16x for a fatso?

No1up

7 hours ago, No1up said:

I’m about 210-220… will the 16x be ok? 

no stress 260 lbs here 4000km done on 16x no problem axle bearings all ok. No jump and dont forget limit speed to 40km/h max(tiltback)

Psi 34-40 recommended

• Like 2

7 hours ago, No1up said:

Oh I thought you said fatso... I'm 220 pounds, have done almost 6000 miles on my 16x. Should be ok!

Just remember, especially at our heftier weight, this is not a 27-30 mph wheel. If you're happy with speeds up to 25 mph, the 16X is (imho) one of the best wheels out there.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, No1up said:

I’m the same weight as you I was thinking about the 16x then decided on the rs19 high speed .the thing is a beast.it’s nimble and I can carve the shit outta it.it has a ton of torque and top speed I’ve already hit 73 kph .i bought mine from ewheels and they gave me the new begode spiked pedals ,mudguard ,begode power pads ,wrist guards all for free.also sent me a extra reinforced  rs shell cuz of issues with screw posts on a recent batch I will definately buy from them again 😎👌🏻

18 hours ago, Tazarinho said:

Oh I thought you said fatso... I'm 220 pounds, have done almost 6000 miles on my 16x. Should be ok!

Just remember, especially at our heftier weight, this is not a 27-30 mph wheel. If you're happy with speeds up to 25 mph, the 16X is (imho) one of the best wheels out there.  

So it can’t do the 31mph at our weight? I refuse to buy a begode wheel and I love the lights on the 16x

18 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

no stress 260 lbs here 4000km done on 16x no problem axle bearings all ok. No jump and dont forget limit speed to 40km/h max(tiltback)

Psi 34-40 recommended

So top speed of 25? :( I was hoping for 30… 29 would be ok..

23 minutes ago, No1up said:

So top speed of 25? :( I was hoping for 30… 29 would be ok..

Technically the manual says 31 but means 28. But if you don't want to have much chance of overleaning it stick to 25 (at your weight). It's kind of the KS way. You probably want an AR+

• Like 1

Not only will the 16x be maxed out around mid 20s at your weight, it gets worse below 50% battery level. I know you said “no to GW” but why since for about the same price, you can get the fabulous RST with upgraded battery packs from EWheels (and according to ur profile u own the nic+)?  I weigh around 220 and cutout on the 16x around 29mph with full battery and it hurt biggly. I then bought the RST w Molicel packs and ride mid to low 30s below 20% battery without ever feeling a slight motor dip. Also, the ride quality w bigger tire diameter is way better than the 16x, they really don’t compare in my opinion. I really don’t like the 16x ride characteristics after I’ve ridden the RST. The nice lights on the 16x, and they are cool looking, shouldn’t be the biggest reason to buy it; it’s the quality and safety margin you should be most concerned about and it’s just hard to beat the RS or EXN. Let me be clear, I would NOT buy the RS without EWheels upgraded packs tho. Good luck and gear up esp if you get the 16x!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Top speed of 25 mph on a $2000 dollar wheel is lame as fuck 

27mph top speed on my $2k wheel. They claim 31mph but its bs. Speed is but ONE factor to consider. It all depends on where priorities lie. You don't get something for nothing. Headroom/weight/heat/battery type, all go hand in hand with speeds.  55mph for $3k is also lame. I once had a chevette that could go 80mph and it only cost me $200.....:eff02be2d7:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn’t like the AR Nikola+ at all. Way to tubby. And I was always worried about charging it. I would consider the RS from ewheels but they ar not in stock and need one now. I would even consider the EXN but there not enough about it out there. For instance it has a screen? Why do no reviews talk about that and what it displays? To many versions out there with no up to date reviews. Plus I’m told the shell is weak? With the master coming, it seems silly to spend 3k right now.. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, No1up said:

I didn’t like the AR Nikola+ at all. Way to tubby. And I was always worried about charging it. I would consider the RS from ewheels but they ar not in stock and need one now. I would even consider the EXN but there not enough about it out there. For instance it has a screen? Why do no reviews talk about that and what it displays? To many versions out there with no up to date reviews. Plus I’m told the shell is weak? With the master coming, it seems silly to spend 3k right now.. 

