How many EUCs do you really need?

360rumors

1 hour ago, goatman said:

the exn c38 i like, good range but its ass heavy for jumping and not really waterproof-able. i was thinking of buying the RS HS but will probably wind up with a new Master for fun/commuting in the city and sell the ex n for a better balanced range wheel and maybe by then  begode will have something like a RS HT 134v for jumping, torque, speed and rainy days,

Why is the EX.N C38 not really waterproof-able, but the RS is? Is it because of the heatsink exposed in the wheel well? 

On 6/10/2022 at 4:45 AM, goatman said:

all with the PWM dynamic tiltback

I just discovered PWM reading on darkness bot. What does it mean, I hit like 70% is that very high? Is 100% cutout?

1 hour ago, Felix said:

I just discovered PWM reading on darkness bot. What does it mean, I hit like 70% is that very high? Is 100% cutout?

read this thread on PWM dynamic tiltback, if you have a black board its a new safety setting. better for you to read the thread.

On 6/9/2022 at 11:52 PM, techyiam said:

Why is the EX.N C38 not really waterproof-able, but the RS is? Is it because of the heatsink exposed in the wheel well? 

when the fan blows air out across the heatsink, air has to come in from somewhere.

it looks to me like the air in is coming through the front and rear light

when i bought my SAI pads the person i bought them from delivered them to me while i was at work:D , he  showed up riding a Begode wheel with a black cover over the top of the wheel, i asked what model and it was an EX N

its basically a shower cap for the top of the wheel, where all the water can get in

4 hours ago, goatman said:

when i bought my SAI pads the person i bought them from delivered them to me while i was at work:D , he  showed up riding a Begode wheel with a black cover over the top of the wheel, i asked what model and it was an EX N

its basically a shower cap for the top of the wheel, where all the water can get in

Thank your for your insight.

Marty Backe also pointed out the front intake water ingress flaw in the Commander too. Any idea how the Sherman manage to get around that issue?

its not hard to do if they had tried, even with all the issues of the ex n the only reason i didnt buy a Sherman was because of its rim, i can fix alot of things but i cant build a rim for a Sherman.

was out riding around 4pm and it was warm out, low 20's maybe and my temperature was at 55 celsius with the fan working when i got home averaging about 39 wh/km and 5800 peak watts and 20 peak amps of regen.

now im wondering is it the bearing grease or knobby tire or bad airflow

tomorrow i need to pick up some marine grease and do the bearing and swap out the sherman knobby for the stock tire. earlier i was out trying a shortcut to keep from going onto the hwy but it was all mud and blackberry bush's  so i wound up going the wrong way on a hwy to get out of it, ill stick to the asphalt

the previous owner changed the tire and when he reconnected the phase wires to the board

he had the fan wires under the phase wires and i think that is why the fan stopped working, they were pulled tight and i didnt really put 2 and 2 together while i was trying to get the fan going and then when i was out riding today i wondered if he siliconed the hall connector to the board

if anything ill try and get more airflow through the headlight

my ex n control board and fan are completely different  than the one in this clip but its time stamped to show how the top of the shell  and headlight and tail light are assembled

• 2 weeks later...

Answer as per topic IMO.

Two.

One LIGHTWEIGHT for the city (if you live there). Easier to lift and roll around. Also quicker to turn (16" 2.125 i just Love for twitchy corners, but I'm leaning to switch it for a v12 that seems more robust, might even work as long ride?)

I shop, with a shopping basket that i support on the top of my tesla. Flat top would be even better. Pack stuff in backpack.

Going out to pubs i can leave it in the wardrobe (or by table) and the smaller the easier to "hide" + helmet/gear of course.

If i get a puncture that cant be fixed, i strap it to my bacpack and take a rental scooter home :)

One LONG RIDE

Pick your poison, i went for Sherman and in Hind sight a great choice. The thing is almost indestructible and build quality vs Gotway a totally different level.

Additional option

I also have a ninebot mini plus, my first PEV. Real fun thing as it can follow you (or the remote rather) on its own. Had it follow me when i took the Tesla once, just need to go slow. Can also drove it solo with remote and theres even an optional camera should you want to film stuff. Still fun "thing" but not used a lot.

