Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

21 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I just saw the hall sensor cable (from a private Inmotion video) and based on the number of wires it appears that the V14 only has one hall sensor. I'll confirm when I open mine tonight.

Then why did you say “ one of the Hall sensors must have failed, but the other one must still be working “? 😂😂😂  Let me guess: you thought it had two Hall sensors, but you actually didn’t had precise knowledge about it 🤔

Edited by Paul g

40 minutes ago, Paul g said:

Then why did you say “ one of the Hall sensors must have failed, but the other one must still be working “? 😂😂😂  Let me guess: you thought it had two Hall sensors, but you actually didn’t had precise knowledge about it 🤔

Well even @Marty Backe is human.

Since it uses same raptor board according to Inmotion launch presentation as the V13, I too would assume the V14 could support 2 hall sensor systems. But in the same launch they only said it have 1 hall sensor. 

Now given it is a bit of time back this could have been subject for change since other forum members raised this. 

Not it has been debated here if it would really matter much for 2 reasons. 1 how often we see hall sensor fault and 2 when this would occur since it is very likely to be detected on power on of the EUC. 

I am pretty sure Marty would know if it was a GW/Begode model. If I understand it right Marty do not have contact directly with Inmotion but the review and test is facilitated by Ewheels/ @Jason McNeil.

Since I do not have testing option of the V14 I can't confirm what is right or wrong on early models nor if it could change in the future. 

Personally 2 hall sensors is a nice to have feature. But like debated by other it is a rare problem to hear about during actual riding. I am not say it does not happen. But there are other things I much rather spend money on to get less risk of a problem. 

That has actually been addressed on the V14. Here I think about how the V14 can operate despite failing battery packs and how you can attach 1 to 4 packs without causing a problem. And that you have pack by pack and cell by cell status in the app connected to the wheel. 

It is a balance of product cost and likely hood of a potential problem as I view it. 

• Upvote 2

Just spotted this on YouTube. 

I don't recall I seen this guy before. I have not watched it all so for now I call tell how this review/first impression is like. I also tend to take new people I have just come across with a pinch (or two) of salt. Simple because new reviewers could have other view or opinions than what I focus on. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

Just spotted this on YouTube. 

I don't recall I seen this guy before. I have not watched it all so for now I call tell how this review/first impression is like. I also tend to take new people I have just come across with a pinch (or two) of salt. Simple because new reviewers could have other view or opinions than what I focus on. 

i like johnny, he's just up the road from me. he was wrong for blaming the michelin tire for his poor driving and ruining his rim. a knobby would have been the same or worse. 

but yeah, i'm sure johnny is repping for inmotion but the v14 looks like an awesome trail wheel to me. as long as it's faster than bears.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Paul g said:

Because the Inmotion Diagnostic Application specifically stated, "The motor left hall sensor failed". Does this not imply that there is a "right" hall sensor too. And that the V13 has two hall sensors might imply that Inmotion will use two hall sensors on all of their wheel.

Did I explain it to you well enough???

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Because the Inmotion Diagnostic Application specifically stated, "The motor left hall sensor failed". Does this not imply that there is a "right" hall sensor too. And that the V13 has two hall sensors might imply that Inmotion will use two hall sensors on all of their wheel.

haha, which left? i get those error screens on my first v13, not hall sensor, and not fun, but my only choice is figuring it out. i wish marty would get smart and move here next to me so he could work on my wheels. or train some kids how to work on wheels. or maybe i can entice @houseofjobto come down and run a dealership. trusting someone to work on ur motorcycle that u blast down the interstate at 100mph, is something i could never do. idk if i could trust someone to work on a wheel. if the mechanics had the right personality, i think it could work, ie willing to answer stupid questions to gain customer confidence. 

haha, beginning with my first wheel, the famous alien, the ks 18s, wheels will get u familiar with troubleshooting with our fellow humans in china. and i'd like to add, they have always been very courteous dealing with me. better than american based customer service.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, I can now confirm with my own eyes that even though the control board has connectors for two hall sensors, the V14 only uses one of them. No hall sensor redundancy for the V14

ok. thank u so much.

now on to the lynx.

btw, will everybody have to assemble their lynx? just asking. might be really clever liability wise.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Probably a controller thing, it has support for 2 of them and depending on where you plug it in it will say left or right.

• Upvote 1

btw @Marty Backewould u pls stop injuring urself. i think i'm ur copycat. i bruised some ribs or broke them, they hurt, because i did exactly, i think, what u did when u tried to grab that railing and fell into it. 

i tried to grab my galvanized hay ring with my gloved hand, and slipped right off into the galvanized pipes. i didn't realize it until watching my return pasture video. i thought it was metastatic cancer. relieved it's only broken ribs. that time, the gloves and wrist protectors caused the injury for me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

😂 Oh, I get it Marty,  you were duped by the V13 legacy firmware 😂

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

😳 Yes sir! 🫡 😛😛😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I know you replied to your own quote but I’d like to point out in programmer speak a ‘left’ error does not specifically mean there exists a ‘right’, sometimes code is reused for economy purposes

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, zaft said:

I know you replied to your own quote but I’d like to point out in programmer speak a ‘left’ error does not specifically mean there exists a ‘right’, sometimes code is reused for economy purposes

The software tester should have caught that and flagged it, if they had a software tester. 

1 hour ago, zaft said:

in the english language, mentioning a left suggests that there is a right, pretty much all the time. We all know that inmotion advertised the dual hall sensor setup as a significant safety feature / selling point for a previous model (who in the euc world isn't aware of that). It would be obvious to assume that there were two hall sensors as inmotion's app suggested. Bad english is bad english, whether it's in programming or a book. The message itself isn't actually part of the code, of course.

Edited by Uras

1 hour ago, zaft said:

Sloppy coding. China. Enough said :D

7 hours ago, zaft said:

The controller board has support for 2 hall sensors, 2 plugs, left and right.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

The controller board has support for 2 hall sensors, 2 plugs, left and right.

It has partial hardware support for hall sensor redundancy, but that doesn't mean the error message should not be updated to reflect what has actually been implemented. This oversight or lazy programming is not a good sign coming from a company with a reputation for better build quality, IMO. 

Edited by techyiam

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

It has partial hardware support for hall sensor redundancy, but that doesn't mean the error message should not be updated to reflect what has actually been implemented. This oversight or lazy programming is not a good sign coming from a company with a reputation for better build quality, IMO. 

Nah, that's very common practice. Companies reuse parts in different products of the same type to reduce manufacturing costs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skunkmonkey said:

Nah, that's very common practice. Companies reuse parts in different products of the same type to reduce manufacturing costs.

That was the point. The firmware was mostly likely pulled from the V13, which is a 126 V wheel. But the V14 is a 134.4 V wheel. Hence, they would have to make some modifications to the adapt the V13 firmware to the V14. And thus, my conclusion.