Immediate Gotway/Begode MSP, Nikola+, RS Battery Pack Fire Hazard & Disposal NOTICE (eWheels Customers)

WILSONEUC

Bravo to ewheels for putting its customers' safety first.  It's terrible that Begode isn't stepping up to replace these dangerous battery packs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 360rumors said:

It's terrible that Begode isn't stepping up to replace these dangerous battery packs.

Yes it is. It is seriously making me reconsider my Master pre-order TBH, even if that isn't in the mentioned models... very disappointing.

9 minutes ago, 360rumors said:

It's terrible that Begode isn't stepping up to replace these dangerous battery packs.

eWheels has said this is setting them back a million USD. Been in the works for over a year now, was delayed by the fire at their service center in AZ. It is too bad that the manufacturer isn't stepping up.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

eWheels has said this is setting them back a million USD. Been in the works for over a year now, was delayed by the fire at their service center in AZ. It is too bad that the manufacturer isn't stepping up.

OMG.  Begode is screwing not just ewheels but also forcing its customers to play Russian roulette.  The only reason I'm not canceling my T4 order with ewheels is because I want to help them.

I think I will just disassemble, discharge, and take the parts to the local electronics recycle center.  I basically don't ride my Nikola+, it's TeslaV2 / Mten3 / MCM5v2 every day.

I asked Alienrides and they said my 1 month old Nikola AR+2700 is safe.

“We actually believe that your wheel battery is safe, as there have been very few reports of three pack wheels having any issues at all.”

I’m surprised this hasn’t been noticed before, that vid is a week old, or more.

* all Cobalt-type Lithium-Ion batteries are hazardous and will self-ignite if raised above 300°F. 

Which means nearly every unicycle battery, new and old, is a hazard. 
Treat every unicycle battery with special care, and pay attention to battery problems.
The most common problem is "my unicycle won't recharge to 100%" - that's a battery problem! Stop riding it! 

(And for what it's worth: the current generation of LG 21700 cells used in EUCs today, called M50LT, have been reliable thusfar... only time will tell which side of history they will end up on.)

• Like 1

I don't own these batteries but I'm thinking. If I had one, maybe I'd attach balance wires AND a couple of cheap thermal switches, and build a crude overheat alarm system. You can buy switches for any temperature, like 50-60degC or something rather low to give you lots of headroom. The wheel would make a hell of a noise.