Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

8 minutes ago, Paul D said:

I’m looking for more torque, enough range, some safety margin for my fat ass. If I could ride around 4k feet if climbing at about 30 miles of fun with confidence f the power of what I’m riding,

The Lynx offers a more premium package than the Patton.  But most likely you won't be disappointed with either one.

I don't normally talk about the Sherman-S because I don't find it that special for my use case, other than the butter smooth suspension action. I don't need the range, and I like the ride feel and handling a lot more on the S22, Patton, or Lynx.

38 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

You are correct that compared to Patton the weight is not bad. But compared to S22 It's a lot heavier. It has only about 1,2 kg more in battery cells. The rest goes for something else. 

If you have to lift up your wheel, then I can understand. 

But if you don't have to lift, the Lynx feels light and nimble. You need to test one out.

My impression is that the Lynx is a better built wheel than the S22/Pro.

I rode my S22 just before I test rode the Patton, Lynx, and S22 Pro back to back. Although I just roll the Lynx around, but I could tell it rides basically like a light and agile wheel in the S22 class, IMO. However, for me, the Lynx is definitely an upgrade to a S22 / Pro. 

If I already own a Patton, then I would have a harder time justifying upgrading to a Lynx.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I'm starting to warm up on the Lynx. Not because of the voltage or speed, but because Inmotion doesn't seem to be doing the 18" version of V14 or V13. At least not for next summer. I've just wanted a V11 with more range! And maybe a better suspension. But that's all I needed. If I go for the Lynx I feel like I'm paying a lot of money for specs I will never need. And not only money, those specs also cost a lot of extra weight. 

Not against others wanting to ride 100 km/h. But for me the idea of a unicycle is to be a replacement of an e-bike or a moped. I'm riding on bike lanes, not among cars. If I want to ride at motorcycle speeds among cars, I'd choose another type of vehicle and it also requires different set of gear. 

Other than being bloated on voltage and top speed (and price), the Lynx seems to do many things right. Nice and easy to maintain suspension, good size battery (not too big and heavy), perfect size tire, street tire option with tubeless, good quality etc. 

As someone who just came from inmotion wheels (i ride mainly 16inch wheels) I was very happy when I got the Patton. The quality is on par, if dare I say better in many areas. Their software/firmware while not laid out as pretty as inmotion's is very much on Par. I will also say better because I have not come across any software bugs that I have seen in my V12. I also like Veterans Ride feel and wheel balance a bit better than the others that I have ridden. 

I am not saying to go for the Lynx. The weight is a bit higher than you seem to like, plus the price is a Big Ask.. I just think if you did make the switch quality wise, and ride wise I doubt you would be disapointed.

I am not discounting Inmotion. I really enjoy their wheels as well, I just dont think anyone coming from an inmotion wheel will be disappointed in Veterans quality 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

As someone who just came from inmotion wheels (i ride mainly 16inch wheels) I was very happy when I got the Patton. The quality is on par, if dare I say better in many areas. Their software/firmware while not laid out as pretty as inmotion's is very much on Par. I will also say better because I have not come across any software bugs that I have seen in my V12. I also like Veterans Ride feel and wheel balance a bit better than the others that I have ridden. 

+1.

As much as I like my V12, I have say the Veteran wheels overall has a higher build quality than a V12. I own an Abrams.  And the Patton and Lynx look to be well built.

As for riding dynamics, I believe the S22/Pro and Patton are a bit better than the V12. Of course it can be rather subjective. Both the V12 and Patton feels easy to control, light and agile, but are less skittish, and felt more in control than the V12.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MandatoryFun said:

I got into EUCs from e-scooters because of their portability, lower maintenance, and fun factor. I was considering upgrading from my 16X to one of the new 16 inch wheels with suspension because the roads here California are far too often in poor condition. I narrowed it down to the Patton and the V14 when I finally got into an accident on my 16X because of a hole in a newly paved road. ... That's when my concerns turned more towards safety and a larger wheel with suspension to eat up the bumps and potholes. The Lynx became the obvious choice because I was considering the Patton.

Big pot holes or other big depression-type road imperfections are deadly. 22" or larger would give you the best fighting chance. But for a second wheel, 20" is a good compromise. Although, avoiding them is the first defence. In reality, it may not be possible all the time. That is why when I go on a road that I haven't been on before, I go through it nice and slow. But with euc's, sometimes even that is not enough.

I crashed once on a road that did not had a big depression within 24 hours earlier. And I rode through there a lot. It was a time when the sun was setting. My eyes couldn't differentiate the subtle differences in gray based on a glance. The depression was in the shadow. It could have been cause by a heavy truck going over a portion that wasn't well supported under the asphalt. There are just many ways one can get hurt on a euc.

Suspension is a game changer for combating this type of threat. It would be hard press to do better than on a good 20" suspension wheel like the Lynx, since it has one of the best suspension out of the box.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I crashed once on a road that did not had a big depression within 24 hours earlier. And I rode through there a lot. It was a time when the sun was setting. My eyes couldn't differentiate the subtle differences in gray based on a glance. The depression was in the shadow. It could have been cause by a heavy truck going over a portion that wasn't well supported under the asphalt. There are just many ways one can get hurt on a euc.

Suspension is a game changer for combating this type of threat. It would be hard press to do better than on a good 20" suspension wheel like the Lynx, since it has one of the best suspension out of the box.

Similar situation. My crash happened at sunset and I couldn't see the hole in the newly paved asphalt. I think they finished just a day or two prior. It was all black. I was lulled into a sense of safety because it was ultra smooth. I was probably only going ~15 mph but I could barely see it even when I walked back to inspect what caused it.

