Black Friday Bargains 2023

novazeus

this should be popular. i think everybody here loves to spend money. 

i don't have any bargains to post, but i am in need of a nice portable bluetooth stereo speaker i can attach to my v13s. like that clip on jbl if it's any good.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
(clarified title)
  • Like 1

ya, perfect thanks. already spent my money on it. it looks a little big but i can use it in the container or in my backhoe as well. 

i have this little anker coming tmrw as well. $8 off. gonna velcro it where the handle and seat went.

Anker Soundcore 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker with 12W Stereo Sound, Bluetooth 5, Bassup, IPX7 Waterproof, 24-Hour Playtime, Wireless Stereo Pairing, Speaker for Home, Outdoors, Travel https://a.co/d/aviDVRs

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

i did a thang today. video is uploading.

for $32 delivered before tax, works great. the sound shoots straight up into u so ur not offensive to woke ass humans.

A1C0BF69-169F-421B-A6E9-E2DDB21C4673.jpeg.27d0a692fef4df7754090b8dd892fabe.jpeg2B71317B-0BF4-4ED8-AAE8-361BB3339A25.jpeg.00e94c9e3a7bfb2c116553a61d2b945d.jpeg

i bet they'll be lots of selfie cameras on sale. i found my old go pro hero black from 2015. batteries still good and a good camera stick. good enough to video my suspension working.

I bought the exact same speaker in an attempt to get something a little smaller than my JBL Flip 5. The sound was so poor compared to the JBL I gave the Anker away. I've still yet to find anything that comes close to the JBL sound-wise for it's size. But hey if it works for you :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I bought the exact same speaker in an attempt to get something a little smaller than my JBL Flip 5. The sound was so poor compared to the JBL I gave the Anker away. I've still yet to find anything that comes close to the JBL sound-wise for it's size. But hey if it works for you :)

yeah, the volume isn’t great but out here on the ranch, the loudest noise is the knobby. the michelin is practically silent.

and yeah, the litte speakers have to be pointed right at u.

well, this is why i started the black friday topic.

i need stuff. if i can’t figure out how to connect this brand new hardly used old goprohero black 4 to my ipad, i’m gonna get an easier selfie stick.

i just wanna see my suspension in action going over the pasture.

but thanks for the jbl review. i was looking at those on sale a month ago. i’m sure there’s gonna be big deep discounts this black friday because the economy is slowing.

are u sure ur ears aren't influence by the shape?

haha, no it's awesome. deep bass. listening to skrillex and it really shines.

but omg, it weighs more than my burley wagon. it's very nice. it will stay in the container with me and blow the doors off.

785DAA7E-C62D-423D-AE9C-B3679EEEBD45.thumb.jpeg.accf99c1aa57b322a3dda81fa846dddf.jpeg

59FB6CF1-4214-40C0-A23E-507814BF7CC1.thumb.jpeg.192306c35474be201518403a0eef6c98.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

KS18L

What is your opinion of the 18L? Do you recall how much it weighed? I'm considering upgrading from V8F to 18L. The V8F brakes well, but I have to be conservative on acceleration due to it's low power. I'm trying to keep weight below 50 lbs, which is why I'm considering 18L. Going by fuses, V8F has 30 amp fuse, V10F 40 amp fuse, 18L two 30 amp fuses for a total of 60 amps. Although V10F and 18L both use 20S4P battery pack, the 18L has a much higher peak power (18L 4000+ watts, V10F about 2600 watts).

Edited by rcgldr

3 minutes ago, rcgldr said:

What is your opinion of the 18L?

For a few more pounds you might be better off with the 18xl and it is on sale now at Eevees!

https://eevees.com/products/king-song-18xl

image.png

14 minutes ago, Paradox said:

For a few more pounds you might be better off with the 18xl and it is on sale now at Eevees!

https://eevees.com/products/king-song-18xl

image.png

Looking back when i bought my 18xl - i would have been better of with regular 18l. As i don't need the bigger battery pack and i don't ride faster than 40km/h. At workdays i keep it under 30km/h often. Would have saved 2kg weight. As 18xl weights 25.5kg and 18l should be around 22-23kg.

But that's mainly because i need to carry my wheel often. If @rcgldr doesn't need to carry the wheel - 18xl is a very good wheel. 

19 hours ago, Paradox said:

For a few more pounds you might be better off with the 18xl and it is on sale now at Eevees! $1499.

I'm in California, would that be an issue? Eevees is a well know dealer. I've bee looking at Studio-AMG - which have both 18L and 18XL for $1690. Phone number for Studio-AMG is Ohio area code, but the emails I get from them show up between 1 and 2 am in the morning, so I'm not sure where they are actually at. I'm just a hobbyist and don't ride that much, about 50 miles per month. My longest ride so far was about 32 minutes, about 8 miles on the V8F, so the 18XL is overkill in terms of range for how I'm riding now.

