Anyone else thinks it's really dumb how many EUC content creators wear dark or low visibility clothes that blend in with everything while aggressively riding, lane splitting, and rolling through stop lights/signs?

tenofnine

10 minutes ago, Funky said:

I personally don't have any problems - i can wear whatever i want. Because i don't ride with cars. And generally live in pretty much ghost town. Meaning more or less my side paths, walkways are empty.

Theses days i'm riding T-shirt and jeans.

Hey that's awesome, that's why I like riding really late a night. My usually busy area is also like a ghost town, it's nice.

I very rarely ride in the street with cars, the drivers here are really terrible and don't obey most laws. And with all these crazy people doing delivery apps now they are always trying to roll through stop signs and red lights, looking at their phones more than the road.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

And with all these crazy people doing delivery apps now they are always trying to roll through stop signs and red lights, looking at their phones more than the road.

That only happens in "big" cities. :D Where i live, we even don't have those here. Only thing i have to "really" watch out is dog walkers.. But even they are tame.

Fore reference my city population is around ~11k. Euc riders: I, My dad, and another guy.. Even E-scooters not many here. More or less everything is slow and mundane here.

It's never busy here. :D

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 11:59 AM, litewave said:

nominate @Ben Hatfield for strutting a great look in several of his videos.

appreciate that! I definitely believe in high visibility/reflective/flashing light gear.  That also goes for my big speaker and music - I want to be noticed for a safe approach to riding.  Being (immediately) seen/noticed allows for more predictability of those around you, which helps to anticipate possible outcomes in real time while riding.

Edited by Ben Hatfield
  • Like 2

I certainly understand preferences - the point I'd double down on is being present as a function of safety.  Visibility helps, and so does noise.  If one doesn't want to make constant noise, it is a good idea to have bell, buzzer, horn for appropriate circumstances.

On 7/5/2022 at 3:07 AM, tenofnine said:

Why are you wearing all black or plain clothes that literally blend in the streets and sky?

Content creators are making...content. Looking cool gets more clicks/eyeballs. Dressing like a traffic cone does not. Clicks/eyeballs > safety. Not hard to figure this out.

• Like 1