Colored lights illegal on an EUC? (Split from “Inmotion V13 Speculation”)

Paul A

50 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I did worry about that when I first got the Master, whose tail light glows blue when stationary (but not in motion). Fortunately for me I guess, my Grizzla handles block it from general view... and my under-pedal lights, which I would have blue if I could, to contrast nicely with my red lasers, can change to any colour, so red on red will have to do !

Ah yes good point. Probably best if we make clear to EUC manufacturers that Blue or Blue/Red lights, front or rear are a big no-no.
Begode seem to like using blue or blue/red.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Ah yes good point. Probably best if we make clear to EUC manufacturers that Blue or Blue/Red lights, head or rear are a big no-no.
Begode seem to like using blue or blue/red.

I believe red alone is fine though ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I believe red alone is fine though ?

Yes red alone is fine, but Blue/Red might be problematic (mTen4 headlight?), and Blue/Red blinking in any way the most troublesome.

Edited by supercurio
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

When I got my helmet lights, I was warned that the options including blue were illegal in my area. I understand RAAZ not being aware, but the situation got a whole lot worse with the attitude. Maybe it was too late at that point, but a simple "sorry, I didn't know and will remove them" + cooperation in the moment might have helped a lot. 😔

• Like 3

If someone want to learn something from this case, 2 things come to mind.

1.) Be polite to police officers, even if they are wrong or do wrong thing(in your mind). You have better rights in courtroom, where your behaviour will be judged.

2.) Never use bluelights, especially if they blink. I think using em counts as misdemeanor in US. (TIP: Replace any leds that blink blue, or atleast use some small paint coat over it to make it not a bluelight. You better off finding lights that don't have the blue in long run.)

---

Mr, omgitsraaz commited misdemeanor because the lights, I assume the police has footage of him riding while they blink too. He would have gotten away with ticket and education of some sort of speech not to use those light combos. He could have used his right to "stfu", he instead got the officer possible break slightly his code of conduct, and those are enforced by the police station chief, at worst prolly some time of or re-training to not use violent-force immediately to someone argumentive. I assume the blinking red/blue is enough to ask for ID, but in some state it indeed is not required to provide ID unless proven you committed a crime.

A misdemeanor is a type of offense punishable under criminal law. A misdemeanor is typically a crime punishable by less than 12 months in jail. Community service, probation, fines, and imprisonment for less than a year are commonly issued punishments for misdemeanors.

---

Top of the misdemeanor he now has additional failure to identify. And that time lost sitting it out. I think the night time is something you should be aware. In statistics it has a rise in weird behaviour, also from the enforcer side. 

Last thing, he kind of does have the right to pottymouth around(just not helping usually any case), but if in case like this the officer escalates and uses physical force, it is still quite difficult to throw the case. The failure to identify kind of give right to arrest him. It is more about the code of conduct part if the officer followed right procedure using force immediately after he said it would be a option and ~30 sec later you lie in the ground. Most department require to give a possibility to follow verbal commands and you have to repeat em. Code of conduct is usually visible for public too, tho some department are 'not'. 

For mr. omgitsraaz has other traffic violations too, like riding stop-sign non-stop encounter. His youtube showcases riding in motorway. And seems people go accuse that on this case too, altho his video is edited and not accepted in court. His youtube channel might harm his case in court, based on videos he have there. 

It would be good for mr. "raaz" to read the law regarding use of vehicles in means of transport. He also had misunderstanding that bicycles do not need to stop at stop-signs. Could be good thing to just read up the laws once a year, sometimes they have some change to em too. Usually there are campaings or tests that you can refresh your mind to avoid em tickets.

A bicycle is considered a vehicle when observing right-of-ways in traffic and at intersections. People on bicycles must come to a full stop at stop signs and red lights. Many cyclists ignore this rule and proceed if clear to do so.

Edited by Tasku
Not trying to give legal advice to Raaz but hoping rest of the community does not have to get this kind of treatment for nothing.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

What he doesn’t understand is that freedom of speech has nothing to do with being a dick, calling others names etc. He’s free to practice his religion and express his political opinions, but insulting others is still stupid, and slander is still a crime.

The First Amendment's constitutional right of free speech, which is applicable to state and local governments under the incorporation doctrine, prevents only government restrictions on speech, not restrictions imposed by private individuals or businesses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_in_the_United_States

I would never tell anyone to be rude, cause it has never good effect to your case if you wanna make your case.

But it is not a crime per say in USA to be detained, has lots of pre-cases, it can be bit of state by state law need to look at it too. Just being rude does not mean you have to identify, most of the states. Holding on to that right in some of the states, can be disaster as state laws are different. It would not be easy (never is) to base this case into limiting free speech or retaliation of it.

Generally I would say identify yourself if in doubt what law is in state. I feel the state laws can be so confusing that I would not try to advocate US citizens, and let em seek attorney local.

Here is a person who insults a police officer in repeated manner. He was detained by flipping a bird too. Anyway, insulting is not a crime and police are trained to tolerate bad behaviour. Generally people are allowed to feel moody, as long as it does not interfere public in some disturb way. Like "if neighbours cat called the cops", there could be a case.. :whistling:

In case of Raaz is not that much about freedom of speech. He was rude and there was a valid reason stopping him. His way of using freedom of speech, well that is for court to talk about, did it cause him to get unjustified reaction. He should seek his legal advice locally, just my 2cents.

Edited by Tasku
video

In case of Raaz his legal could have come up something similar to this case (yet his behaviour does not work any favours doing so):

He still would have been guilty to all the above mentioned (red/blue light and failure to id).

Edited by Tasku
This video is just example of behaviour and the effects to make a case. Hard to find exact same case to showcase why you should behave your best around officers..

Generally I think its a good goal in life to try and live in ways that minimizes the chances of going to jail and/or ending up in the court system if these things can at all be avoided. Some people only learn things the hard way though for whatever the reasons are at the time. Its gotta be one hell of a job to put yourself in a position to deal with these kinds of folk in these kinds of situations on the regular.

Edited by Vanturion
  • Upvote 2

Link to the lights in question by the way:

https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Bicycle-Waterproof-Cycling-Flashlight/dp/B08DKVX16G
It lists a red / blue strobe function

aa1da7f6-f1fc-4d34-a0fb-b331560a4ba2.__C

Here's a review showing it red / blue strobe on a mobility scooter.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2TVFAB8H0W9NU?ref=dp_vse_lbvc__sml

We have a lot of speeding where we live so I was afraid someone would not be see him at night from the back so I baught these lights and they are great, bright, chargeable and a great price best purchase

If considering the experience as regular Amazon customer, after reading all these positive reviews of how it help being seen and making you safe: I understand how some would want to defend their ability to use these lights, in fear of a collision with another vehicle.

Just a reflection on the mechanism, based on validation by peers - via other riders and 345 reviews totaling 4.6/5 rating which can lead to this type of situation - where 1 cop is seen as obviously wrong vs all these converging online opinions.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, pixelmajic said:

What is the blue and red light is on your helmet? I have a device that attaches to my helmet, and it has e a red / blue sequence of lights as one for the programmed options. Does that qualify as being part of the vehicle or on my person.

Helmet-Laws.png

• Thanks 1