Easy for friends to borrow as anyone learns in minutes but its slow (= safe). Recently got to use it as i damaged my wrist and i cant use a bike due to wrist pain ( scooter same).

It's allmost impossible to fall on (when you know how to ride of course and don't force it) unless you try to do skidding in curves, then it gets crazy and throws you off :) tried several times but it just wont power through just stop mid corner on fine gravel.

Also at the speed it's safe to take when meeting friends in parks or likewise for some beers. Can even have a beer en route if thirsty as the ride is more of a smooth joyable ride than a speed nerd ride :) but i don't promote drink and drive, just saying its not less safe than a bicycle :) and many bike to the pub 🤫

A Few times it has gotten stuck in rabbit holes, but since it does max 20km/h and you stand upright and ready, you just run off and nothing happens.

tiltback also ALMOST impossible to over force. I managed once in winter by forcing it over max speed constantly (leaning SILLY HARD forward, letting tilt back slow it down a bit and immediately pushing it)... after some 15 tries one wheel stopped and it turned sharply and i landed on my ass the other way... Not even a bruise more than mental :-)

I rather test those limits like that, when prepared and noone around. It still did roll away quite far on its own before it stopped waiting for me, so theres no QUICK STOP when you "jump off"...10-15m is nothing strange. It almost never falls itself though, cheeky bastard :D

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Moment of truth folks, maybe it will help with my addiction LOL. Going to list my wheels and their purposes, or lack of. 

Sherman - long distance, high speed, super solid road wheel. keeping it.

V11 - Good wheel to ride across grass fields on. It has been down for 8 months, but IM is stepping up and addressing it now. Probably not a necessity, but since my hip is out currently it would be great to have right now LOL (S22 on the way so whatever). Questionable.

MSPHT - favorite wheel hands down. keeping it.

16X - Good small wheel. Almost as much torque as my M-Super. Want to switch it for a V12HT, but they are very pricey. Questionable

Tesla_1 - Local business installed the new (directional) tire backwards so the ride sucks. Have not ridden it other than around the neighborhood as I switched the tire right after I got it. repaired then sold

14D - need to give it to the kids. They have been sitting on the couch on their tablets for the last month so wtf I am waiting for? keeping it 

So it would be 3 wheels for me as far as what I would ride on a regular basis. 

14D goes to kids, so you got yourself there only 2 wheels. :D Get another one. :D (Little devil voice.)

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I ride one of my wheels every day.  I have a Sherman Max and an Inmotion V11. My Wife has an Inmotion V5F as well. So, three wheels in our household.  

I ride my Sherman Max for longer and faster rides.  I enjoy it very much.  I ride my V11 for shorter rides, like to the grocery store to pick up a few items. It's smaller, lighter and easier to get around with than my Sherman.  So, I definitely have a specific use for both of my wheels. 

I also wanted a backup wheel in case one or the other were to go down for some reason. I would pretty much be lost without a wheel at this point.  I love riding and since I live in the city, it is very convenient to have one around to take for short runs to the store, etc.  For example, just this morning I needed to take some clothes to the cleaners several blocks away. I jumped on my V11, threw on a backpack with the clothes and was there in a couple minutes.

My Wife is learning to ride now. At first, she just thought this was another of those weird things I enjoy doing. However, once she got on her very own wheel and was able to glide slowly around a football field, she got it!  She was thrilled by the feeling of floating a few inches above the ground.  She is still learning, but it is clear that she will be a dedicated rider once it all clicks for her. 

With that being said, I also enjoy riding her little V5F.  I can see the application for a small, light weight wheel to throw in the car and take pretty much anywhere for a quick zip around, when needed.  I'm not a small guy and the V5F handles me just fine for slow, easy rides.  

So, that's why I have more than one wheel.  

• Like 3

I’ve been riding for short errands (within 2 mile radius) and for fun. I have 4 wheels but I use mostly the mten3 and for longer rides, the v11. 

I might even be satisfied with just one wheel - maybe the mten3 or the Tesla v2. V11 is a little large in some circumstances such as riding on busy sidewalks.

• 1 month later...

V10 for friends who want to learn or try EUC. It's also my beginner wheel. I am just waiting for it to break or spontaneously combust to be honest. If this wheel dies, will replace w/ a MTen4.

