How many EUCs do you really need?

360rumors

34 minutes ago, Felix said:

I have 18XL and Tesla V2 and you are totally right: The Tesla is way faster off the line, way more responsive, brakes much better than 18XL (or S18). However the 18XL is my choice for long rides and off road due to the higher pedals, wider tire,  more stable at  higher speeds, and of course the range. Also it feels higher quality, more solid build and just more trustworthy due to the 6 battery packs in parallel, this wheel just won't cut out. But Tesla is just awesome at short commutes, torque and acceleration can't be beat.

i see. i kind of liked the 18xl too when i tried it briefly. trying out other wheels made me appreciate the tesla more.  But it would really be much better if it had higher ground clearance.

1 minute ago, 360rumors said:

i see. i kind of liked the 18xl too when i tried it briefly. trying out other wheels made me appreciate the tesla more.  But it would really be much better if it had higher ground clearance.

The T3 has higher pedals, but i heard it is not as zippy as the V2. 

Just now, Felix said:

i see.  Well, i have my eye on the RS ... 

10 hours ago, 360rumors said:

@Funky Does the KS18XL really do it all?  Can it do off road as well as ride on the street?  I currently have a Tesla v2 and I like it except that the pedal is too low for off road, and I got an S18, but it seems too large and sluggish for short errands.

I don't ride with cars.. We don't do that here.. And i really don't have many options for off-road here also. :D (We don't have many "off-road" paths here.)

I tried once riding on sandy forest mountains - didn't really work out. My weight, +18xl "low" torque. Wheel started to spin in place or stop completely. 18xl is a street wheel not off-road anyways..

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

They are about the same weight. S18 has higher pedal height and less battery. However, the S18 has a 18x3 tire, whereas the 18XL, 18x2.5. This could be a factor. Did you say you bought the S18 used? If yes, does it have stock tires? The reason I asked is because when I got on a S18 demo wheel, it felt very light and nimble, like the Begode T3. I have never ridden an 18XL. I would have thought the S18 shouldn't have required that much more effort to ride than the 18XL.

1 hour ago, 360rumors said:

My 18xl has 80/80-14 tire. (Little bit bigger than 18x2.5") And HexTech pedals - they lifted my whole euc up. Tire + pedals i have gained ~2cm ground clearance.

If i really wanted i could even fit 18x3" tire - maybe... Even now i still got about "fat" finger worth of space till wheel well top. (1-1.5cm space)

Of course you will need to cut tire sides.

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Felix said:

I have 18XL and Tesla V2 and you are totally right: The Tesla is way faster off the line, way more responsive, brakes much better than 18XL (or S18). However the 18XL is my choice for long rides and off road due to the higher pedals, wider tire,  more stable at  higher speeds, and of course the range. Also it feels higher quality, more solid build and just more trustworthy due to the 6 battery packs in parallel, this wheel just won't cut out. But Tesla is just awesome at short commutes, torque and acceleration can't be beat.

This explains why people like the T2. Can I assume that you weren't using power pads when you were making that comparison? 

1 hour ago, Felix said:

I went back and watched monocat's video comparing the T2 vs the T3. She did say the T2 was snappier off the line.  But the T2 would start beeping at 46 km/h as oppose to 52 km/h for the T3. Additionally, Kate said while the T2 was nimbler, the T3 was more stable.

Did you find that the 18XL was more stable than the S18 at higher speeds? 

9 minutes ago, Funky said:

If i really wanted i could even fit 18x3" tire - maybe... Even now i still got about "fat" finger worth of space till wheel well top. (1-1.5cm space)

Of course you will need to cut tire sides.

I find this intriguing.  As it turns out for me with my T3, the width of the 16x2.5 tire was perfectly fine, but the overall diameter of the tire was a touch too large.

The ironic thing about my situation is that unmounted, the overall diameter of the 16x2,5 tubeless scooter tire is only 16".  And the width was too wide. But because the T3's rim is narrow, after the tire was mounted, the diameter grew to 16.75" and the width shrunk to just a touch over 2". This resulted in the tire touching the walls of wheel well, but leaving plenty of space width-wise.

BTW, the stock tire on the V12 is a 16x3 bicycle tire. However, it is much larger than the 16x2.5 tubeless scooter tire. Relatively speaking, the stock 16x2.125 tire is not that much smaller than the 16x2.5 tubeless scooter tire.

I have 2, soon to be 3.

I started on a Kingsong S18. After the initial learning process I found myself wanting more speed (not much) and more headroom. This lead to me pre-ordering the Kingsong S20 (now S22).

Then... towards the tail end of 2021 by S18 batteries stopped charging properly so I sent it back under warranty.

I waited 5 months without a wheel and was getting "oh look there is the sun" annoyance so hopped on Facebook and picked up the closest used Nikola+ I could find (it's a good value for money wheel).

Then after having that for a few months my S18 was fixed and sent back to me. Going back to the S18 made me doubly realise I need the S22 ASAP.

I will probably sell my S18 though when I get the S22.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 360rumors said:

@Funky Does the KS18XL really do it all?  Can it do off road as well as ride on the street? 

Sort of. 18XL was most popular wheel here for a while and is battle tested on hard core single track mountain bike paths, street bike paths, residential streets and what not. Also handles winter conditions like a champ.

