Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

21 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the dihedral angle on these pedals?  

I know you get 0-20deg dihedral adjustment on the NyloNove pedals and TBH that's all I really care about.  On the teardown video posted (GoGeorgeGo one) they mention that there is no dihedral adjustment, so not for stock.

2 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

LOL... I'm in the same boat. Accept I had S20 pre order, August 2021... then Master... then V13... then Sherman S. FedEx said it will be delivered Sunday. Which means I'm staying home all day for my Sherman S.

There’s still time to change your mind! :roflmao: Seriously though, you’re going to thank yourself that you saved yourself a whole lot of trouble by changing your mind, there are so many issues that come with the ones you cancelled, albeit that when they do eventually work as they are meant to, then money and time and trouble aside I expect they’re decent rides, but why put yourself through all that, when you’re paying for the ‘pleasure’ in any event? Most you might have to do with your S is possibly to swap out pads and pedals for your preferred contact point preferences, and possibly make or obtain a seat something  like Go George Go’s friend Jason’s  Sur Ron adapted and flip up example. A little bit of bump padding here and there, and off you go! Good luck on Sunday, must be like Xmas all over again!

i saw in our aussie group today that a new sherman s went for a swim in a deep river. Such a shame. 

Not sure about all the details yet.

I saw some footage of the wheel after, I will try to get info and see how it holds up.

Shame was just unlucky accident in bad place  i think

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul A said:

Sherman S Teardown and Quality Review Ft. Mr. Hankey EUC

Interesting review, looks good for the most part. The suspension rubbing on the inside is a little concerning but i guess only time will tell on that.

The funny part of the video is when he says "make sure you know what your doing when it comes to electrical" after saying "DC current does tend to throw you"

He was close....definitely close, just opposite.

6 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

I know you get 0-20deg dihedral adjustment on the NyloNove pedals and TBH that's all I really care about.  On the teardown video posted (GoGeorgeGo one) they mention that there is no dihedral adjustment, so not for stock.

Dang, looks like it's Nylonove for me then.  The stock dihedral angle is a little much for me.  

TBH though I don't think I would decrease the angle on the stock pedals as the traction isn't great. 

• Like 1

Here is a video on the E-Rides pedals for the Sherman S. I like the look of them and I'm definitely considering these although I'm leaning more towards the Nylonove pedals due to their lighter weight. Either way I hope more options get released so we aren't just choosing between the two .

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I do like those quite a bit, however I'm going to wait and see what leaperkims updated pedal looks like as I'd probably be able to get them for little to no cost.

Yeah I've read that LK are going to revise the pedals in some way and I'm curious as to if the changes will make its way onto my batch 2 wheel. I'm certain I'll still get aftermarket pedals regardless but I would probably want to donate them to a member here if they bought a batch 1 and couldn't get the updated pedals.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dreygun said:

How are the nylonove pedals in 0 degrees Celcius type weather? Material get brittle?

I haven't seen any mention of problems from WrongWay and he does ride in 0 deg & below weather in Poland/Canada.  I'm guessing that they are fine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Clem604 said:

Yeah I've read that LK are going to revise the pedals in some way and I'm curious as to if the changes will make its way on my batch 2 wheel. I'm certain I'll still get aftermarket pedals regardless but I would probably want to donate them to a member here if they bought a batch 1 and couldn't get the updated pedals.

I hope they do.  I did 40 miles today and the dihedral angle of the stock pedals is killing me.  I have flat feet so I need flat pedals.  I would much rather be able to adjust that angle than have the ratcheting mechanism.  I hope they can get this right.

The suspension on this wheel is amazing.  It's taking me time though to get used to the height and the weight.  I felt especially unstable in wind on this wheel (probably didn't help that I'm 6'8".  Going from 33psi down to 28psi in the tire helped alot with stability.  I also turned down the compression and rebound 4 clicks.  This made the wheel ride lower, squishier and more stable..

I have 2 questions:

1. What should I do with suspension settings for maximum stability? I was thinking low compression and low rebound, but I'm not sure.

2. What's the lowest tire pressure I can run and still safely p off curbs? (7-10 inch drop).  I'm 230lbs geared up

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wstuart said:

What's the lowest tire pressure I can run and still safely p off curbs?

Good question that a slow motion video might assist with. I've been meaning to do this myself, film the tire coming off a curb and bonking up as well. The sidewall stiffness varies quite a bit between tires, so I'm not certain there's a solid 'rule' that applies.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dreygun said:

How are the nylonove pedals in 0 degrees Celcius type weather? Material get brittle?

Haven't had or heard any problems with Nylonove in cold weather.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Just saw these on AliExpress, looks real nice for less than 200 USD. 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOPFmUE

Weight? Wait for weight?? Still the same ratchet system, at least they appear to have some adjustability in the ride angle/dihedral.

I'm considering upgrading to a big suspension wheel come springtime, but worry because I live on the second floor in a house without an elevator. Sherman and similar wheels with handles at both ends and not in the center are also notoriously hard to carry up stairs. So I wonder: could I trolley or push a Sherman S up stairs to my apartment?

Each step is 14 cm in height and 30 cm in depth, so about 25 degree angle. The steps are made of somewhat worn concrete.

If you're able to push your wheel up and down stairs instead of carrying, then could you measure how tall and wide the steps on it are?

54 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

Weight? Wait for weight?? Still the same ratchet system, at least they appear to have some adjustability in the ride angle/dihedral.

I removed the ratchet system on my stock ones so it doesn't matter to me regardless. I just like that they are CNC with plenty of spikes for traction.