How many EUCs do you really need?

360rumors

33 minutes ago, Robse said:

I love my 16X, its nimble and f.fast from 0 to 20 - but like above, it teaches you to take extreme care at higher speeds, it's not that stable , and jumping on the RS is fantastic at higher speeds, no wobbles, far better stability in fast turns , but not so nimble and comfortable as the 16X.   In my wheel-dreams someone should make a wheel as a combination of the 16X and the RS.:cheers:

They did.  I thinkbita called a T4...... and it even has suspension. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Yeah, that someone is called Inmotion. And the wheel is called the V12. You just need to put on the right tire and some firmware tweaks.

No... to much trouble with that wheel.  Completely lost any confidence in that "product".  I would have bought one but gave op - thankfully ;) And anyway, it's only a 16" and far to complicated to disassemble for repair / tire change .  The Begode is simple.  Simple shitty china , but at least it works .  And if not; Easy repair ( i hope so )

40 minutes ago, wstuart said:

They did.  I thinkbita called a T4...... and it even has suspension. 

Yes (and no) maybee - but i'll wait to buy a wheel with suspension until this whole suspension circus has moved from the cradle to something mature, usable, durable and well functioning.  2-3 years from now ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robse said:

Yes (and no) maybee - but i'll wait to buy a wheel with suspension until this whole suspension circus has moved from the cradle to something mature, usable, durable and well functioning.  2-3 years from now ?

That’s a long time period to wait imho. In that time, a suspension could save you from a crash. Meanwhile, possible problems from suspension seem more limited.

11 hours ago, Robse said:

Is the "cradle" the style that's on the s22 and Master?  If so, why don't you like it?

Before I heard about EUCs my PEV arsenal was 1 DIY all-mountain e-bike and 1 DIY 9KW street weapon e-bike that still manages to look like a bike and pedals. Then, as a latecomer, I got the bug we all know as EUC and very quickly the RS took the place of my all-mtn e-bike. So I'm a one wheel (not that OneWheel) and one e-bike kinda guy. I like how each plays to their strengths which will hopefully keep me out of the hospital in the long run.

The wheel for everything short-to-medium distance, low-to-no traffic, and off-road. The road e-bike for everything long-distance and traffic-related. I may eventually get a suspension wheel if one strikes my fancy a good while after ya'll work out the bugs. ;)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Vanturion said:

Before I heard about EUCs my PEV arsenal was 1 DIY all-mountain e-bike and 1 DIY 9KW street weapon e-bike that still manages to look like a bike and pedals. Then, as a latecomer, I got the bug we all know as EUC and very quickly the RS took the place of my all-mtn e-bike. So I'm a one wheel (not that OneWheel) and one e-bike kinda guy. I like how each plays to their strengths which will hopefully keep me out of the hospital in the long run.

The wheel for everything short-to-medium distance, low-to-no traffic, and off-road. The road e-bike for everything long-distance and traffic-related. I may eventually get a suspension wheel if one strikes my fancy a good while after ya'll work out the bugs. ;)

I have the RS too and it seems to be capable of filling many roles. My only gripe is that without suspension, I’m forced to slow down for potholes.  Edit: also I wish it had a better trolley.  The off-center trolley is quite poor and strains my wrist. 

Edited by 360rumors
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 360rumors said:

I have the RS too and it seems to be capable of filling many roles. My only gripe is that without suspension, I’m forced to slow down for potholes.  Edit: also I wish it had a better trolley.  The off-center trolley is quite poor and strains my wrist. 

Right there with ya, the design of the RS gets a lot of things right IMO, but the trolley handle was definitely a design compromise/non-prioritized feature. I busted mine pretty early on and excavated in favor of plugging the holes.

In any case, I'm planning to design a standard bicycle seat mount adapter + removable trolley handle in the near future. If I do an alright job of it, I'll put the files and instructions up on printables.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wstuart said:

Is the "cradle" the style that's on the s22 and Master?  If so, why don't you like it?

No, cradle was a kind of synonym for all of EUC's with suspension.  The same as for disc brakes on street bikes.  To flimsy, constructed from cheap material, to great tolerances.  Works like shit unless you do heave modifying by yourself.  Changing parts, adding parts.  Trying to fix something new that you just bought, to get it working...