Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

44 minutes ago, Tasku said:

For the performance, this is boost up to most people. Most people want reliable wheel and they hope this is it. Most people are gonna have more performance than they need.

I am one of these people. For my use case i'll just be cruising around on it, no stair sets or jumps. I'm hoping for me it will be a reliable long term wheel, just like my V11 has been.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Let me reiterate here that I didn't pay the $4k+ price tag for my Sherman S and I definitely wouldn't pay that for this (or any) wheel.

Really? It will be interesting to see if, after a couple weeks of getting to know and love it, you still wouldn't buy it at full price. Or maybe better question: would you recommend it to someone who has to pay full price? That will be interesting to find out.

:popcorn:

• Like 2

Yes sir 😉

That's awesome, you're car looks good. I feel like I've seen your car over on GolfMK7 but it could've been someone else's. Looks like we're into similar things 😅 .Could you let me know if the Sherman fits in the hatch?:D

20200918_184810.thumb.jpg.fb88074e952e234cc250968c726d366a.jpg

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clem604 said:

That's awesome, you're car looks good. I feel like I've seen your car over on GolfMK7 but it could've been someone else's. Looks like we're into similar things 😅 .Could you let me know if the Sherman fits in the hatch?:D

20200918_184810.thumb.jpg.fb88074e952e234cc250968c726d366a.jpg

Appreciate it! My username on the forums is Supermoto and I think I had a thread regarding my wrap process as I did it myself. And I can confirm the Sherman fits in the hatch 😂

• Like 1

Initially, I thought I’d be getting this wheel sooner but looks like likely after February or  March before I put the money down. At least by then hopefully small tweaks will have been made with later batches

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKW said:

Initially, I thought I’d be getting this wheel sooner but looks like likely after February or  March before I put the money down. At least by then hopefully small tweaks will have been made with later batches

Part of the excitement is the anticipation of getting the wheel. This just means you get more of it 😅

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clem604 said:

Part of the excitement is the anticipation of getting the wheel. This just means you get more of it 😅

Please let me know If you guys think I'm being too impatient.

I've got the option to get an Ewheels Sherman S next week, but it will have the V1 bearing.  If I wait 3-4 more weeks I can get one that has the new bearing.

When I asked Jason if he thought the "old" bearing was risky, he told me only 2 out of 300 units had bearings go bad so far, but that he doesn't know for sure because people haven't been riding them long enough.

As of now I am going to receive one of the first batch bearing units.  My justification for not waiting is that I live in San Diego and I never ride in the rain.  Also, Jason said he will replace my bearings if they go bad.  

Let me know if you think I'm being too impatient. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My thought is that if the only thing that is holding you back is the worry of premature bearings failure, I would say go for it, that is if you don't want to wait. I am surmising the odds are low for you to encounter abnormal bearings failure. 

Wrongway got the Sherman-S bearings rusted out because he rode on salted roads and pathways. Don't know anything about the other failure.

And you say you will be riding in the San Diego area in the dry. In addition, Jason at eWheels have your back,

I would say you have a viable option if you do don't want to wait.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

It's good to learn how to do bearing replacements, and it doesn't require a lot of tools. Seems daunting at first, but very simple and straightforward.

I replaced the bearings of my old OG Sherman, my Master and my T4. The wheels ride better than factory, silky smooth and dead silent. Night and day difference. I put in new marine grease and pack it in, so its sealed and waterproof. No more bearing issues.

Oh really?! Better than factory? Aside from the marine grease, do you use a special bearing?

Very cool.  I figured I would also take the opportunity to switch out the tire too.  I really wanna try this with a Shinko 244

Just now, techyiam said:

My thought is that if the only thing that is holding you back is the worry of premature bearings failure, I would say go for it, that is if you don't want to wait. I am surmising the odds are low for you to encounter abnormal bearings failure. 

Wrongway got the Sherman-S bearings rusted out because he rode on salted roads and pathways. Don't know anything about the other failure.

