Black Friday Bargains 2023

novazeus

2 hours ago, rcgldr said:

One complaint about the V13 is from riders that commute and have to stop and start at a lot of intersections, where the weight (top heavy?) is an issue.

definitely the most difficult wheel for me to master to date. i'm sure that's why they named it "challenger". haha, get one with the michelin pilot street 2 on it for ur first ride and it will be like u have never ridden a wheel before. next spring for shits and giggles, go to bike week and watch the posers fall over in the parking lots. they trailer their harley's to a hotel in daytona, put on their earrings and show off their tattoos, it's like halloween for posers. nothing wrong with the harley davidson road king, the standard cop bike, but very difficult to master. it's not brute strength. i've seen 100 pound females ride waaay better than me in these harley show events they put on.

but yeah, i agree with wrongways opinions almost identically on his long term review, except i wish wrongway would state what tire pressure he runs. if u do tricks and like to film urself, i would imagine he's not running what inmotion states for their knobby.

i know nothing about gotway/begode other than what i've read online for the past 6 years. i don't like to say never, because after the fire, and getting back into this, i looked at the mten4, but thankfully bought the s18 for just a little more and paid $2599 to inmotion for the s22 amateur. these black friday deals on the s22 pro are tempting. i mean suspension sliders even not working it's a great wheel, but not an inmotion v13, and woop woop, just came in from the delivery. 

big celebrations when ur delivery point is half a mile away. must be a brand new driver for the holidays. he called me, and intuitively i knew it was him, so i answered. i told him i'd be right down to get it and hung up. he was waiting for me, haha, he said he had to get a sig. and used his hand truck to bring it to my tractor. they probably said, make the new guy deliver this behemoth. 

no, i'm not a dealer, yet, but i know what i like, and using inmotions new customer sign up bought both for $3419. compared to the other wheels, this is a bargain. even at $3999 what i paid for the first one, still a bargain compared to other prices.

but six years of following this forum off and on, has me soured on gotway/begode, and i don't want to buy one or ride one. confidence in ur wheel is huge for me, real or not.

ya, wasn't gonna play in my pig pen today, but the rain, thank u Lord, liquid gold for me, is coming in. every delivery is like childbirth for me, except with fedex u never know.

haha, i've installed the stock pads, and they make stepping off a piece of cake, idk about freemounting because my paths out here are built with rails at stopping points, but yeah, it def takes lots of legs strength. play in my pastures for a week and they all feel like toys. pavement is boring. on my old non suspension wheels i was always afraid i would fall asleep while riding. 

"a rolling stoner gathers no moss".

Star says thanks daddy, i can destroy this in no time. if there was ever a cat that could ride a wheel, it would be Star, she takes thc too for her hyperthyroidism. 

A48A9D7E-4236-4E71-B120-D181AE3F4579.jpeg.5b2a37b5d4f3b76847e3132d6bf2f32a.jpeg

1C0A4FD0-7B6B-456E-B5F6-89DB7291340F.jpeg

Edited by novazeus

black friday brand new v13 setup and observations.

what i wanted, the exact date as my perfect second v13. so far this one, except the tire, is looking good.

A69FD523-CBC1-4ED3-A263-3BE673112B58.jpeg.500eee44d4f8e9558d2ce03424550075.jpeg

here's the tire. inmotion didn't build the tire but should source better(leaperkim too)

tell me how having the center lugs not line up is good?

5DF1AA46-D838-4B01-9322-B345EE9B9070.jpeg.0ee24760cd10a25a36566581658ab6c3.jpeg

the take off tire from the first v13. doesn't have this issue. obviously chinese tires just suck!

F7E39A65-8024-4915-BDE1-DC6E6082ADBA.jpeg.885710d36d9a5d7406e4d0e84ce00037.jpeg

what the v13 would look like with the suspension delete kit. it does look cute and with the michelin should be fast. i'm probably gonna have to talk to inmotion and open up the first one, because that finicky behavior exhibited by the first one charging, where it throws an error code if u move the wheel while charging, doesn't bother this one. idk what is wrong with the first one at almost 1800 miles, but this electrical/softwarw fault should be investigated. i have to take off this slimed tire and remount it tubeless properly anyway, and i won't miss it while it's in the wheel emergency room.

47F23368-F5F0-4DAE-AD97-7E982E93C504.jpeg.c31945f96a051d4ac5cb63c806d6e6ae.jpeg

tire at 42psi cold or 78 degrees, shocks at a hair over 200psi, dampers will be off.