But...for me it's slightly less wheel than I'd like for sharing busy streets with cars if you're into that sort of riding. Everything below that is good though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 360rumors said:

i see.  Well, i have my eye on the RS ... 

I absolutely love my rs 19 high speed from ewheels it’s a blast I’ve put on 1000 km in 5 weeks of owning it .I’ve been going off road more as of lately and the thing just rips thru whatever I put it thru 🤘🏻😎🤘🏻I love the knobby tire they give with it some people don’t but it’s great on all surfaces I almost want to buy a second one so I can always have one charged and ready to roll 🤣🤣

58 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

I absolutely love my rs 19 high speed from ewheels it’s a blast I’ve put on 1000 km in 5 weeks of owning it .I’ve been going off road more as of lately and the thing just rips thru whatever I put it thru 🤘🏻😎🤘🏻I love the knobby tire they give with it some people don’t but it’s great on all surfaces I almost want to buy a second one so I can always have one charged and ready to roll 🤣🤣

oh what a coincidence!  I'm considering RS too -- I'm wondering how well it can be ridden on a sidewalk at pedestrian walking speed. I need to do that occasionally.  Is it too large or too unstable for that?

25 minutes ago, 360rumors said:

oh what a coincidence!  I'm considering RS too -- I'm wondering how well it can be ridden on a sidewalk at pedestrian walking speed. I need to do that occasionally.  Is it too large or too unstable for that?

I love riding on sidewalks too especially if they are warped or buckled it makes it more fun 🤣 but yeah I ride small walking trails in the metro parks all the time aswell at slow speeds if there are a lot of people walking dogs and whatnot 

10 hours ago, techyiam said:

This explains why people like the T2. Can I assume that you weren't using power pads when you were making that comparison? 

Indeed, never used pads. The T2 just needs a small shift in weight to accelerate hard, whereas the 18XL accelerates much more gradual and you have to lean more.

I went back and watched monocat's video comparing the T2 vs the T3. She did say the T2 was snappier off the line.  But the T2 would start beeping at 46 km/h as oppose to 52 km/h for the T3. Additionally, Kate said while the T2 was nimbler, the T3 was more stable.

Could be, i don't have the balls to go top speed on any EUC. I usually go 40kph max.

Did you find that the 18XL was more stable than the S18 at higher speeds? 

I have not ridden the S18 that much , but they probably have similar stability. But i wouldn't fully trust the S18 at high speeds with its 3 parallel packs. Maybe its psychological but the 18XL with 6 parallel packs makes me totally trust it to deliver whatever I throw at it , even at low battery. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Felix said:

Could be, i don't have the balls to go top speed on any EUC. I usually go 40kph max.

Nothing wrong with that. In the world of euc's, I am finding out more, and more ways in how a rider can be caught off guard and subsequently crash.

• Like 2

I have a V11 now, but have a Master on order when they arrive in the Country.  I figured two wheels would do it for me.  That way I'll have one in reserve should the other go down for some reason.  

I will say, it's been difficult for me to decide between adding a Sherman or the Master.  I went ahead and ordered the Master, but it wouldn't take a lot for me to change that to a Sherman Max.  I like the range of the Sherman, but I also like the suspension of the Master.  I ride pretty much exclusively in the city, so trail riding isn't really an option.   

Happy riding to all!  😬

• Like 3

I’ve put 1000km on my new rs19 high speed  in 5 weeks I may have to add another wheel to the stable something with lots of range like the ex20s ,monster pro or Sherman max .that way I can be charging one wheel while riding the other .as much as I’d love to rip around on the new master the range is gunna be aweful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

I’ve put 1000km on my new rs19 high speed  in 5 weeks I may have to add another wheel to the stable something with lots of range like the ex20s ,monster pro or Sherman max .that way I can be charging one wheel while riding the other .as much as I’d love to rip around on the new master the range is gunna be aweful.

i'll have to quote myself on this one:

How many EUCs do you really need?

At least 3.

One for charging, one for repair and one for riding while .... :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

that way I can be charging one wheel while riding the other.

And when you return home - home has burned down. Because of charging with no baby sitting the wheel. :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Funky said:

And when you return home - home has burned down

That's why I have my eye on the RS Resolute :D

2 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

I'm about to purchase a second RSHS! I was considering getting a different wheel but the RS is just perfect for my needs and, imo, the best $ per power of any wheels on the market.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lets Do Science said:

I'm about to purchase a second RSHS! I was considering getting a different wheel but the RS is just perfect for my needs and, imo, the best $ per power of any wheels on the market.

I’m right there with ya ..I’ve thought about just buying another rshs it’s just a badass wheel .i wish I had people in my area to ride with so I could try another wheel like a Sherman max or monster pro but I’ve never seen anyone and I’m in a rural area everyone looks at me like I’m an alien especially the Amish 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

after owning the msp ht, just a really fun commuting wheel but lacking in speed and range, the exn c38 i like, good range but its ass heavy for jumping and not really waterproof-able. i was thinking of buying the RS HS but will probably wind up with a new Master for fun/commuting in the city and sell the ex n for a better balanced range wheel and maybe by then  begode will have something like a RS HT 134v for jumping, torque, speed and rainy days, all with the PWM dynamic tiltback and ill be happy happy happy. the answer is 3

• Like 1