

Now I shall not bore you guys with an unboxing. 

But if you have any question I shall try to answer these to my best ability next week. 

One thing is though I will ride the V14 above 45 kmh so how it feels above that speed I cannot answer. 

Depending of weather I might have to wait a little to ride it as it is still snow/icey winter here.

The tracking info show the V14 passing through Germany right now.

This is probably the longest and boring weekend of this decade. Oddly the v14 got me into kid mode withput even being here.:facepalm:

That said the super great news is yesterday we had 8-9C and heavy rain. So the 20-30cm snowcover is now all gone and all the salt on the roads should be more or less washed away.

Edited by Unventor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So to get back to riding I took the V11S to the local IKEA for coffee and cake.

Coffe and cake trip on EUC V11

As of tradition feet hurt after the winter break.

I do think I will miss the trolley handle of the V11 vs the design on V14.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So since we have many opinions here on the forum on many different topics, I think this video touch a very important point when discussing reviews of products. Some expressed earlier on the forum very strong options to a reviewer not talking about what they view as negative points or faults.

In the following post coming once I have the V14 50S, keep in mind I am focusing on what I find great, and that comes from my experience with V8/V10f/V11/KS18L/KS16x and the Z10.

These are wheels I have or do own or tested from a friend.

I don't ride GW/Begode or liberkin wheels. So I can't compare to those models. Also in the spirit of this video, question is if we have same mindset or values. So take the following post coming as how I view thing. Feel very free to add your flavour of salt to what I post. That is your freedom of choice to do so. 

So soon comes why I bought a V14 instead of V11Y and if I still will be stoked about the V14 8nce I start using it.

And of course the video about how we experience the world about us. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Unventor said:

In the following post coming once I have the V14 50S, keep in mind I am focusing on what I find great, and that comes from my experience with V8/V10f/V11/KS18L/KS16x and the Z10.

I am looking forward to reading your comments & opinion about your new wheel. Especially considering the wheels listed above that you have previous experience with.

14 hours ago, Unventor said:

So soon comes why I bought a V14 instead of V11Y and if I still will be stoked about the V14 once I start using it.

This will be interesting. Thank you.

14 hours ago, Unventor said:

And of course the video about how we experience the world about us. 

I remember watching that video a few years ago. Nice one. :)   So, will we be in agreement that your new wheel will be the 'orange' colour, or the 'black' one? ;) 

Edited by Voyager
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I remember watching that video a few years ago. Nice one. :)   So, will we be in agreement that your new wheel will be the 'orange' colour, or the 'black' one? ;) 

I have an anticipation that is is going to golden dark. 

Well back to the normal talk, I like the orange look unfortunately I expect mine will be all dark. I could actually be tempted to buy the orange parts as spare and fit these on.

Now I have been looking at what things you could fit on a V14. For now O have not found much. But I did find this aftermarket kickstand.

 

-245959731-2118833857.thumb.jpg.a9881b0835b3b8ac050dd1ac5b26697e.jpg

I think the orange look 1st edition would go well with this kickstand.

The other part I have been looking at is a fast charger. I know Inmotion are evaluating different models but had not picked one before the Chinese Sprong Holiday (that is now coming to an end).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I have an anticipation that is is going to golden dark. 

Well back to the normal talk, I like the orange look unfortunately I expect mine will be all dark. I could actually be tempted to buy the orange parts as spare and fit these on.

Now I have been looking at what things you could fit on a V14. For now O have not found much. But I did find this aftermarket kickstand.

 

-245959731-2118833857.thumb.jpg.a9881b0835b3b8ac050dd1ac5b26697e.jpg

I think the orange look 1st edition would go well with this kickstand.

The other part I have been looking at is a fast charger. I know Inmotion are evaluating different models but had not picked one before the Chinese Sprong Holiday (that is now coming to an end).