528700AF-BAB5-4C9C-B4F5-B3868E5099F8.jpeg.eea9dd8b9c96b55fb2de3479e1249535.jpeg

grease they use on the sliders

B5D2ECD8-6E49-45D3-830D-5C0B43AA50E6.jpeg.eae16c3d78bed24dd5f5ca7c5b492169.jpeg

pads sb placed exactly like the box for me. i extracted the nubs if anybody wants them. i have two sets perfectly extracted. the nubs are for shipping i'm sure, but @Josiahlike the feel. hurt my feet. the pads are necessary after removing the nubs and yoga mat to keep the pedal titties from damaging the sides of the wheel. which is clever of inmotion.

FAFAC6A4-3D92-4238-8138-C273B8630DC8.jpeg.26cbf716aab36e23e7ec630f424edfef.jpeg

batteries looked good

0A1279C0-0F02-4308-957B-0B2F4FA49506.thumb.png.e002429a1d3a8c70ddc2aec85c9b58ca.png

no protective film on the display, but it's pristine.

DDFC93CD-74E7-4F70-8B36-1E4B6D23DB5C.jpeg.cb2f8b203cf923b1cae4ac1e82bbc780.jpeg

more tire talk.

look at this takeoff knobby profile.

0DC730F3-9198-40C6-90B4-4CD3C987D82E.jpeg.7af7db58c62aa9e736254d11af541a43.jpeg

now look at a michelin pilot street 2

F22E6951-4B42-43C1-A3B7-DCF2395C0F85.jpeg.3950101cbeb91c92c63ea5ee770c5ab7.jpeg

if u can't figure out which tire is better for electric unicycles, between these two, then God help u.

this is off the rim deflated pictures. the michelin becomes perfectly round when inflated.

now i gotta put vicious tape on the pedals over the titties. working good that way.

6BA3F72C-8186-4DD2-89E3-17539C867871.png

BC588E16-318D-48A0-8092-10E209AE3F28.jpeg

my pedal appliques. vicious grip tape recommended by kuji rolls. he's not wrong.

70EB191D-15FE-4D7B-849C-33208B54FD70.jpeg.57f90cbd4f99200ff4924104d58a7168.jpeg883AE759-E112-454B-8B20-FDC1CE7B7A43.jpeg.024249fc0cf8c3dc73977b1903dbbb73.jpeg

633E8E48-486C-4C0F-A0EA-BF06F37406EE.png

Edited by novazeus

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

using the stock innertube with the smaller michelin tire caused the problem

I would agree, the stock tube is a 16x3.0 and that Michelin would be better served with a 2.5-2.75 tube

4 hours ago, rcgldr said:

One complaint about the V13 is from riders that commute and have to stop and start at a lot of intersections, where the weight (top heavy?) is an issue.

Doesn't seem to bother me one bit, i usually will either sit on it while I'm waiting or rest it against my leg that's planted on the ground.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I would agree, the stock tube is a 16x3.0 and that Michelin would be better served with a 2.5-2.75 tube

yeah, that's how jacob at neltrek screwed up. i mean, i'm not in arizona, i depend on humans to be able to read!

52 minutes ago, novazeus said:

look at this takeoff knobby profile.

now look at a michelin pilot street 2

if u can't figure out which tire is better for electric unicycles, between these two, then God help u.

I think you have waxed lyrical about the Michelin on the last 15 or so posts you have made, and have slated just about every other tyre!

For the record I fitted a beautifully rounded profile, brand new, high quality MC tyre on my EX30 (K66 Heidenau). It was one of the worst handling tyres I have had the misfortune to ride on.

Swopped it out for a Kenda 262 (and a knobby, no less) and its perfect.

I guess God helped me :lol:

44 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Doesn't seem to bother me one bit, i usually will either sit on it while I'm waiting or rest it against my leg that's planted on the ground.

haha, and yeah, mr yoga mat found out that while i don't use them for acceleration or braking, besides protecting the shell, that top pad is awesome for one leg holding and stepping off. with pads i'm sure i'll master freemounting np.

the stock inmotion pads are nice. really nice. i put the last two sets on without the velcro. i'll do the same with the first. velcro adds about a half inch of width, and the slimness of the v13 is what i love the most about it. compared to the tortuous s22 pads. 

42 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I think you have waxed lyrical about the Michelin on the last 15 or so posts you have made, and have slated just about every other tyre!

For the record I fitted a beautifully rounded profile, brand new, high quality MC tyre on my EX30 (K66 Heidenau). It was one of the worst handling tyres I have had the misfortune to ride on.

Swopped it out for a Kenda 262 (and a knobby, no less) and its perfect.

I guess God helped me :lol:

here's the reason why, i got an email from one of jason's employee about the veteran lynx street tire selection.

if bitching non-stop about leaperkim's tire selection will prevent me from having to change the damn tire as soon as i get the wheel, i'll keep on bitching or wait until leaperkim wakes up. send the damn wheel without the tire. ur sending it in kit form anyway. stupid stupid stupid! one tire on ur machine, and u gotta cheap out. idiots!

here's the pic he sent. 

max load 320 pounds. so maximum riding weight sb under 230 pound which will rule out the fatties on the forum.

249B2B04-DCAA-4FF5-956F-E4CD54DF3620.jpeg.15f4c6c59c9a0e3b6e6cf109a7c64be6.jpeg

here's the v13 stock knobby max load 396

B529A591-2D88-467E-893C-AFD97F08B50B.png.3487e47e236e8bf26daa43618de6affa.png

here's the michelin max load 397

27697AE3-F5D1-4A38-BBC2-9264B9195799.jpeg.50f67327a8e992686fb0688195e8d320.jpeg

6A685E8E-0849-48A6-B8CE-E96500C425E4.jpeg

yeah, i hate this tire just looking at it. at least it's tubeless so i won't have to source a valve when i rip it ff and install the michelin.

79EC8F56-DDBC-4EC2-BB9E-ACB1125F2ECC.png.aab440e840197aa33cab5aaf9d24b7cd.png

Edited by novazeus

44 minutes ago, Planemo said:

It was one of the worst handling tyres I have had the misfortune to ride on.

totally subjective. some riders on this forum like marty, only puts 28psi in every tire he owns. probably is unaware of the tires sidewall markings. 

if u don't come from a street motorcycle background, u probably don't know shit about these motorcycle street tires. if ur on a trail running a knobby, who cares, it's when ur picking ur ass off the pavement because of sidewall deflection wobbles, only happen on pavement, there's no give, like in dirt or gravel.

there's no need for knobbies within a hundred miles of me. 

1 minute ago, novazeus said:

totally subjective. some riders on this forum like marty, only puts 28psi in every tire he owns. probably is unaware of the tires sidewall markings. 

if u don't come from a street motorcycle background, u probably don't know shit about these motorcycle street tires. if ur on a trail running a knobby, who cares, it's when ur picking ur ass off the pavement because of sidewall deflection wobbles, only happen on pavement, there's no give, like in dirt or gravel.

there's no need for knobbies within a hundred miles of me. 

I agree. Lower tire pressure is great for when your learning. But once you start turning you realize you need more air pressure in that tire IMO.

• Upvote 1

I totally hear you. Every fibre of my being says that a decent, properly sized MC tyre should be eminently better than the crap thats supplied on 99% of EUC's. But I've tried two now, the K66 and a Michelin Pilot on my MSX. Both were bloody awful.

Went back to the cheap, crappy knobbys and handling was perfect.

I can't explain why, it goes against everything I know from many years of riding MC's. But it is what it is, at least in my experience.

I wish I could get on with MC tyres, not only because they have the right weight capacity but because they are tougher, more resistant to punctures and have superior grip capability. But when they handle like crap (both of mine tramlined like crazy) it all goes out the window.

For me, EUC's just don't behave like MC's when it comes to what should be a decent tyre.

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

totally subjective.

As are your views on the 'amazing' Michelin, remember.

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

if u don't come from a street motorcycle background, u probably don't know shit about these motorcycle street tires.

Totally unnecessary response. For info I spent 30 years on MC's.

But as you can't converse with any decorum I'll leave it there.

• Like 1

Meh, I'm easy to please and not much of a connoisseur of rubber - I even like the Jiluer street tire on my S22 Pro. Not sure why we need to throw mud at each other over tyre preference - to each his/her own.

Edit: I have owned MCs, too, and agree that tire selection for bikes is important.

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, litewave said:

Meh, I'm easy to please and not much of a connoisseur of rubber - I even like the Jiluer street tire on my S22 Pro. Not sure why we need to throw mud at each other over tyre preference - to each his/her own.

Edit: I have owned MCs, too, and agree that tire selection for bikes is important.

is the jiluer tire the same as the one on the s18? 

could u please take a picture of urs?

E93EB811-2345-4F4D-8D6F-42459FA8F96F.thumb.jpeg.5a921109cb17b64379716e8a0a45784d.jpeg

here's what came on the s18, not what king song pimped in their kuji rolls reveal.

40 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I totally hear you. Every fibre of my being says that a decent, properly sized MC tyre should be eminently better than the crap thats supplied on 99% of EUC's. But I've tried two now, the K66 and a Michelin Pilot on my MSX. Both were bloody awful.

Went back to the cheap, crappy knobbys and handling was perfect.

I can't explain why, it goes against everything I know from many years of riding MC's. But it is what it is, at least in my experience.

I wish I could get on with MC tyres, not only because they have the right weight capacity but because they are tougher, more resistant to punctures and have superior grip capability. But when they handle like crap (both of mine tramlined like crazy) it all goes out the window.

For me, EUC's just don't behave like MC's when it comes to what should be a decent tyre.

a motorcycle has two tires. we're balancing on one!

this is the jiluer tire that came on the s18. do u think the asymetrical knobs and center rib works good on an euc. 

running the tire pressure at the proper pressure for the combine weight of the rider and wheel is definitely more difficult to ride until u get use to it. 

go into the archives of this forum, and u will see every moderator told newbies to deflate their tires to make learning easier. the michelin tire is the most difficult to master, but once u do, it's the most fun. but don't hurt urself, stay with deflated knobbies. 

this is the internet, all the advice, contrary to the tire manufacturers and the euc manufacturers, by this forum has gotten people hurt, is still here. 

if u wanna do tricks, ride on one foot, by all means, flatten ur tires, they won't burst, as jason says, but when the wobbles from braking or acceleration throw u on the pavement, u better air up. or don't listen to me or the tire and wheel builders. 

marty likes the number 28.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

yup, brand new wheel, better call inmotion!

haha, if wheels didn't have oddball errors, they wouldn't be wheels.

68380BA3-2BBB-4561-8219-CE116FBFB094.thumb.png.87de02867f6791a2d601277103528653.png

nope, just didn't turn the app off before i turned the wheel off!

oh my, what to do now?

turn the wheel off, plug the charger into the wheel, then the charger into the wall socket, the error will clear automatically, then unplug from the wall, the wheel will shut down and then remove the 4 pin plug from the rear. 

idk if my second one has this shut down quirk or not. i know the first one doesn't wanna be touched while charging. 

they are like horses with different personalities.

oh yeah, please be sure ur charger fan is working. my second charger's fan didn't and it got so hot u could fry an egg on it. inmotion promptly sent a new one. u gotta wait and watch it because for some reason the fan is thermally switched, like 1mw the fan uses woukd matter if it was on full time.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

fyi knobbies on pavement. if knobbies were good on pavement they wouldn't be illegal on pavement. 

My knobby is totally fine on pavement - I don't know where the idea comes from that they are not, but I for sure don't agree with it !

Edited by Cerbera

2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

My knobby is totally fine on pavement - I don't know where the idea comes from that they are not.

u might be fine with them, is ur govt?

only dot knobbys legal here on pavement.

https://www.whitedalton.co.uk/motorbike-blog/2016/10/are-knobbly-tyres-road-legal/

Edited by novazeus

43 minutes ago, novazeus said:

u might be fine with them, is ur govt?

only dot knobbys legal here on pavement.

Well over here wheels aren't legal anywhere, so making the tyre so is a fart in a hurricane !

5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Well over here wheels aren't legal anywhere, so making the tyre so is a fart in a hurricane !

hey, i'm just answering ur question, where did knobbys not being good on pavement come from. i know they aren't.

but my v13 with it's stock knobby inflated to 2 over max, works pretty damn good on pavement, at 42psi. not as fun as the michelin however. definitely easier to ride by a long shot. 

no kickstand or free helmet gift yet. i guess that's a later shipment. i'd never sell this wheel to somebody without a kickstand, although i think i might buy or build out of steel(what i do) a vertical stand, so condensation won't drip on that rear panel. but i can't see how the shell stays vertical unless against a wall

this one, but so expensive. .

https://clarkpads.com/products/metal-wheel-stand-for-your-euc

Edited by novazeus

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

is the jiluer tire the same as the one on the s18? 

could u please take a picture of urs?

here's what came on the s18, not what king song pimped in their kuji rolls reveal.

See my response in the Tires forum below.

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Black Friday Bargains 2023