I don't like riding in streets, so I transport my V8F to a nearby bike trail that is less then a 10 minute drive from my home, or I ride on some private streets near my home.  

Edited by rcgldr
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, rcgldr said:

I'm in California, would that be an issue? Eevees is a well know dealer. I've bee looking at Studio-AMG - which have both 18L and 18XL for $1690. Phone number for Studio-AMG is Ohio area code, but the emails I get from them show up between 1 and 2 am in the morning, so I'm not sure where they are actually at. I'm just a hobbyist and don't ride that much, about 50 miles per month. My longest ride so far was about 32 minutes, about 8 miles on the V8F, so the 18XL is overkill in terms of range for how I'm riding now. 

My longest "fun" ride have been about 1-2 hours. Most i have done was ~60km in one go, when i was testing the "range test". On regular fun rides i normally went for 40kms in 1 hour..

But as i don't go for "fun" rides anymore my commute to work is about 5km every day (around trip). And yes 18xl is very overkill.... I can ride it 3 weeks without charging. :D Doh.. I normally charge it every 2 weeks.

Edited by Funky

55 minutes ago, rcgldr said:

What is your opinion of the 18L? Do you recall how much it weighed? I'm considering upgrading from V8F to 18L. The V8F brakes well, but I have to be conservative on acceleration due to it's low power. I'm trying to keep weight below 50 lbs, which is why I'm considering 18L. Going by fuses, V8F has 30 amp fuse, V10F 40 amp fuse, 18L two 30 amp fuses for a total of 60 amps. Although V10F and 18L both use 20S4P battery pack, the 18L has a much higher peak power (18L 4000+ watts, V10F about 2600 watts).

My 18L is awesome. It took me a while to get to that wheel, as I started off very slow and kept upgrading. 
It weighs around 46#, less than #50.

If you want something under 50#, I don't think there is any other good option. The higher power of the 18L is noticeable, compared to the V10F (I have both). The V10F is a little more nimble and has higher pedals. I still like having my V10F as my back-up wheel, but my 18L is a beast. Both have LEDs and good sound. I would say if you want slightly higher pedals and don't need all the power, the V10F is the way to go. If you want to experience really good power in a small package, the 18L does the trick.

I still ride my 18L more than my V10F, as I did a 30 min ride at near max speed and it started giving out. My 18L seems to last a bit longer on hard rides. 

As others pointed out the 18XL is the upgraded version of the 18L, but yes...it is slightly heavier.

3 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

18L  V10F

Another advantage of the 18L is that it has conventional passive cell balancing. The V8|V8F|V8S|V10|V10F don't have that; although there could be some type of balancing, but I'm not sure how with 1K ohm resistors.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

haha, yeah i suppose its heavy. It last a full day though and i figured since you ride the v13, weight isn't a problem..:D

idk how u do it with it swinging back there. i didn't weigh it but it's heavy. i'm gonna use it as my keter box storage/workshop area boombox. i have another keter box coming as well.

this is a good price and tmrw i'll take some photos on how i'll arrange my 6 wheels

six wheels is nothing. they were calling me marty jr back when i started and had 7 wheels. all junk compared to the v13. def the hardest wheel to master that i've ever bought.

http://Keter Store-It-Out MAX Outdoor Resin Horizontal Storage Shed

1 hour ago, rcgldr said:

Another advantage of the 18L is that it has conventional passive cell balancing. The V8|V8F|V8S|V10|V10F don't have that; although there could be some type of balancing, but I'm not sure how with 1K ohm resistors.

slightly over 50 pounds, but if i had a wheel do over, i wish i had bought the v11 instead of the king song 18s based on the tire selection alone. s18 is 57 pounds. with a michelin tire on it, it would be an awesome hobbyist wheel. i don't own the v11, but inmotion world is selling them for $1599 and they go 34mph according to jason with a firmware update. u would never out grow a v11. non-suspension wheels are dangerous, unless u control the terrain u ride on.(if i buy another v13, and i might, i might do the suspension delete kit for racing on smooth pavement, but not in the wild, dangerous or on my road until i do major tree work and clean up) i might buy a couple at that price for my school. a little less intimidating for the 4 year olds as opposed to the 120 pound v13. i'll fix the s18 and make it perfect with a michelin tire i have incoming. and it sb slight ly faster, but it's dangerous for me to ride it, esp if i put the michelin on it, because i've become so acquainted with the v13's speed. s18 tops out at 31mph. i'm saving the s18 for the school also. learning on turf, tires don't matter as much, ie the jiluer tire won't suck as bad on grass.

lots of riders have these and seem to love them. inmotion's mind/attitude is correct and they are always trying to improve. i bet these latest batch v11's are better than when first released. 

other v11 owners hopefully will chime in, because i wanna know too.

https://store.inmotionworld.com/products/inmotion-v11

Edited by novazeus

9 hours ago, novazeus said:

S18 V11

From what I've read, there is a lot of maintenance with the suspension wheels, and in the case of the S18, a lot of build issues where S18s have to be partially taken apart and put back together again to fix the build issues. S18 side cases aren't that strong. The trolley handle isn't that strong, which can be an issue if trying to pick up the S18 to load or unload it. V11 is around 60 lbs. I thought S18 was 55 lbs, but it's more like 57 lbs? 