I might take the Lynx to the exact same spot just to see how it does.:lol:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MandatoryFun said:

My crash happened at sunset and I couldn't see the hole in the newly paved asphalt. I think they finished just a day or two prior. It was all black

Wow, that is really deadly. Freshly paved is all black. And at a time around sunset. Definitely, a deadly combination.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Anybody know this measurement?

I heard there are options to lower the pedals? Anybody know more?

What about seat options? How do they work with trolley handle?

IMG_1424.jpeg

Seats mount to the front or rear handles and swivel up when you want to use the handle.

The length of the red line, I will check tomorrow if no one responds by then.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Voyager said:

I thought I'd heard that too, but can't find anything. I may have been thinking of the V14 video that Afeez recently posted. If they're making adjustable hangers for the V14, maybe they'll do the same for Lynx? 

Time stamped:

Edit: I knew I'd seen it somewhere before... It was bugging me until I remembered! :D 

I'll leave that first video up in case anyone's interested. Mods please remove it if not applicable to the thread. (Which it's probably not now)

Credit to Ronin in his last video. Time stamped again.

Ronin mentions two models of adjustable hangers. 

I can't see the link below the video for the 'Beidou' but he does leave the following link below the video on YouTube.

Houning Pedal hangers: Join Houning's telegram group at https://t.me/houningning 

For the Beidou pedal hangers, just ask Ewheels if they can help. Its the same maker as the seat that they already have. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, PourUC said:

Got mine.

Main complaint so far. PWM reporting needs to be updated in their firmware. Currently it has an internal PWM rating you can only observe via beeps. What it sends out to apps is something else. EUC World Safety Margin is essentially busted on this wheel because of this.

I have had it up to 52.7 mph (GPS) with no beeps so it has given me confidence in it's power. 

My ideal pad setup doesn't work with Flows. I will need to cut some of their base on the front pads a little to make tiny adjustments to how I like it.

Braking is really good.

Light is absolutely blinding, I have seen WW's showing of the Cyclope Halo light. It solves the blinding but loses the absolute brightness from what I could tell so I will just be making a cover that cuts the beam a bit that sticks on with magnets or velcro.

I got the 70lb suspension and from my limited testing (76kg naked) down stairs and small drops, go for the 66lb unless you are a behemoth.

Pedals are decently grippy and compared to my S22 they feel better, but that could be due to those wearing down over time. I have some E-Rides pedals that I am debating fitting as the stock pedals are really light compared.

So the 70lb feels too firm for you? I'm about your weight maybe slightly more, and I was even thinking 62lb based on what others have said. 

Also which size flow pads do you have?

1 hour ago, PourUC said:

I have had it up to 52.7 mph (GPS) with no beeps so it has given me confidence in it's power. 

My ideal pad setup doesn't work with Flows. I will need to cut some of their base on the front pads a little to make tiny adjustments to how I like it.

Braking is really good.

Which tire did you get? All the reviewers only have the knobby tire. I wanted to hear about someone's experience with the street tire. I went with the street tire but I'm concerned that it will be more prone to speed or braking wobbles than the knobby.

19 minutes ago, MandatoryFun said:

Which tire did you get? All the reviewers only have the knobby tire. I wanted to hear about someone's experience with the street tire. I went with the street tire but I'm concerned that it will be more prone to speed or braking wobbles than the knobby.

Chooch got the street tire 

https://youtu.be/My54w9WKG2M?si=cLRF4p1U_sTW7tmW

• Thanks 1

If the light is blinding oncoming traffic that might be a dealbreaker for me. A small detail but this should be done properly. It’s just a stupid reason to attract bad attention on already illegal vehicle. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hydracricket said:

You're right. Thanks!

I already watched the video but I do remember his claim that the knobby tires tend to reduce range. He rides fast on that tubeless street tire so it must perform pretty well.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

If the light is blinding oncoming traffic that might be a dealbreaker for me. A small detail but this should be done properly. It’s just a stupid reason to attract bad attention on already illegal vehicle. 

It does seem odd that they changed several small things from the Sherman s, but kept the same blinding light. Not sure if it's a deal breaker for me personally, cuz it can be modded, but it would be nice if they changed it

2 minutes ago, hydracricket said:

It does seem odd that they changed several small things from the Sherman s, but kept the same blinding light.

Agreed that the light isn’t ideal for nighttime urban riding, but this wheel probably shares almost no parts with the SS. It’s pretty much all new. 

Thinking about the Lynx in comparison to my Sherman S. On my Sherman S I can ride at decent enough speeds for ~100km and get home with ~38% battery. If the Lynx has a similar efficiency then it should be good for the same sorts of speeds for 100km with a few percent remaining. It should be able to comfortably go 80km with a decent amount of battery remaining, probably enough for most riders. My Begode RS once did ~70km and had less than 10% battery left, I also had to dial back the speed to make sure I could get home - but that had 1,800Wh, in comparison the Lynx with 2,700Wh has 50% more battery, so it makes sense that it could go a bit further, without needing to pull back on the speed and without being so low on battery. I think I'd not be happy to only have 1,800Wh, but 2,700Wh would be fine for most rides.

I think that 2,700Wh is pretty decent and the ~5kg lower weight (compared to the Sherman S) is a reasonable trade-off. I can see this being a good choice for a lot of riders. I wouldn't mind one, but I already have my 1,100cc motorcycle, my e-MTB, my new Inmotion RS scooter (quick AF), my Sherman S and my Inmotion V12HT - it is hard to justify buying a 3rd EUC.

30 minutes ago, hydracricket said:

Well yeah, but isn't the light similar? Or am I thinking of the Patton

For sure, they’re all pretty similar, as in they’re not low beams. The WrongWay Lynx review covers the headlight pretty thoroughly.