Personal Preferences for Protective Gear

On 1/30/2023 at 12:35 PM, Josiah said:

Carnivore here.  I’m definitely in ketosis 

What s IF?

Carnivore too (keto by default), before was keto, paleo, and low carb

• Like 1

Flexmeters came in today. I got the small according to the sizing charts, but I can barely fit them on.   Feels like it’s a tourniquet.  They feel super tight and the Velcro barely goes to the fuzzy.  I think I’ll return them for either medium or large.  Any thought in the sizing?
E13A4E15-C56C-4A0F-940F-0617DA36FD75.thumb.jpeg.21abe3a04614cdf6892fc700da51efb8.jpeg

0F51D72C-5562-4637-A078-7A2BEC7C2025.thumb.jpeg.9bb7ae7da7d729b535d8b374bc31054b.jpeg

Edited by Josiah
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

They look good. Nice job on the Napoleon picture also..:D...looks just like him...:lol:

Complements of my 8 year old daughter.  She made me a history book.  Complete with a metal wire binder.  I’m a Bonapartist.  And a Royalist.  Bit of a contradiction.  

Edited by Josiah

Yes. I didn't buy the flex jobbies ;) I have these ones.

image.png.57f947be5ce985975e7e83b8b3714017.png

If it makes you feel any better I bought Both Leatt GPX boots and their mega expensive single wrist-guard thinking they would work, but neither did, either with the wheel or the top armour. We live and learn, and now I am trying to sell both the mistakes ! I don't imagine you'll have any problem selling your flexmeters on, presuming you don't like them so much you change the suit instead !

In fact there is another option... remove the arms from the bodysuit ! But I wouldn't do that - I value the elbow / forearm protection too much.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

Oh yes I remember you posting those before.  I can disconnect the lower arm portion of the body armor bit then I lose the elbow pads.  I’ll get it all together and report back.

thankfully Amazon takes returns for free not even a shipping or restocking fee.  I’ll return them and switch to medium or large.  Just not sure which one yet.  I think @litewave had some thought on sizing.  I’ll check above.

Hope it’s not too much trouble selling the extras.  Right price takes a while to sell.  Good luck!  

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Yes. I didn't buy the flex jobbies ;) I have these ones.

image.png.57f947be5ce985975e7e83b8b3714017.png

If it makes you feel any better I bought Both Leatt GPX boots and their mega expensive single wrist-guard thinking they would work, but neither did, either with the wheel or the top armour. We live and learn, and now I am trying to sell both the mistakes ! I don't imagine you'll have any problem selling your flexmeters on, presuming you don't like them so much you change the suit instead !

Gotta love these 7$ wristguards. :D  I got two pairs. One bigger/smaller. For winter ridding bigger pair goes over gloves.

One point i wanted to buy flexmeters. (Still kinda do..) But sadly i don't know which size would fit me better. Large or Medium.. Following their sizing chart im right in middle. My hand/forearm are kinda chunky.. :D (Also returning would be pain in ass - as i would be ordering them from different country.) My country sells only single sided ones.. - Without the sliding puck.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Funky said:

Gotta love these 7$ wristguards.

Yeah, sometimes cheapest really is best, at least as far as hyperextension and sliding palms goes - these, over gloves, have saved my hands and wrists on a good few occasions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Funky said:

but sadly i don't know which size would fit me better. Large or Medium.. Following their sizing chart im right in middle.

The sizing chart didn’t work for me at all, and I measure things for a living, but I just took a glance at my hand and estimated the size. I’ll throw a tape measure over my hand take a picture and send that with the sizing chart for you guys to illustrate the point.

2 minutes ago, Josiah said:

The sizing chart didn’t work for me at all, and I measure things for a living, but I just took a glance at my hand and estimated the size. I’ll throw a tape measure over my hand take a picture and send that with the sizing chart for you guys to illustrate the point.

So one should go with large.. If he's right between medium/large. :D 

For now ill keep the cheap ones. As i don't plan on falling. :whistling:

• Upvote 1

7669974B-9DC5-4368-B308-1BB1EEA1A890.thumb.jpeg.9d98da50bf1550fae7ac1382db6d6223.jpegD22279FA-E568-4D9F-B483-A4428501482A.thumb.jpeg.a4fdeba45077bd09dcac7b564838227c.jpeg

I’m so confused about this.  According to my tape I’m below a small but the small was crazy tight.  I might switch to medium next.  My hands are hulk hands from construction.  Maybe that’s my issue. 

Edited by Josiah

10 minutes ago, Josiah said:

7669974B-9DC5-4368-B308-1BB1EEA1A890.thumb.jpeg.9d98da50bf1550fae7ac1382db6d6223.jpegD22279FA-E568-4D9F-B483-A4428501482A.thumb.jpeg.a4fdeba45077bd09dcac7b564838227c.jpeg

I’m so confused about this.  According to my tape I’m below a small but the small was crazy tight.  I might switch to medium next.  My hands are hulk hands from construction.  Maybe that’s my issue. 

You need to go around the hand.. Duh. :D  Noone has 4" hand. :D (Child only.)

My hand is 21/22 Cm big. (Large.) If i measured like you did - my hand would be 9 Cm big..... See the blue line in image - you need to go around it. (I measured like that.) Otherwise no measurements would fit even in small. -Smallest are 16 Cm or 6.3 inches.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Lol Thank You

D29C88C7-6F55-45E8-AC47-F8887B5016D9.thumb.jpeg.5477e250be13a74062b4e0e450980231.jpeg

Imagine what monster hands are the large one. :D:D I would never think that my sausage finger hand is small. :D But if i measure like you did i'm also ~4 Inches. :D 

9 inches looks more right.. :) 

How tight was the small ones? Can you even close the velcro? 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Josiah said:

Flexmeters came in today. I got the small according to the sizing charts, but I can barely fit them on.   Feels like it’s a tourniquet.  They feel super tight and the Velcro barely goes to the fuzzy.  I think I’ll return them for either medium or large.  Any thought in the sizing?
E13A4E15-C56C-4A0F-940F-0617DA36FD75.thumb.jpeg.21abe3a04614cdf6892fc700da51efb8.jpeg

0F51D72C-5562-4637-A078-7A2BEC7C2025.thumb.jpeg.9bb7ae7da7d729b535d8b374bc31054b.jpeg

Seems right. :D (After new measurements.) I think you are large? 

Update us when you exchange them. Would love to hear what size you got at the end.. My hand seems about the same size 22 Cm big.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

The width of my hand is the same as yours as measured from outer edge to the thumb-forefinger split.

There is no way a size small will fit your hand and wrist comfortably and safely.

As for their size chart, Demon isn't the best at updating its website, and I have requested corrections to two of their other product pages before.

Again, I suggest you go with medium. If you can fit thin 'under'-gloves comfortably without overstretching the mesh, then you're good year-round. If not, then purchase a size large for winter. However, I feel that large does not conform to my lower arm and wrist as well on bare skin and would likely provide less protection.

I think most riders will agree that wristguards and helmet are essential items you should not skimp on.

***************************************************************************************************

Edit: I see what the problem is.

The measurement diagram is WRONG. The measurements are correct, more or less, for your wrist.

You should be measuring the CIRCUMFERENCE of your wrist. The width of your hand as depicted in the diagram and in your photo is almost irrelevant.

Edited by litewave
  • Thanks 1