Colour: 'Golden Brown' perhaps.. (Stranglers song from the memory bank) :) 

Personally I think they both colour combinations look good. Initially I thought the black would be better, but the orange doesn't seem too 'orange' (in my perception) ;) 

The stand you have shown does look good. I did however note that Marty Backe made comment in his 'V14 Adventure Update' video, saying about the stand whilst demonstrating it: "in my opinion this is the most robust kickstand on any EUC that I think I've ever ridden". High praise.

A V14 50S unboxing video I watched recently shows the black colour, but Inmotion also included orange side panels in the package. The person who posted the video has a bit of history with IM, so I think that was a 'gift' to him. I'll post the video below because it is from a smaller channel and you may not have seen it. Also, it may help with your "kid mode" wait that you mentioned above :D 

On second thoughts. I'll just post the link, so as not to 'clutter' your thread with other people's videos. It's your thread and I'm interested to watch it develop. 

https://youtu.be/AQ9yZqQ672U

With any luck, you may receive your delivery this week. If so, hopefully the weather plays nice :) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Voyager said:

With any luck, you may receive your delivery this week. If so, hopefully the weather plays nice

I am expecting a Tuesday delivery and for now the snow is gone in my area. 

And just to make sure I don't have to go to a pickup point, I get to work from home. I do not expect to be able to ride much Tuesday even as it need to charge first and I have meeting I need to attend.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Unventor said:

I do not expect to be able to ride much Tuesday even as it need to charge first and I have meeting I need to attend.

The obvious answer is to do your meeting via video on your ride! 🤣🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

The obvious answer is to do your meeting via video on your ride! 🤣🤣

I don't think it will work for this one.🤔😜

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Unventor changed the title to Inmotion V14 Adventure 50S. (Update: Mine has arrived)

Ohh and a side note. @CasperBak do you have any tips on the suspension adjustment? I didn't get around to play that much with settings just yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's good to hear about the fast acceleration on the V14. It's what I'm interested in the most for it.

I take it your first ride was in Drive mode? Once you try Sport mode can you tell if there is a big difference between the two? Have you played around with the acceleration/brake assist setting? What's your preferred setting?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, BlueCrow said:

That's good to hear about the fast acceleration on the V14. It's what I'm interested in the most for it.

I take it your first ride was in Drive mode? Once you try Sport mode can you tell if there is a big difference between the two? Have you played around with the acceleration/brake assist setting? What's your preferred setting?

I have activated acc/brak assist. The exact number is not on top of my head but 65ish on acceleration and 60 on brake.

For now ai didn't get much ride time and nope I am not super aggressive rider so ai am not pushing it very hard. This is not why I ride stcall. But occasionally I do push more than usual for 2 reasons. Either to be able to do this if I must to get out of a pickle situation I couldn't predict or because of how timing in traffic end up at times. Eg. in roundabout where I need to cross car lanes to do a L style turn to continue on a bike lane.

I recall the mode I used as comfort mode in the app and listed as drive mode on V14s display. Compared to other wheels the setting can be adjusted a lot on Inmotion wheels in general. This is what I like to be able to dail in a setting what feels intuitive to me.We are past the need of super hard ridge pedal feel in my opinion. So like it and do not get why you need other than soft medium hard setting.

To me it is how I can gain a tolerance in comfort yet have a feel of the ground and stay connected to the surface.

This is similar to steering a car to sensitive isn't safe but too much slag isn't great either. Heaving a direct predictable yet a tolerance of steering works best in most situations but now in all times.

Now I will get to do more test rides but maybe not before weekend.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Unventor, how did the stance feel going from V11 to V14? Is it noticeably wider, and did you have any issues with that? Also, how was the stability going down to the smaller wheel diameter?

Agreed the V11 handle is very practical and sturdy, both of which sound to be lost going to the V14.

Regarding the charger, I don't mind if the wheel charges slowly so long as the charger is silent, and feel better having the wheel close by or within eyesight while charging. Supervising a wheel connected to a noisy charger would be irritating. Ideally we could get a configurable charger that could switch between slow/quiet and fast/loud, and perhaps something in between to charge a bit faster when out and about but avoid tripping circuit breakers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...