The Photo Thread

SlowMo

1 hour ago, Aztek said:

Aren't you forced to step too far ahead with this pads' position (and risking falling back when going down stairs for example)?

Ah no, you can't see what's going on round the other side; the right side pads are offset back slightly and that's the side where I am constantly locked into for braking.

I don't know why I've gone for an asymmetric setup, but it suits how I naturally stand on the wheel.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Well that was easier to get to than I first thought, and considerably leafier than text books had led me to believe !

And no sulfuric acid atmosphere!

Is this one of those scale models of the solar system where a post 10 miles further has the next planet on it? Can you do a ride of all of them, or does the Master not have enough range?

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

And no sulfuric acid atmosphere!

Is this one of those scale models of the solar system where a post 10 miles further has the next planet on it? Can you do a ride of all of them, or does the Master not have enough range?

They've put a load of them all over the country park. I am guessing they are following some sort of solar distance relationship to teach the kids, which would explain why earth and Mars were virtually right next to each other, yet Neptune was up the top of the hill about 3 miles away ! Haven't yet found the others !

47 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

They've put a load of them all over the country park. I am guessing they are following some sort of solar distance relationship to teach the kids, which would explain why earth and Mars were virtually right next to each other, yet Neptune was up the top of the hill about 3 miles away ! Haven't yet found the others !

If Neptune is about 3 miles away from Earth, then the distance between Earth and Mars must be 3 miles / 2853414353 miles (dist. Earth<>Neptune) * 86991966 miles (dist. Eart<>Mars) = 0,091 miles = 147 meters

Extra: if Voyager1 were to be placed in this scala copy of our solar system, it would have to lie approx 16 miles away. ( it is 159 AU away from Earth, Neptune is 30 AU, so 159/30*3)

Annotation 2023-04-25 220800.jpg

Edited by Robse
  • Like 1

I remember Roman Villas being a bit bigger than this in the documentaries...

image.thumb.png.a87357a3ef71d027aaed1472f9ee305b.png

Seriously, it was this, and then nothing but woodland for miles !! Oh, and 1 straight(ish) road. Maybe that was theirs.

Edited by Cerbera

23 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I remember Roman Villas being a bit bigger than this in the documentaries...

image.thumb.png.a87357a3ef71d027aaed1472f9ee305b.png

Seriously, it was this, and then nothing but woodland for miles !! Oh, and 1 straight(ish) road. Maybe that was theirs.

Should be a smallish Roman mouse villa... Or vast Roman insect villa.

Edited by Aztek
  • Haha 1