Colored lights illegal on an EUC? (Split from “Inmotion V13 Speculation”)

Paul A

What I read here is some heavy handed compensating for deep rooted insecurity, leading to taking almost everything into unnecessary fights.

@Paul A I guess we already got the gist of it, it might not add much more to broadcast it here further. People can go read the comments there if they wish, and talk about colored lights here.

What do you think?

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hope he might realize in time, maybe to modify behaviour.

As previously alluded to in the thread by a member, sometimes encounters with police, especially in the US, can be fatal.

Tyre Nichols is just one recent example.

2 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Hope he might realize in time, maybe to modify behaviour.

A warning or citation escalating to an arrest and vehicle impound should be an attitude adjuster, but it makes some worse unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gon2fast said:

but it makes some worse unfortunately. 

Yes.  It seems it has not made any impact on attitude.

Imagine the consequences one day, when such comments are made in real life, face to face to others...........in a country where a lot of people carry guns.

3 hours ago, Paul A said:

Inmotion V13 After Police Impound #euc #youtubeshorts #unicycle #youtube #fypシ #like #youtuber

AL5GRJWrtyDQZDyf7DuMMCivqAffh36LPMNfriIy
Mar 7, 2023

Amazed he got it back so quick. Over here in UK we'd be waiting between 6 months and 3 years if it wasn't summarily destroyed in the meantime !

Edited by Cerbera

https://miamidadecountyfl.govqa.us/webapp/_rs/(S(y3wqtsotvj00j4xp2imqtzc1))/SupportHome.aspx?lp=4&sSessionID=

Miami-Police1.png

Cam-Request.png

Public and members can request access to police body cam footage and incident reports.

The YouTuber had stated police had issued a citation for speeding on a sidewalk, on a scooter capable of 50mph.

Police dash cam and body cam video, might be more complete, not selectively edited.......showing evidence of complete interactions.

10 hours ago, Paul A said:

I can’t have lights on my Inmotion v13? 

#euc #youtubeshorts #viral #youtube #fypシ #like #youtuber

OMGitsRAAZ

Mar 16, 2023

Chicken.  No blue flashing lights.

😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Robse said:

No blue flashing lights.

Regardless of colour, flashing lights on vehicles are illegal in Florida.

Going to be interesting video if it is ridden in view of police again.   :facepalm:

https://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2011/316.2397#:~:text=(7) Flashing lights are prohibited,5) are permitted to flash.

Can I have flashing lights on my car in Florida?

(7) Flashing lights are prohibited on vehicles except as a means of indicating a right or left turn, to change lanes, or to indicate that the vehicle is lawfully stopped or disabled upon the highway or except that the lamps authorized in subsections (1), (2), (3), (4), and (9) and s. 316.235(5) are permitted to flash.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

Going to be interesting video if it is ridden in view of police again.

Agreed. But it's not flashing now - that's a gentle pulse at best !

Personally, I don't like lights where you can see the individual LEDs so much - I find them a bit tacky and 'xmas lights' to be honest. 

Indeed I've spent quite a lot of time trying lighting methods that don't show the LEDs like lightwire and diffused panels.

In the end I have gone for LEDS and lasers, but hidden the former from direct view so you only get the glow...

I had to turn my red aircraft level side lights off today; they were too damn bright in the dusk, and they were even putting me off in the dark bits !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Cerbera said:

not flashing now

If flashing mode is activated, and ridden in view of the same officer..... might be another night in custody.

Regardless of flashing or not, multi coloured lights are illegal in Florida.  

Likely to be the same elsewhere.

Might also apply to helmets.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:53 AM, UPONIT said:

Yawn. The lights may change but the 'tude remains the same...

Did we ever expect it would ever change though?  Listen to the guy speak for 10 seconds and we all know what his mindset will always be.  

• Like 3

Pick the hill you want to die on.  Seriously just turn the damn lights to be in compliance with the law as written and the law is accessible to anyone who cares to look.  If for some reason you disagree with the law, your beef isn’t with the cop tasked to enforce the laws as written.  Can anyone think that a direct violation of a written law (for good reason) let it escalate to this point?  Gee whiz, this isn’t a Supreme Court case.  

• Upvote 1