ewheels has rs19 high speed in stock  I just received mine a few weeks ago and I’m pretty sure they also told me they have the high torque they were in the process of replacing the inner shells with reinforced ones but I said I’d do it myself so they took 100$ off the wheel and sent me the shells .some of the screw receiver post on the inner shell  I guess were having issues I haven’t switched mine out yet cuz I’ve had no problems with mine and I have 400 miles on my wheel now  so it’s nice having a back up shell just in case.Here is ewheels telephone number 305-432-2788 if ya wanted to check on what’s in stock .a lot of times there website isn’t always up to date 

On 5/20/2022 at 1:46 AM, Tazarinho said:

Wow I guess I'll back off on my 16x then then. I'm 6'8" with 240lb riding weight and I've cruised at 27 and visited 29 a few times......  I didn't know it was so risky.  

I also have an MSP HT. I agree that it is much more capable overall than the 16x, but I believe the 16x is more convenient. It's acceleration is almost as good as my msp up to 25.  Also it's just so maneuverable. I don't live in and urban area, but if I did, the 16x would be my go to wheel.  

As is, right now it's my quick convenient grocery getter.  I got lucky and snatched up a used local one for 1100.  I wouldn't pay 2000 for it though.  At my weight I would probably get a new RST with molicel packs.  If you don't like Begode, try the V12 HT. It should haul you around pretty good

Edited by wstuart
  • Like 1

I just jumped on the scale this morning.. I'm 203lb so maybe 2115lb with gear. I already got the 16x in. If I would have known about the RS19 I MIGHT have gone with that but I dont want to go through the hassle of an exchange. the 16x should hold me over until the s22 or Master arrive. I might just get a rapid charger as well. 

32 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I, too, like to ride around with my solid Gold body armor:D

Tripio in real life?

jb-casacop-swl-k0699-d1419-26719-c-3po-u

Or are you a long lost golden knight?

main-image

Or are you by chance a Lil Nas X?

613fdf12261771001825f3b6?width=800&forma

Dam @No1up 2115lbs with gear. How the heck can someone move with that weight..:w00t2: I see pedals/axle breaking after riding over a pebble. Be sure to pump your tire up to 50-55psi. Or you may damage the "rim". :crying:

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Your profile says you already have a Nik AR+ and a V12 (both "16" inchers like the 16X), is that accurate?

I sold them last year. I feel bad on the v12.. sold it about two weeks before the Inmotion announcement about the cut outs 😅 I swear I didn’t know. 

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Your profile says you already have a Nik AR+ and a V12 (both "16" inchers like the 16X), is that accurate?

Water pak, charger, extra battery bank, helmet, pads, jacket when it’s cold… lol I just estimate about 10lb or so… the water is about half gallon. 

I didn’t like the Nikola, it was very tubby. And the peddles needed changed day#1

loved the v12, hated the LEDs. Handling was great until I rode my wife’s 16xs… the 16xs handling is off the charts. It’s so nimble and even with half the battery it still packed a punch. 

I stopped riding for about 8 months or so. Just getting back in and looking for something simple, fun, and reliable. I probably would have gone with the v12 due to the extras BUT the chooch crash video where the screen was all smashed up reminded me about keeping it simple. My buddy has a 16x with over 6000 trouble free miles. Knowing that, and having tried my wife’s the 16xs (she also sold it last year). I just felt the 16x was calling me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, No1up said:

I didn’t like the Nikola, it was very tubby. And the peddles needed changed day#1

loved the v12, hated the LEDs. Handling was great until I rode my wife’s 16xs… the 16xs handling is off the charts. It’s so nimble and even with half the battery it still packed a punch. 

I stopped riding for about 8 months or so. Just getting back in and looking for something simple, fun, and reliable. I probably would have gone with the v12 due to the extras BUT the chooch crash video where the screen was all smashed up reminded me about keeping it simple. My buddy has a 16x with over 6000 trouble free miles. Knowing that, and having tried my wife’s the 16xs (she also sold it last year). I just felt the 16x was calling me. 

Not a bad call man.  I do most my riding in the 22-27 mph range, which is where 84v wheels kind of live.  As long as you dont want to go 30, you will not be disappointed by the 16x.  It's my favorite wheel for cruising on the street.