Bad to leave EUC fully charged for a few hours?

wstuart

I'm considering charging my EUCs the night before I use them for my morning commute.  Is it bad if they sit fully charged for 7 hours overnight?

I have in the past ridden them for a few miles right after they charge - just to make it so the wheel isn't sitting totally topped off...... but I wasn't sure if this is necessary. 

15 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Is it bad if they sit fully charged for 7 hours overnight?

well, nobody has exact numbers but you'll probably shorten the life of your battery pack from 30k miles to something a bit less than that.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about 7 hours a day... but if you don't need to charge them every day, don't! Mostly you don't want to leave them on-charger for weeks and months and years on end without riding them. First of all, it's bad form to not ride your wheel. Second, that kind of time at full charge will shorten the lifespan of your pack "more".

8k km on KS-16S (680Wh) no problems, charging with default (work) and also fast charger (home/trip). I try to avoid charging over night (Im technician and validator... paranoia could be my second name as the Things happens to me strangly often).
I use EUC Word to read battery Voltage regularly (max. Voltage evening and morning before ride small V drop. Actually 67.7V to 67.4V. Device is 67.2V rated)
Battery capacity use counted by EUCWorld on trip is also good to check sometime.
And also some charging graph as @Seba mentioned. In my case its smart plug (Shelly-S) and Home Assistant open source integration. Now Im waiting fot TP P110 (again in EUCWould), unfortunatelly this smart plug cannot be integrated to Hass.io (TP decided to kick out free comunity).

Yesterday I gave my wheel to service for 1 year check and they will also measure battery capacity by a Pro charger/discharger. I will update my post with results later (1 week).

Long story short - just Eyes open, dont ignore anomalies, be happy & enjoy your rides.

• Like 2

I don't have nearly the mileage as the above members, but I just ticked over 5000km on my Sherman (which I got last August). I let it rest for about an hour after coming back from a ride, and then start charging. More often than not, this means that it finishes charging some time in the middle of the night. I unplug in the morning and it's ready to go for the next ride, which may be that day or if the weather is crappy, it might be over a week until I ride again. I still get the same range as when it was new and it doesn't lose any voltage before the next ride. I do the same on my Gotway Tesla V2 and it sits for months without being ridden. No problems with either wheel.

• Like 1

It is actually recommended to leave the wheel sitting for an hour or two after it has finished charging to let the battery cells balance, but 7 hours is unnecessarily long. I'd get one of those timer thingss with a dial that you can plug into a wall outlet. That way you can determine when the wheel starts charging at night, and you can time it so it only finishes an hour or two before you start rding.

16 hours ago, Hansolo said:

Almost 42 000 km on my MS3 (41 900 currently) engine and battery of origin and like @Seba I put in load while returning and disconnect the charger the morning

Wow! Does that wheel still have the factory packs it came with?

Edited by alcatraz

8 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

Yes, 1600 Wh + 400 Wh added for a total of 2000 Wh

Fantastic. Good stuff! I bet you take care of the wheel. You ride it within 80% of its speed/torque. You don't crash it. You keep it clean/dry inside etc. Silicone the panels etc.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wstuart said:

Is it bad if they sit fully charged for 7 hours overnight?

I know others have already answered, but I'd just like to say that my Rs 19 sits at 100% for several days sometimes. It's totally fine to charge overnight. In fact, from what iv'e read on this forum, it is good to leave it plugged in to the charger for a few hours after fully charging to let the batteries balance.