And you say you will be riding in the San Diego area in the dry. In addition, Jason at eWheels have your back,

I would say you have a viable option if you do don't want to wait.

Awesome. Thankyou.  I'm feeling alot better about getting my wheel next week.

I got to ride one a couple days ago.  That amazing experience made me switch to the earlier batch. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Oh really?! Better than factory? Aside from the marine grease, do you use a special bearing?

Any branded bearing like SKF, FAG, NTN, NSK, Timken etc. will be light years better than any of the No Name cheap Chinese bearings used by All the EUC manufacturers.

As @Mango rightly stated, the difference in changing to quality bearings will definitely be noticeable having changed my own bearings to FAG on my S18 for instance.

If you are definitely doing a tire swap anyway it would be Rude Not To swap to one of the above brands at the same time!

Edited by fbhb
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Those last 2 sentences sum up the fact that you have No Real worries, regarding the bearings failing. If in the unlikely event they do, Jason's got your back anyway so win win getting your wheel sooner IMO.

Honestly if your bearings fail and Jason didn't give a shit, the bearings are like 30 bucks anyway so it wouldn't be the end of the world. Just go for it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Nah that's completely fair. The way I see it is everyone has their own priorities and budget.

I just want to acknowledge the common argument that you could buy a motorcycle for the price of a wheel. Sure I could buy a motorcycle for the price of a 4500 dollar wheel, but then I could buy a car for the price of that motorcycle. Where does it end? I have a ZX6R that definitely isn't practical in any sense but it's a blast so it's worth it. And many would say spending 4500 on a car that takes up space and is very inefficient is a waste vs 4500 on a clean compact euc, so it comes full circle.

Now that that's out of the way, my personal limit for a wheel is $3500. And for the Sherman I actually used the wheels price to fulfill a reward credit card that gave me $1000 back, effectively cutting the impact on my bank account to $2500. For anyone wanting this wheel for full price honestly just go for it. This and the v13 are vehicle-level wheels that will not disappoint. Of course I'll update as time goes on, but from what I've seen from others as well as my current impressions this is a wheel worth the money IF you are willing to pay it.

I agree... it's my fear of future issues that is holding me back from buying directly from China. To make my $4150 worthwhile, I have to put at least 10,000 miles on my Sherman S. Fk... I'll have to host weekly rides.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

I agree... it's my fear of future issues that is holding me back from buying directly from China. To make my $4150 worthwhile, I have to put at least 10,000 miles on my Sherman S. Fk... I'll have to host weekly rides.

I don't have any quota I must meet you make it worth it, I think the price is worth it every time I hop on the wheel 😊

One thing I've noticed is the top of the suspension bruises the sides of my legs pretty damn hard. I have the official leaperkim pads coming from GTKing that hopefully will fix this.

Also forgot to post this pic. The only thing I have found issue with us the pedal extensions are all heavily rusted to the point they almost didn't come out.

IMG_20221231_115600_018.thumb.jpg.f5cbf23db2d93cd5171ff081a21d6ecb.jpg

Edited by MrMonoWheel
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, fbhb said:

Any branded bearing like SKF, FAG, NTN, NSK, Timken etc. will be light years better than any of the No Name cheap Chinese bearings used by All the EUC manufacturers.

As @Mango rightly stated, the difference in changing to quality bearings will definitely be noticeable having changed my own bearings to FAG on my S18 for instance.

If you are definitely doing a tire swap anyway it would be Rude Not To swap to one of the above brands at the same time!

I also changed my bearings, while i was "waterproofing" my motor. I figure while im inside the motor - i could change them and use real marine grease.. Got new SKF bearings, cleaned them from original grease. And filled them bad boys to the brim with marine grease. And then siliconed motor covers shut. Personally didn't feel big difference in bearings.

Old bearings where running on dry side. Little bit of grease.. Water could go true them.. Also i had little bit of sand inside the covers. And i did my bearing change under 400km ridden. Riding true beach sand didn't help. :D (Good thing i greased those bad boy very well and even around axle inside. - So no sand/water should get in.)

Edited by Funky