V11 for short trips. Groceries. Park rides. Just screwing around in the local parking lots, neighborhoods, etc.

V13 (Soon) for long trips. Like going into the city by myself, 50/60 mile total rides, etc.

So 3, 3 wheels.

I think 4 are optimal...... I view my use cases as what form of transportation the euc replaces.

Here are my use cases

1. Walking replacement

2. Biking replacement (commuting)

3. Offroad

4. Long haul (potentially car replacment)replacement.

I have 8 eucs.  2 for each use case.

Here are my wheels

1. Walking replacement (v8s and mten3).  I use these when I have to park far away or on slow moving beach boardwalks. 

2.  Commuting: 16x and v11.  Longer trips where I don't mind going less then 27mph.  I don't actually use these to commute to work but if I did I would use these.

3.  Offroading: MSP HT and Begode Master.

4. Long haul:  EX and Shermax. 

I like to have 2 for each use-case in case one fails.  For example my mten3 just crapped out.   I also like to have a suspension and non uspension in each case.  I see these as different forms of riding.  I hope to replace my EX with a different long haul cruiser, but I have no idea which one as there are literally 7 new wheels in that category coming out in the next 4 months.  Master Pro looks appealing right now..... but so does the ex30.  

Edited by wstuart
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wstuart said:

I like to have 2 for each use-case in case one fails.  For example my mten3 just crapped out.   I also like to have a suspension and non uspension in each case.  I see these as different forms of riding.  I hope to replace my EX with a different long haul cruiser, but I have no idea which one as there are literally 7 new wheels in that category coming out in the next 4 months.  Master Pro looks appealing right now..... but so does the ex30.  

You are every euc manufacturers' dream. You don't just talk the talk, you actually walk the walk x2. When you say you need 4, you actually have 8.

21 minutes ago, techyiam said:

You are every euc manufacturers' dream. You don't just talk the talk, you actually walk the walk x2. When you say you need 4, you actually have 8.

It must be catching… I need three, but now I have 5.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 11:52 PM, techyiam said:

I have the new rs hs and the heat sink also has a big open oval hole .it does have a weather strip around the opening but I have never rode in the rain or even wet conditions .this is a pic from my swapped out shells .

image.jpg

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I totally am!  All that stuff I typed is really my justification for my sickness.

Most of the people I ride with have 1 or 2 wheels I'm crazy.  They've argued that getting to know one wheel is best.  I see their point, but I feel like learning to manage different wheels has actually made me a better rider.  For example, if you so much as sneeze on a 16x you'll get death wobbles.  Learning to brake at high speed on the 16x has made me so much better at braking on all my other wheels.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, wstuart said:

I totally am!  All that stuff I typed is really my justification for my sickness.

Most of the people I ride with have 1 or 2 wheels I'm crazy.  They've argued that getting to know one wheel is best.  I see their point, but I feel like learning to manage different wheels has actually made me a better rider.  For example, if you so much as sneeze on a 16x you'll get death wobbles.  Learning to brake at high speed on the 16x has made me so much better at braking on all my other wheels.  

Yeah I’m saving up right now to get a long range wheel and the choices keep getting harder to choose from hopefully I’ll have 5,000$ saved up by spring then I can just choose any wheel I decide on 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Yeah I’m saving up right now to get a long range wheel and the choices keep getting harder to choose from hopefully I’ll have 5,000$ saved up by spring then I can just choose any wheel I decide on 🤣

Yeah you'll have a ton of options at that point.

The only way I could afford my wheels was by buying all of them used.  Only the v8s I bought new

Edited by wstuart

6 hours ago, wstuart said:

but I feel like learning to manage different wheels has actually made me a better rider.  For example, if you so much as sneeze on a 16x you'll get death wobbles.  Learning to brake at high speed on the 16x has made me so much better at braking on all my other wheels.  

I love my 16X, its nimble and f.fast from 0 to 20 - but like above, it teaches you to take extreme care at higher speeds, it's not that stable , and jumping on the RS is fantastic at higher speeds, no wobbles, far better stability in fast turns , but not so nimble and comfortable as the 16X.   In my wheel-dreams someone should make a wheel as a combination of the 16X and the RS.:cheers: