Real question - what's it's carry capacity???

My 280lbs heavy ass needs this!!!

Jokes aside, it's almost same weight as Mten4, but same time much weaker. WTF.... Why would anyone buy this then? :confused1:

Edited by Funky

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

Real question - what's it's carry capacity???

My 280lbs heavy ass needs this!!!

Jokes aside, it's almost same weight as Mten4, but same time weaker. WTF.... Why would anyone buy this then? :confused1:

My local guys are saying its perfect for their kids. Age ranges 5-9 or something. It pretty much is the kingsong basketball replacement.

I have an mten4 and I still kinda want this. All comes down to price. We host a weekly session where people come to learn EUC at a parking lot. Could be fun to just boot around at a parking lot at walking speeds while teaching beginners

• Like 1

LOL a 10s1p battery pack? At least replacing the battery ought to be easy and affordable. I started riding on a 16s1p generic Chinese unicycle with 400W when I still weighed close to 290lbs and it never cut out on me. As long as you dont push it too hard even those tiny wheels can be reasonably safe. I suspect this wheel is more aimed at kids though.

I bet it will be the cheapest new name brand wheel on the market by a huge margin. Way below $500 would be my guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

My local guys are saying its perfect for their kids. Age ranges 5-9 or something. It pretty much is the kingsong basketball replacement.

I have an mten4 and I still kinda want this. All comes down to price. We host a weekly session where people come to learn EUC at a parking lot. Could be fun to just boot around at a parking lot at walking speeds while teaching beginners

Ahh yeah... I forgot about 21 century, where parents buy electric pev's for their recently learned to walk kids. And they get their first iPhone at age 1, also pierced ears at month old. Still Mten4 would be much better option even for kids.

Dam i'm getting old. I just had my first boomer moment. OMG.

How do you do, fellow kids' has become the 'how do you do, fellow kids' of  memes - The Verge

31 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

I bet it will be the cheapest new name brand wheel on the market by a huge margin. Way below $500 would be my guess.

I think more like ~650$.. (We all know it cost 300$. But we live upscaled world.)

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Funky said:

it's almost same weight as Mten4, but same time much weaker. WTF.... Why would anyone buy this then? :confused1:

1 hour ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Yeah, it's definitely for kids.. Or should I say for the parents - so that they can push their kids into EUC fever. :D 

The bright colors also feel super kid oriented. And the 30km/h free-spin especially means it will probably barely move - much friendlier speeds to kids than accidentally (or braggingly/overconfidently) going 40km/h on a mten4 and smacking into X object because child no understander dingy.

Edited by Phonoman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Begode has announced an mten mini. 11 inch, 42v, 180wh battery. Seems like a competitor to the kingsong s9

395246660_760287286110990_8412143615625849474_n.jpg.4b1742ae91988e2bcb6243ef9f9a4d1c.jpg395726264_760287296110989_1938484486745358101_n.thumb.jpg.32d1fd66dabd15b11b4fd0a8fc56bf6e.jpg394633057_760287306110988_2036992200281666907_n.thumb.jpg.ae2a9cd27aaa6d069bc63cdacec7b738.jpg394638200_760287419444310_7051912317344909083_n.thumb.jpg.e828dbdd64561d2b6766ac999ce42332.jpg

A one-wheel with correct mounted pedals.    Not in front and back,  on the sides!

I suspect the battery was deliberately made small so it could pass security inspections. I wonder, is 180Wh the limit anywehere?

Also, what I need is something that can be range extended with a powerbank. 

Recently in China public transportation has tightened down on eucs. They're not allowed anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Robse said:

What?    Link to info?

At least they're not allowed where I live anymore. (north-east, larger city).

Maybe in the major cities it's different. 

I used to bring a V8 for many many years with me on the high speed train. That they've blocked since last year. 

Also on light rail now, since 2 weeks ago. It's kind of like an over ground subway with stations far apart.

I haven't tried the normal subway yet or buses. I'll get back to you when I know.

Buses are easy to avoid because there aren't security checks. Put a bag over the wheel and they can't stop you. But subways they could technically refuse a tiny Mten3 (which I have as well) in your bag.

Edited by alcatraz
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Phonoman said:

Yeah, it's definitely for kids.. Or should I say for the parents - so that they can push their kids into EUC fever. :D 

The bright colors also feel super kid oriented. And the 30km/h free-spin especially means it will probably barely move - much friendlier speeds to kids than accidentally (or braggingly/overconfidently) going 40km/h on a mten4 and smacking into X object because child no understander dingy.

30 OR 40 doesn't matter - the parent will put their own speed limit. (Even 20 is way to fast!) I would prefer my kid wheel to have "bigger" top speed - more safety margin.. Riding max 10-15km/h should be perfect for any kid.

6 hours ago, Funky said:

30 OR 40 doesn't matter - the parent will put their own speed limit. (Even 20 is way to fast!) I would prefer my kid wheel to have "bigger" top speed - more safety margin.. Riding max 10-15km/h should be perfect for any kid.

The text says 30 km/h max free-spin, not max riding speed. So, unless that's a typo, then I'm guessing the max riding speed would be 20ish?

20km/h vs 40km/h is a huge difference. :) 

Also, kids nowadays get an iphone during their birth, so I wouldn't find it surprising them changing the wheel max speed themselves at some point. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phonoman said:

The text says 30 km/h max free-spin, not max riding speed. So, unless that's a typo, then I'm guessing the max riding speed would be 20ish?

20km/h vs 40km/h is a huge difference. :) 

Also, kids nowadays get an iphone during their birth, so I wouldn't find it surprising them changing the wheel max speed themselves at some point. 

Apps and settings can be password controlled.. So good luck changing settings.

I thought it was max ridding speed. :D  Now thinking about it's battery/motor size - you are right.

Again if speed is controlled - max speed doesn't matter really. The safety margin matters more then 20km/h vs 40km/h.. 500W and 180Wh - the rider needs to be under 60kg. As any heavier rider could overpower it simply going over a bigger pebble. :D 

Edited by Funky