Also from what I've read, the 18L is simple and low maintenance and less than 50 lbs. The low pedals shouldn't be an issue for me as I seldom do turns that tight, and the 18L pedal height is 16.0 cm, versus my V8F 15.5 cm.

Edited by rcgldr
  • Upvote 1

On 11/10/2023 at 11:11 AM, Planemo said:

It's hard to get great sound out of something small. I'm impressed with just how good my Flip 6 is - for the size. My Charge 5 is better in sound output, but it is bigger and heavier. I usually ride with my Anker though, because it blows away the Charge 5 by a big margin - it is the Soundcore Motion Boom Plus, it cost a lot more than the small Anker speaker.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

For a compact BT speaker that sounds good the ultimate ears boom 3 is pretty decent for its size.

Also @novazeus you can buy another Harmen Karden  and pair the 2 for a real home stereo sound......:D

yeah i saw that! i had jbl's back in the day u could pair. i have a big speaker like this hk in my storage container, good quality, can't think of the name.

btw, glad ur here. 

i'll be assembling all my tools and shop outside where my soon to be three keter boxes will be, and since i lost alot of tools in the house fire, and i like new anyway, are there tools for working on euc's that are must have items. like i just got a big bottle of blue loctite, golf club epoxy(for my experimental pedal extenders, bought a workmate  125, i have all sorts of makita drills with impact that i don't plan on using, 

but for helis, i use to use one of these, and it was on sale. $5 off. very slow rpm but once u loosen a screw, it unwinds it for u.

SKIL Rechargeable 4V Cordless Screwdriver Includes 9pcs Bit, 1pc Bit Holder, USB Charging Cable - SD561801 https://a.co/d/dTFuJ9N

i gotta get some long metric bits for it. 

for now, the helis, i mean wheels that need work are, s18 needs the michelin,

s22 needs the ball bearing sliders installed. 

first v13 needs to have the michelin installed by neltrek that has been leaking since day one removed and re-installed tubeless. i'm guessing, but i think using the stock innertube with the smaller michelin tire caused the problem. other than that, that v13 is perfect. 

the last v13, is just pure ambrosia, that could be improved with a michelin pilot street 2 because that hard tire does better in the pastures than the knobby. u don't want a wide tire in a surface just covered with unseen/hidden potholes. u have no idea how much force the v13 will put on ur hips/legs/torso, keeping it vertical. there is very little line to pick, no visibility. i ran into some big ass hole up on the hill yesterday in the backhoe and thought i'd flip over. i mean, if i turned wrongway loose out here, he'd die. like i've said, one time doing surveillance in my jeep, drove into a hole where the ass end was straight up in the air. had to get my polaris or tractor to pull it out. 

i swear, i'm not a conspiracy theorist, but i think inmotion improves their wheels when they can, without some big announcement to the public. we all know batch one vs batch 2 etc problems, i'm starting to think, wheels have a soul with different personalities. out here, it's just me and the wheel, no interference except an occasional animal. this last v13, is just a smidgeon better all around, except the tire, than the batch one i got, that def had manufacturing defects, ,like the slider adjustment and the uninstalled shock, and who knows if the dealer changed the bolts, but he did change the tire so i presume he put them back correctly, althougn the tire has leaked from day one. if u screw up, don't try to bullshit ur way out of it, that gets u fired by me. 

why i'm building a "pro shop" for wheels. i'll only work on wheels that i think are worth working on, and right now, i would work on v13's and i'll have to work on mine, so i'll decide about the s22 and s18 later. the s18 is a great teaching wheel. the s22 can be a great wheel, i know. but both too slow, which could get me in trouble, being acclimated to the v13s.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

V13

One complaint about the V13 is from riders that commute and have to stop and start at a lot of intersections, where the weight (top heavy?) is an issue.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

S18 V11

My comment about maintenance on suspension wheels was mostly about the S18, which also has a history of build issues. Some of the recent first batch of hollow motor S18s had main board issues (which is mentioned in another thread here).  My concern about the V11 is that only the pedals are suspended, so riders may go over stuff that is putting excess wear and tear on the V11 internals. 

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Black Friday Bargains 2023